Home

Chicago... CHICAGO?

This is a discussion on Chicago... CHICAGO? within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #41
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Chicago... CHICAGO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
That's just how this White Sox team is. As soon as you can beef up the bullpen and the back end of your rotation you'll be one of the best teams in the bigs. Are you planning on attempting to move John Danks and his contract? Dude is making $11mil/year and usually he isn't worth it, but he seems to be pitching well for you.
Not sure. Playing my 'stros series and just simmed my game with him (in pretty easy series that aren't important I sim one, play one, and do one on quick counts) and he pushed his ERA to 2.85. I've been considering what to do with him.. I may deal him off for a better catcher or something, gotta see how he continues to pitch... and yes I've been loving this team... super fun to play with the speed threats of Ramirez/De Aza/Eaton and have pure power threats with Dunn/Abreu. Then there is Chris Sale... 'nuff said!

Last edited by KingFry; 08-02-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #42
Pro

KingFry's Arena

White Sox sweep Astros, taking division lead and move t 31-14

With the Sox winning game one against the 'stros 7-5, led by Tyler Flowers two home runs and Adam Hiten's two doubles, they look to win again in game two. Today it would be a matchup of Tommy Hanson (2.53 ERA) VS Scott Feldman, who has his ERA up in the 5's.

Alexi Ramirez started this game off, having an 8 pitch AB, where he crushed one, but right to the LFer. After getting Eaton to ground out, De Aza singles with two away into RF. De Aza then steaks 2B with ease to get into scoring position, but an Adam Dunn strikeout prevents him from scoring.

In the top of the third, Gordon Beckham put a score on the board as he destroyed a curveball to make it 1-0. A single by Adam Eaton would keep the inning alive, then a swinging bunt by De Aza would keep the inning alive AGAIN, as De Aza is safe with 1st and 2nd and two out. Then a double steal is called as Adam Dunn crushes a double into the gap as both runs score to make it 3-1, but Adam Dunn is tagged out as he rounds second(no clue why it had him round 2nd...)

The 'stros get 1st and 2nd with one away, but on a double steal Tyler Flowers has a bad throw and both runners are safe. A single from Jose Altuve will make it 3-1 as the bad throw by Flowers backfires. A sac fly makes it 3-2 but Hanson won't let that derail him as he keeps it at 3-2.

De Aza leads off the 6th with a double, hoping to extend the Sox lead, but they'll get him on a ground ball to third, as Dunn is safe at first, but a ground ball to third ends it all.

Hanson continues his good outing, making sure the Astros don't get any more runs. The Sox lineup is making sure the White Sox get some more though, as Tyler Flowers crushes one so much he has permission to do a nice bat flip, as the Sox gain a 4-2 lead.

Hanson continues pitching handsomely in the 8th, striking out one and getting two more to bring it the the 9th. The Sox were looking for some insurance runs, but couldn't get any as it went to the bottom of the 9th. Hanson remained in the game for the last inning. Hanson struck out two in the ninth to complete his gem. Hanson struck out 4, while giving up 2 ER and 8 hits through 9 IP. De Aza led the offensive charge, going 4/4.

After winning game 1 and 2, the White Sox were looking at a sweep. And they got one. Paulino pitched 6 strong innings, and Ryan Madson got his 14th save. A HR by Garcia and a double and RBI by Gillaspe led the White Sox offensively, where they had 9 hits. Viciedo's hit streak ended as he was 0/3 with a walk, and backup catcher Josh Phegly went 2/4 in a good day for him.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:39 AM   #43
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry
Not sure. Playing my 'stros series and just simmed my game with him (in pretty easy series that aren't important I sim one, play one, and do one on quick counts) and he pushed his ERA to 2.85. I've been considering what to do with him.. I may deal him off for a better catcher or something, gotta see how he continues to pitch... and yes I've been loving this team... super fun to play with the speed threats of Ramirez/De Aza/Eaton and have pure power threats with Dunn/Abreu. Then there is Chris Sale... 'nuff said!
Yeah, catcher is a huge concern for you. I love what you're doing with the team though, good work! I'll be keeping an eye on this
Old 08-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #44
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
Yeah, catcher is a huge concern for you. I love what you're doing with the team though, good work! I'll be keeping an eye on this
Thanks , Flowers has been hitting well lately but he is up and down and has been terrible at fielding... guys with like 40 speed are stealing on him...
Old 08-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 25

I don't think I've ever seen a White Sox franchise on here before... That kind of surprises me because of the players you've got to work with at the major league level.

This looks really good; I'm Following.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #46
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
I don't think I've ever seen a White Sox franchise on here before... That kind of surprises me because of the players you've got to work with at the major league level.

This looks really good; I'm Following.
Thanks

I was gonna do an M's 'chise but Duece was already doing one and I looked at the Sox, and realized that I've never seen a White Sox franchise... so went ahead and chose 'em. I'm honestly shocked with my success lol
Old 08-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #47
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Minor Moves: AL/NL Notes

- Javy Guerra was designated for assignment on May 17th after posting an ERA of 5.27 in AAA. He was soon traded for 28 year old Russ Canzler who is hitting .311 in AAA.

- 24 year old Jason Coats who was hitting .320 in AA, and could be in the MLB if it weren't for the Sox crowded OF, was dealt to the Tigers for Domingo Leyba. Coats was immediately called to the big leagues to replace struggling Daniel Fields.

- Jose Bautista is still out with a broken forearm. Salavador Perez has a fractured wrist.

- Brett Hayes was designated for assignment.

- Stephen Piscotty called up to MLB.

- Grady Sizemore released, Ryan Roberts called to MLB.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #48
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Sale pitches 9 inning gem, Sox win 1-0

The White Sox would be taking on division rivals, the Royals. Both teams are competing for first. The Sox in the lead, 31-14 and the Royals near them in 2nd, at 29-14. Chris Sale, who is 6-2 with a 2.39 ERA, and has only given up 2 ER in his last 26 IP, would face Jeremy Guthrie, who has a 4.26 ERA.

Both teams would start it off going 1-2-3. That wouldn't happen to the Sox in the second. As Adam Dunn extended his hit streak to 13 games, and hit his 13th homer to make it 1-0. After Guthrie struck out Konerko, and got the struggling rookie Jose Abreu out, Gillaspe kept the inning alive with a single, just for Beckham to fly out.

The Royals got it all started with a one out double, but with Sale throwing his heart out, the next two batters were retired.

The game stayed quiet, until Konerko crushed a ball up the middle, that bounced off the pitchers arm into the air and was caught for the third out of the inning!

The teams kept quiet, as Sale and Guthrie continued pitching great, as Adam Dunn's home run was the only score on the board. The Royals got a hit from Cain which was neutralized with outs, then another hit which brought up Escobar would lead to a 3-2 count with two away, and a single by Butler with the full count to make it 1st and 3rd. Sale wouldn't let it mess him or the Sox up, as he got the next out to keep it at 1-0.

Guthrie would continue his domination, getting the Sox 1-2-3 again. Sale would keep pitching well, but a bunt single that slipped past Gillaspe's hand couldn't get the man out, but it wouldn't matter as Sale got the next guy on a pop fly.

In the 8th, Sale continued to pitch well, as a bloop single would be a cheap hit for the Royals with two away. After the bloop, he would steal second and the tying run moves into scoring position, but a Billy Butler line drive would be caught in left to keep it at 1-0.

Sale would go on to retire the side in the 9th to complete his 9 inning gem and get the Sox their 4th win in a row. Sale would give up 6 hits through 9 and strike out 7.

Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals
Jan 1, 123456789RHE
Chicago (31-14)010000000120
Kansas City (29-14)000000000060
W: C. Sale (W, 7-2) L: J. Guthrie (L, 3-3)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSCHWKAN
CHW1Adam Dunn homers to right field.10
Chicago White Sox
HITTERSABRHBIBBSOAVG
Ramirez, SS400001.262
Eaton, CF400001.296
De Aza, LF300000.319
Dunn, RF311100.230
Konerko, 1B300002.275
Abreu, DH300001.202
Gillaspe, 3B301000.312