Home

2k18 - 76ers "the process needs results"

This is a discussion on 2k18 - 76ers "the process needs results" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k18 - 76ers "the process needs results"

Great pick with Sexton! He is a joy to play with!
This Philly squad is going to be lethal the next few years ...
Old 11-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 23

great job so far man, love the story line

keep up the good work

psn - CeeGee
Old 11-27-2017, 10:36 PM   #59
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogo
Great pick with Sexton! He is a joy to play with!
This Philly squad is going to be lethal the next few years ...
I am going to look forward to my 2nd unit playing this year bc him and some others. I know you have had good success with Sexton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
great job so far man, love the story line

keep up the good work
Thanks for the nice words I am getting ready to tip off in the first game now. I’ll have the fa stuff up in the morning and be ready for the new season hopefully tomorrow also.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #60
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

2018 FA Recap

The 76ers have re signed J.J Reddick to a 1 year 9.45 million deal in a bit of a surprise after drafting Greyson Allen who has a similar skill set. This deal didn't get done till the last day of free agent and a big factor in that was that no other teams expected to make the playoffs had the cap space to sign him. This will mean that J.J will tutor Allen for a year before likely moving on in the off season. As we expected Robert Covington signed back for a 3 year deal worth 46.4 Million.

Mike Scott the veteran stretch PF has also been signed to a 1 year minimum deal. The 7'3 Walter Tavares has signed a 2 way deal. Mike will not likely be on the active roster unless a injury happens, but the front office has believed to be high on him. The signing of Scott makes 16 players on the roster so another move will have to be made before the season starts.

With so few teams having cap space it pretty much forced the star players hands to go back to the previous teams. It made for a quite offseason below are some of the big moves.

New Teams
Greg Monroe - 1 year deal to Lakers (10 mill)
Mike James - 1 year deal to Knicks (4 mill)
Bojan Bogdonvich - 2 year deal to Pelicans (11.02)
Nikolo Mirotic - 2 year deal to Nets (8.57)
Brook Lopez - 3 year deal to Suns (50.8)
KCP - 3 year deal to Pacers (69 mill)
Will Barton - 1 year deal to Mavs (8.9 mill)
Paul George - to Lakers (forgot to write down $)
Dante Exum - 1 year deal Pacers (4 million)
Alex Len - 2 year deal to Nets (8 million)

Re-signed
Tyrke Evans - 1 year to Grizzles (20.00 mill )
Seth Curry - 2 year deal to Mavs (7.42 mill)
Nerlens Noel - 2 year deal to Mavs (30.4 mill)
Marcus Smart - 3 year deal to Celtics (25.9 mill)
Carmelo Anthony - Thunder
Deandre Jordan - Clippers
Kevin Durant - Warriors

FA's Unsigned (wanting a crazy amount of $)
PG Wade Baldwin
PG Derrick Rose
SG Austin Rivers
PF Chris Bosh
Old 11-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #61
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0

What is the thought process in bringing JJ back? You have a younger clone in Allen, and I’m not sure you can ever play them at the same time. Curious section, hope it works.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 10:00 AM   #62
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
What is the thought process in bringing JJ back? You have a younger clone in Allen, and I’m not sure you can ever play them at the same time. Curious section, hope it works.

I was torn on if I should bring JJ back or just play the younger Allen. I liked the story of JJ’s veteran leadership returning to my team and I could also offer the most money except for some teams that he didn’t fit on like Kings and Pacers. I am going to move JJ to the bench this year so he won’t be starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #63
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Another Questionable Move for 76ers

With the resigning of JJ and then bringing in Mike Scott the 76ers had 16 guys on the roster so a trade had to be made. Its a move that seems to have the fan base split and we are anxious to hear your thoughts.

Jazz Thoughts
The Jazz drafted a SF with the 14th pick so Ingles became a player that wasn't really needed for a semi rebuilding team. Bayless upped his stock last year and can provide minutes at backup PG. He is here mostly to save $ from the last 2 years of Ingles contract. Furkan Kormaz wasn't going to see the court anytime soon in Philly and he is a nice prospect who can earn some minutes this year in Utah. With the $ saved on this deal the Jazz are trying to sign Austin Rivers, but so far isn't backing down on his contract demands

76ers Thoughts
Bayless who saw most of his minutes at SG didn't have a spot in the rotation with the addition of Sexton, Allen and J.J Redick. The big news here is taking on the contract of Ingles which is 13 million this year, but does go down a bit the next 2 years. There is no doubt what he brings to the table being a elite 3 & D guy. He is 6'8 so he can easily defend the 2, 3 or 4 and helps out one of the worst shooting teams in the NBA last year. Joe will be 31 when the season starts so that makes him older then the core of the young team. Since Bayless's contract was up this likely means the big picture goal is to go with the young guys and not bring on any big name FA's. Its going to be interesting to see how all of this shakes out and they 76ers are now loaded with depth at every position. He might also be able to help tutor / bond with Ben as both are from Australia.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ing trade.jpg (127.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg ingles 1.jpg (94.9 KB, 94 views)
Old 11-28-2017, 02:18 PM   #64
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Trade Alert

Bulls Take
It was the last day before rosters had to be trimmed to 15 and the Bulls had 16 guys under contract with nobody that deserved to be cut. This trade officially opens the way up for Robert Williams the 10th pick in the draft to start. Cristiano Felicio will also see more minutes and played very well last year when given the chance. Valentine even though he was a former 1st round pick was buried on the depth behind Levine, Mushidi and a few others. The contract for Mahinmi is only for 1 year longer then Lopez and they get rewarded with a 1st round pick while clearing playing time for younger players.

Wizards Take
After getting all the way to game 7 of the NBA finals the Wizards upgrade 2 bench spots and move Mahinmi's contract. The first round pick they traded will likely be in the 20 range. Lopez isn't the player he once was, but still a upgrade from what was currently on the roster. Valentine should also be able to see the court over Jody Meeks. Another thing this does is give the Wizards even more cap flexibility as Lopez is in the final year of his deal just like many others on the team.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trade 7.jpg (127.9 KB, 87 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »