Home

SimWorld presents: The NBA2K MyLeague Chronicle

This is a discussion on SimWorld presents: The NBA2K MyLeague Chronicle within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:00 AM   #9
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
May 29th, 2015

Golden State - 102
Curry: 31 pts - 9 ast - 5 for 9 from three
Barnes: 20 pts - 9 for 13 from the field
Bogut: 8 pts -11 reb

Chicago - 88
Rose: 21 pts - 6 ast - 6 turnovers
Gasol: 29 pts - 10 reb
Butler: 8 pts - 3-11 from the field

Game 2 tomorrow at 4:30 (est) on ABC
streamed at: http://www.twitch.tv/simworldgaming
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #10
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
May 29th, 2015

Game One Recap: Lack of Distribution on Offense Hurts Bulls

The Chicago Bulls didn’t do what they had to do and in consequence the Golden State Warriors walked away with the crucial Game 1 victory. The Bulls never held a lead after the 1st quarter and did not distribute the ball, while the Warriors had 4 players score over 15 points.

Steph Curry scored 31 points and shot 55% on 9 three-point attempts, also recording 9 assists in the victory. His 5 three-pointers matched the entire Chicago team, who shot 29% on 5-17 shooting from beyond the arc. Harrison Barnes, starting at Small Forward against rookie Doug McDermott, scored 20 points to finish second on the Warriors. Klay Thompson, 4th in the playoffs with 24.2 points per game, finished with 16, while 6th man Andre Iguodala scored 15 points in 30 minutes of play.

The Bulls were led by Pau Gasol with 29 points and 10 rebounds and by Derrick Rose with 21 points. However, Chicago only had one other player score in double-digits (Nikola Mirotic scored 10 in 13 minutes). The Bulls, despite playing against a Warriors’ team with key paint cog David Lee sidelined, only managed 34 points in the paint. Golden State’s duo frontcourt duo of Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut scored 8 points and grabbed 11 rebounds apiece and proved a formidable, imposing presence in the post.

Jimmy Butler led all players with 41 points and did hold Klay Thompson to 16 points, a success in that regard, but failed on the offensive end. He shot a paltry 27% (3-11) from the field, en route to 8 points, and often looked out of place in a Bulls offense that was forced to rely heavily on contested shots. Butler had 5 assists, 31% of the Bulls’ total assists (Derrick Rose also had 5), a stat that needs to change for the Bulls to win games. The Warriors out-assisted Chicago 28-16, the epitome of a catastrophic offensive game for the Bulls’ team as a whole.

"We didn't do what we had to do," said Tom Thibodeau. He added: "We didn't play to our strengths and we didn't show that we wanted to win."
Steve Kerr echoed Thibodeau's sentiment, saying that "They didn't play like we know they can. We can beat them and we'll have to beat a better version of what we took care of tonight.
Leading scorer Stephen Curry, on what went right for him: "I was in a groove, like I have been lately. I'm glad we could get a win. It's much nicer to be up 1-0 in the Finals than down 1-0."

Game Two of the Finals, with the Warriors hosting the Bulls in the second game of the first home set, tips off tomorrow night at 8pm EST.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #11
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

May 30th, 2015

Breaking News: Sprinklers Faulty in Oracle, Game 2 Delayed

The Chicago Bulls will have an extra hour to prepare for their next game. Faulty sprinklers at the Golden State Warriors' Oracle Arena have delayed the start of Game Two of the 2015 NBA Finals. The sprinklers suddenly turned on, washing the court with water, and require an extra hour to dry. The game has been pushed back [actual time] to 5:30 streaming EST. The Bulls look to rebound from their 102-88 Game 1 loss.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 02-26-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #12
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

May 31st, 2015

GAME 2

AT
(0 - 1)

NOTES
Sprinkler issue delayed game. Tipoff at 5:30 EST.

Watch live video from SimWorldGaming on www.twitch.tv

Last edited by ronyell; 02-26-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #13
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

May 31st, 2015

Golden State - 98
Curry: 40 pts - 5 ast - 4 stl
Thompson: 22 pts - 2 for 2 from three
Iguodala: 18 pts - 3 reb - 5 ast

Chicago - 85
Gasol: 28 pts - 9 reb
Rose: 21 pts - 6 turnovers - 6 from 14 from the field
Butler: 11 pts

Game 3 tomorrow at 8:00 (est) on ABC
Old 02-27-2015, 03:55 AM   #14
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

May 31st, 2015

Running Over The Bulls

Curry Leads Warriors With 40 Points

Quote from Steph Curry: "It was like shooting into an ocean out there."

At Steph Curry's ocean, there are no lifeguards, no annoying particles of sand, only one other beach goer, and most of all, no perimeter defense.

Curry scored 40 points to lead Golden State in another double-digit victory over the Eastern Conference–champion Bulls. He shot 17-30 (56%) from the field despite only hitting 3 three-pointers, but 4 steals gave him room for plenty of easy lay-ups. Curry and the Warriors (which, incidentally, would be a great name for a rock band) abused Derrick Rose (6 turnovers) and the Bulls (14 turnovers) and took away enough offensive possessions to turn the tide of the game—had the tide not already swung in Golden State's favour.

The Bulls allowed the first 6 points of the game and never held the lead. They once again succumbed to a dearth of distributed scoring, as Pau Gasol once again led the team with 28 points and Derrick Rose finished with 21. Jimmy Butler, this time, was the third and final double-digit scorer as he put up 11. However, the problem was defense. Rose couldn't keep up with Steph Curry and Butler looked worse this game, allowing Klay Thompson 22 points.

"I'm not happy," was all Tom Thibodeau had to say. He shouldn't be. The Bulls will have an extra day to rest before opening their crucial 2 home games at the United Center. The Bulls, winners of the East and one of the best defensive teams all season, can't go down like this.

But for now, Steph Curry's ocean is crystal-clear.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #15
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

June 1st, 2015

Brent Barry Sits Down With Derrick Rose After Game 2 Loss.

Barry: Alright Derrick, so your Bulls are down 0-2 to the Warriors in this year's finals. What do you think you guys need to do to get back into this series?

Rose: I don't think we're out of the series. I think they protected their home floor like they are supposed to. I think they had their crowd behind them & were fired up & I think they hit some crazy shots. We just gotta come home & do what we're supposed to do, protect our home floor & get this series back to zero to zero.

Barry: Stephen Curry seems to be on fire thus far in this series scoring 31 in game one & exploding for 40 last night. What kind of things did coach Thibodeaux talk about in regard to slowing him down?

Rose: Effort. I mean... effort man. Getting out on their shooters, whether it's Curry, Klay... if it's Andre... you know who ever. They run a lot of ball screens and we just haven't been closing out & contesting like we have been all season AND all playoffs long. And I gotta do a better job fighting through picks & contesting. I feel like I gave him a lot more clean looks that you can give a shooter like that.

Barry: Not gonna be an easy task. You guys seem to have been running a lot of your offense through Pau down low. Was that the strategy going in & will it remain for game 3 if so?

Rose: It was definitely the plan coming in as coach wanted us to slow the game down a bit and it has worked in spurts but in practice today we discussed some other things that we will try tomorrow night.

Barry: Not gonna share those secrets Derrick?

Rose: Naw man. *laughs*

Barry: Many people were skeptical about seeing the Bulls here in the Finals this year after seeing Cleveland pick up Lebron James & Love and were even more so skeptical as to if you would be playing this time of year. How do you feel about making it here & what do you say to those skeptics?

Rose: Man it feels good to be here. It'd feel better if we weren't down 0-2 but it does feel good to get here. These guys have fought through a lot the last few years without me - *Barry interjects*

Barry: And so have you.

Rose: Yea, yeah, the whole organization, the whole city has & it just feels good to get that redemption & be a part of this team's success this year. Be out on the floor & playing in the Finals.

Barry: And your skeptics?

Rose: There'll always be skeptics you know. I just know what i'm here to do & that's help my teammates in every way that I can.

Barry: Derrick I kind of feel like you're avoiding this one. Anything you wanna say to the skeptics who said you were done & that wouldn't play at the same level any longer?

Rose: Naw man. I learned my lesson about saying what I really feel earlier this year.

Barry: *laughs* I understand, I understand. One last question Derrick. What do you want your legacy to be?

Rose: That I work hard. You know... you win games, you lose games... we have the opportunity to win a championship right now. To a degree; I can't control the outcome of any of that but I can control how hard I work. That's it. I want people to know that I work hard.

Barry: Hardworking Derrick Rose. There you have it. Thank you for your time Derrick & good luck to you & your Bulls tomorrow night.

Last edited by ronyell; 03-06-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #16
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

June 2nd, 2015

TUNE IN FOR THE 2015

(2 - 0)

Game 3 tonight at 8:00pm (est) on ABC

Last edited by ronyell; 02-27-2015 at 01:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »