Home

Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13)

This is a discussion on Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #17
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrmlb
I love this dynasty so far! Following.
Thanks. Appreciate it.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

Liking the story so far. I'll be following (as long as it doesn't end soon!).
Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #19
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

OVR: 5

Great job so far, definitely following!

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html
Old 02-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #20
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

November 1st 2012

"What can you tell me about this one"

Mike asked the car salesman. He was sharply dressed and keen to sell to Mike. he thought he'd treat himself after a win in his first game. After all he could afford something like this after a big salary bump. He had his eyes on a black Range Rover with shimmering silver rims.

"It's one of our most popular models. Reliable. Flashy. Cheap as well compared to most cars here"

"I'll take it.?"

Mike slowly got his wallet out of the back pocket of his jeans. Ed approached the dealership. Mike had asked him to meet him there to talk about the first game.

"I'll meet you inside in a bit" He said to the dealer.

"Got something to share with you" Ed had a willing look on his face

"It better be something good if your smiling like that"

"First of all good win. I know it's only been one game but there are still some concerns I would like to share with you"

Ed pulled out his notepad.

"We could use a reprieve at the 3. Salmons only scored 4 points last night and the only thing he was trying to find were the bricks he left on the court. He is ageing and his production is dropping which could hurt us in the long run"

"Yeah but we could still use his experience for the younger guys but I suppose his big contract is hurting our cap."

"Yeah he has experience but his game isn't showing it and we need a more productive player"

"I suppose I can see what I can do. Anything else?"

"Tyreke was worryingly inconsistent last night, I'm not saying trade him but just watch his situation throughout say the first 15-20 games. Our bench needs some work. Brooks give us good energy but he could maybe be used as trade bait."

"I was thinking of packaging him in a deal to score maybe a young three"

"Kid, there are a few players down in their respective rotations this season. Michael Beasley being one of them but we could do without his attitude problems as well"

"What about someone younger. I'm thinking the 2nd pick in the draft last year"

"Derrick Williams" Ed answered surprisingly "He's a four"

"But he shoots like a three. Has the length of a four and could play both positions for us. It is a risky move with T-Rob and Jason Thompson though. The potential is there for all to see."

"Well you are the GM but think about what Minnesota will ask for"

"It's not a sure decision yet Ed. I'll evaluate my options and see what we can deal. For the meantime sit tight."

Mike walked back towards the dealership deep in conversation with Ed. Could a deal be done for either of those players. What did Mike have up his sleeve?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #21
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Making a play for Williams? Interesting. Very interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #22
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

I think I might, But working out a fair trade for both parties is Hard. i have tried 3 team as well but the third team is a hard option too.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #23
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

Kings New GM Makes Early Moves

Rob Collins for ESPN.com / November 1st 2012

SACRAMENTO -- The Sacramento Kings new GM Mike Ellis hasn't waited long to shake things up, especially this early in the season. Despite the Kings coming off an impressive showing against the Bulls in Chicago on Halloween the Kings GM has reportedly made two trades.

The first sends Kings Power Forward Jason Thompson and veteran forward John Salmons to Minnesota in exchange the Kings receive last years number two pick Derrick Williams and point guard J.J Barea.

With the acquisition of point guard J.J Barea, Ellis obviously thought he would be more productive than off-season acquisition Aaron Brooks. So he has made another trade.

This trade sends Aaron Brooks and 2nd year forward Tyler Honeycutt to the Jazz in exchange for DeMarre Carroll and last years Sprite Slam Dunk Champion Jeremy Evans.

These two trades show that the Kings new GM had ambition for his Kings team and want them to make some noise but already some are questioning him acquiring Derrick Williams but he had this too say about the two trades.

"Derrick Was down in the depth chart in Minnesota and I really felt that he could do big things here in Sacramento. We didn't want to have to give away someone like Jason but it was essential to both parties happiness and I see a lot of potential for Derrick to do big things in this league. I also think we have a coach he can thrive under in Keith Smart"

When asked about the second trade he said this.

"Well we got a good deal when we landed a good scorer like Barea and I think he can do a better job than Aaron obviously no offense to Aaron, He has been away from the league for a year and J.J had the best season of his career last year of the bench, somewhere we were lacking. I wanted a hustle player who gives a lot of energy and that's when I contacted Kevin O'Connor and asked him if we could do a deal for DeMarre. He's a guy who's effort reflects on the team, He's tenacious and will give you great hustle on both ends of the court. Jeremy is also a great athlete that can help us too."

Ironically Derrick Williams is expected to make his debut against the Timberwolves tomorrow night. The Kings look like they will slide Marcus Thronton into the line-up moving Tyreke Evans to small forward and Williams to the four.

It's clear by these statements that Ellis had big plans for this squad. It looks like he's ready to prove the doubters wrong.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #24
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

Cousins leads blow out of Timberwolves

Tim James for KINGS.com l 2nd November 2012 11:09 PM

MINNESOTA -- Two road games. Two Wins. Two dominant performances for DeMarcus Cousins. Is it too early to be thinking and bringing out the DeMarcus for All-Star signs?. One things for certain Cousins is playing like an all-star and has led the Kings in scoring and led the Kings to a 2-0 start. Let's not get carried away though their are still another 80 games to go.

As everyone in the NBA knows these two teams were part of a trade and one part of that trade Derrick Williams had a productive first outing scoring 14 points and 10 coming in the second quarter. He wasn't jsut scoring but connecting with his frontcourt compatriot DeMarcus Cousins quite a lot. Another player apart of the trade John Salmons scored 15 points perhaps showing the Kings might have gave up on him early.

The game was a fast, fluid offensive game and that was shown by the lack of turnovers 8 for the Kings and 7 for the Timberwolves. In the absence of Ricky Rubio, the Wolves rookie point guard from Russia Alexey Shved led the team in scoring with 25 points. Perhaps part of the Kings win was the big 2nd quarter on the defensive end while holding the Timberwolves to 28% from the field and 19 points for the second quarter. Keith Smart was happy with that saying this.

"It's nice to watch a defensive performance like that. The team were very efficient and when we go the stop and the rebound most of the time we were out in transition, using the speed of our team to our advantage"

The Kings had perhaps sealed the game by the third first taking a ten point lead late on at 77-67 and by the end of the quarter it was 82-69 and despite a Kevin Love buzzer beater the momentum wasn't enough to keep the Timberwolves going.

Play of the Game: Isaiah Thomas got his Dikembe Mutombo on blocking Luke Ridnour under the basket showing some great hops for a small guard.

New Faces in New Places: Derrick Williams finished third in scoring for the Kings with 14 points while DeMarre Carroll finished with 12 points and 6 rebounds of the bench in 19 minutes and not to mention 7 free throw attempts. J.J Barea was quite ineffective, 22 minutes, 1-10 FG, 0-5 from deep, Some significant improvement needed.

Jason Thompson clocked 17 minutes but only recored 2 points and 6 rebounds. John Salmons scored 15 points on 50% shooting.

Sacramento Kings at Minnesota Timberwolves
Nov 2, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Sacramento (2-0)26253124106
Minnesota (0-1)2719232493
Sacramento Kings
NOTABLE PERFORMANCESMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
DeMarcus Cousins4010-100-05-612010025
Tyreke Evans 334-90-17-88601015
Derrick Williams 357-130-10-06411214
TEAM TOTALS40/82 (48%)2/15 (13%)24/31 (37%)4923248106
Minnesota Timberwolves
NOTABLE PERFORMANCESMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS