Home

#TheStormIsComing | A Nashville Expansion Story | NBA 2K17

This is a discussion on #TheStormIsComing | A Nashville Expansion Story | NBA 2K17 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #65
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #TheStormIsComing | A Nashville Expansion Story | NBA 2K17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Interesting trades, I think they are all honestly fair minus the Richardson one. Just my two cents, I think one first rounder for him is more realistic, while he is a good player, hes not a game changer or a guy who has that kind of value. This is coming from a Heat fan, okay. But, if they offered it to you, then take it. Just giving my two cents bro, hope you don't mind. I would want someone to do the same.

Anyways, glad to see everyone is getting along well chemistry wise and your are doing so well. Now that Nashville, has a NHL team in the playoffs and now a NBa team, you are putting the city on the map!
Josh Richardson is 83 overall and he has a potential rating of A-. IF he reaches his full potential, I believe he could end up as high as the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the NBA in terms of overall rating. So, I thought 2 first rounders for him was a decent move for both sides. The only reason I wasn't going to re-sign Richardson was because I thought that Josh Jackson at SG and Michael Porter Jr. at SF could be an absolutely amazing tandem which I could keep for at least the next 3 years. Based on the fact that I own the Dallas pick (#1 pick as of now) and the Charlotte pick (#3 pick as of now), I feel really good about my chances of getting Porter Jr.

Thanks for the comment!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #66
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

All-Star Break Update

Since the last update, we have gone 6-2. Here are the results of our past 8 games:

February 9: @ Atlanta: W 101-98: 43-9
February 11: @ Vancouver: W 98-93: 44-9
February 12: vs. Miami: L 90-96: 44-10
February 14: @ Denver: W 114-100: 45-10
February 16: @ Washington: W 111-81: 46-10
February 17: vs. Philadelphia: W 115-95: 47-10
February 19: @ Portland: 104-112: 47-11
February 21: vs. Toronto: 100-72: 48-11

So, at the All-Star Break our Nashville Storm have a record of 48-11. That's good for the best record in the NBA. We still have 23 games left and we already have 2 more wins than last season.

Isn't this crazy though? An expansion team that's had 2 off-seasons to fill out a competitive roster has already risen to the top of the NBA?

Anyway, our All-Star break was a rather quiet one. As you can probably guess, Russell Westbrook was our only All-Star selection. He started for the East and scored 10 points in 31 minutes of playing time in the Eastern Conference's 88-105 loss to the Western Conference.

Josh Jackson was our only player selected to play in the Rising Stars Challenge. Jackson came off the bench and put up 7 points in a losing effort as the Elites defeated the Stars by a score of 108-103.

Our next two games will be against two of the Western Conference's best teams. The Minnesota Timberwolves (the top team in the West) and the Golden State Warriors (#3 team in the West).

2018 NBA All-Star Game Rosters
Eastern ConferenceWestern Conference
Head Coach:
Frank Vogel, Pacers
Head Coach:
Mike Malone, Trail Blazers
PosStartersPosStarters
PGRussell Westbrook, StormPGDamian Lillard, Trail Blazers
PGKyrie Irving, CavaliersSGJames Harden, Rockets
SFPaul George, PacersSFKawhi Leonard, Spurs
SFLeBron James, CelticsPFAnthony Davis, Pelicans
SFGiannis Antetokounmpo, BucksCKarl-Anthony Towns, Timberwolves
PosReservesPosReserves
PGJohn Wall, WizardsPGLonzo Ball, Ravens
SGDeMar DeRozan, RaptorsCNikola Jokic, Nuggets
SFCarmelo Anthony, KnicksSFBen Simmons, Suns
PFKevin Love, CavaliersSGJamal Murray, Ravens
CAndre Drummond, PistonsPGD'Angelo Russell, Lakers
CJahlil Okafor, 76ersPGEric Bledsoe, Suns
CJoel Embiid, RaptorsPFDraymond Green, Warriors

Dunk Contest Particpants
#NAMEPOSAGEHTWTTEAM
0Marquese ChrissPF206'10233Pacers
24Rondae Hollis-JeffersonSF236'7210Nets
23Mario HezonjaSG236'8215Magic
25Ben SimmonsSF216'10239Suns

Three Point Contest Participants
#NAMEPOSAGEHTWTSALARY
0Damian LillardPG276'3195Trail Blazers
13James HardenSG286'5220Rockets
3C.J. McCollumSG266'4200Trail Blazers
13Paul GeorgeSF276'9221Pacers
3Bradley BealSG246'5207Wizards
11Klay ThompsonSG286'7205Warriors

2018 Rising Stars Game Rosters
StarsElites
Head Coach:
Head Coach:
PosStartersPosStarters
PGLonzo Ball, RavensPGDe'Aaron Fox, Mavericks
SGMalik Monk, CelticsSGJamal Murray, Ravens
SFBen Simmons, SunsSFBrandon Ingram, Lakers
PFDario Saric, TimberwolvesPFMarquese Chriss, Pacers
CThon Maker, PelicansCAnzejs Pasecniks, Spurs
PosReservesPosReserves
PGMarkelle Fultz, HeatSGBuddy Hield, Pacers
SFJosh Jackson, StormSF Jayson Tatum, Wizards
SFMiles Bridges, GrizzliesPFJohn Collins, 76ers
PFLauri Markkanen, KingsSFJaylen Brown, 76ers
PGKay Felder, PacersSG Caris LeVert, Grizzlies
Old 07-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #67
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

March 2, 2018: Minnesota Game Recap

T-Wolves Picture.jpg
Russell Westbrook soars in for the acrobatic layup. Westbrook finished with a game high 36 points and 12 assists

Our first game after the All-Star break was against the #1 team in the Western Conference, the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Looking at their team, there's no wonder Minnesota is the best team in the West.

In case you forgot, in the summer before the 2015-16 season, the Minnesota Timberwolves signed free agent SG Dwayne Wade. Then, in this past off-season, they continued to bolster their post with the acquisition of Zach Randolph.

So you can see how talented this team is, here is a look at the Timberwolves Depth Chart:

Minnesota Timberwolves Depth Chart - 2017-18
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGKris Dunn (80)Tyus Jones (75)D.J. Augustin (74)T.J. McConnell (74)
SGDwayne Wade (82)Zach LaVine (77)
SFAndrew Wiggins (85)Maurice Harkless (73)
PFDario Saric (77)Zach Randolph (78)Nemanja Bjelica (74)
CKarl-Anthony Towns (93)Salah Mejri (73)

Now this was just an odd game. If you're a fan of fast-paced, high scoring basketball, you would have loved the first half.

Nashville scored 39 in the 1st Quarter, while Minnesota scored 36. Then, going into halftime, the Timberwolves led 73-64.

The 3rd Quarter started with no points for the first 4 minutes by either team. It was a complete 180 from what we saw in the extremely high scoring first half. Nashville scored 16 points in the 3rd Quarter while Minnesota scored 13 points. Nashville shot 28% from the floor while Minnesota shot 19% from the floor. Heading into the 4th Quarter, we trailed Minnesota by a score of 86-80.

We got off to a really fast start in the 4th Quarter... Yet again, another complete 180 from the Quarter before. But, I could tell Coach Stevens lit a fire in our guys. Just from the way they attacked that first possession I knew we were going to start a run.

And we definitely did. We started the Quarter out on a 12-0 run... All 12 points were either scored by Westbrook or set up by Westbrook on an assist. He would start to take over the game in the 4th Quarter.

With 4:03 left in the game it was a 1 point game... We led 102-101. Westbrook responded on our next possession by sinking an open jumper. Then Towns answered that with a dunk to keep it at a 1 point game.

Westbrook then drove to the hoop and posterized Dario Saric and was fouled in the process. As soon as Westbrook put Saric on the poster I knew we weren't going to lose this game. Westbrook sank his free throw and that put us up 107-103 with 3:27 left in the game.

After a D-Wade layup on the Timberwolves ensuing possession, we began to pull away.

First, Josh Jackson sank the corner 3. Then Russell Westbrook stole the ball from Kris Dunn, passed it forward to Dennis Smith who threw down the emphatic dunk to put us ahead, 112-105 with 2:57 left in the game.

Dunks by Valanciunas and Turner on back to back possessions put us up 116-107 with 1:33 left in the game. And with 57 seconds left, Josh Jackson drained another corner 3 to put the game out of reach.

We ended up outscoring the Timberwolves 45-27 in the 4th Quarter to win this game by a score of 125-113. We now had to fly back to Nashville from Minneapolis to take on the now healthy Golden State Warriors.

T-Wolves1.jpg

T-Wolves 2.jpg

T-Wolves3.jpg
Old 07-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #68
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

March 3, 2018: Golden State Game Recap

Warriors Picture.jpg
Jonas Valanciunas sinks this go ahead bucket with 18 seconds left in the game. But would Nashville be able to hold on for the win?

Following our tough win on the road vs. the Timberwolves our guys had a 2 hour flight back home before taking on the 3rd seed in the West, the Golden State Warriors.

Again, this was going to be another tough game. The Warriors were just getting Klay Thompson back from an injury. An early injury to Steph Curry and Thompson’s recent injury are the only reasons why the Warriors aren’t one of the top 2 seeds in the West. Once Thompson went down, the Warriors started a 3 week long slump as they went 1-8 just before the all-star break.

Just like we suspected, with Thompson back, the Warriors were extremely tough to deal with. When you play the Warriors, no lead is ever safe.

For the first half, both teams went back and forth. I’m not joking. Literally all half, the two teams pretty much traded baskets.

The 3rd Quarter was easily the most exciting quarter of basketball probably all year. Both teams were lights out from the floor. The Warriors shot 64% from the floor while we shot 71% from the floor. It was some of the best offensive basketball, by both teams, that I’ve seen.

Now, I’m just going to jump straight into the final 5-6 minutes of this game. This game would make for one of the better games that will be played this year.

With about 5:58 left in the game, we held a 97-88 lead. Remember when I said no lead is safe vs. the Warriors? This is why.

Golden State had just called a timeout because Dennis Smith had scored his game high 28th point to push the lead to 97-88. We had stopped them on 5 straight possessions and I could tell we let up a little bit coming out of the timeout. Right out of the timeout, Curry drains a 3. Westbrook gets blocked at the rim by Capella. The Warriors start a fast break, find Klay Thompson open in the corner for a 3. Just like that, it’s 97-94. After a shot by Myles Turner didn’t fall, the Warriors set up their offense and just before the shot clock expired, Curry banged home another 3. So within a minute and a half, they had completely erased a 9 point deficit.

On their following possession they took a lead as Curry made a jump shot. On our following possession Dennis Smith missed a 3, but Valanciunas got the offensive rebound. Valanciunas then passed the ball to Turner at the top of the key. Turner then passed the ball to Westbrook who was wide open in the corner and Westbrook drained the 3. We now had the 100-99 lead with 3:45 left in the game.

After trading baskets for the next two minutes, the Warriors then jumped out to a 110-106 lead with 1:42 left in the game. We weren’t going to go down without a fight though.

Russell Westbrook made a contested layup to bring the score to 110-108. On the Warriors next possession, Klay Thompson’s wide open 3 rimmed out. Valanciunas grabbed the board, passed the ball to Westbrook. Westbrook then passed the ball across the court to Josh Jackson who was wide open in the corner for the 3. Jackson swished the 3 with 45 seconds remaining and we took the 111-110 lead.

15 seconds later Klay Thompson drained a closely contested fade away jumper to give the Warriors the lead.

On our ensuing possession, Westbrook dribbled the ball at the top of the key before passing it into the post to Valanciunas. He had great position on Clint Capela. Valanciunas backed up Capela and made a turn-around hook shot to give us the lead with 18 seconds left.

Golden State called their final timeout as they found themselves trailing 113-112 with 18 seconds left in the game.

The Warriors called a play to free up Klay Thompson for an open shot. However, Josh Jackson got around the pick and denied the pass. Curry then passed it to Jeff Teague who took the final shot. Teague threw up a fade away, VERY tightly contested 3, which hit the rim and bounced off as time expired.

We kept fighting all game long and we were able to come away with the exciting 113-112 win over one of the better teams in the Western Conference.

Warriors1.jpg

Warriors2.jpg

Warriors3.jpg
Old 07-04-2017, 06:15 PM   #69
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Dennis Smith doing his own Warriors impression with 10 three point attempts!

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #70
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Dennis Smith doing his own Warriors impression with 10 three point attempts!
Yeah, I wasn't planning on taking 10 3's with him going into the game lol. But, we would run this play where Smith could get open for a 3 thanks to his quickness and great screens from Valanciunas... So, if Smith was open, I'd take the shot.

Thanks for the comment and for following along!
Old 07-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #71
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

Great stuff here man, keep it up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #72
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas FB Coach
Great stuff here man, keep it up!
Thanks! And thanks for following and for the comment!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »