Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:05 AM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Great Franchise, good read!
Old 05-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #410
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
Great Franchise, good read!
Thanks for following along
Old 05-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #411
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Trade Alert

Pistons Take 22-29 (9th seed)
Detroit has a exciting team with a young core and a few veterans like Drummond and Lowry. Drummond is having a monster year and Anthony might be the best young PG in the game. They are also without Kyrie Thomas for a 1-2 weeks who is a elite 3 & D player. Blake is in the final year of his massive deal and is expected to miss another 2 months. By the time he comes back the season could already be over.

They get Jarrett Allen to play the 4 which desperately fills their biggest need. He is under contract for 2 more years so this gives them insurance incase Drummond leaves in FA or his play declines. They also creates a big trade exception which could be key with them over the cap next year.

Nets Take (12-38 15th)
They make another trade similar to the Levert one as they trade a solid player and get a 1st round pick and don't have to take on any bad salary. This also opens the door up for some other players who wasn't getting many minutes. Your not going to win over the fans trading a 23 year old C that's produced however the players behind him have the potential to be just as good and you clear cap and get a 1st round pick. They are up to 20 million in cap space after this trade.

Spurs Take (18-30 - 13th)
They basically get a free 2nd round pick by taking in Blake into their cap space. He is hurt so it wont hurt their tank job. Their is a chance he returns before the year is out and if he plays well they have his bird rights. They still have 7 million in cap space.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #412
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Trade Alert

Kings Take 25-24 (9th seed)
They had 3 basically identical backup PG's between the ages of 20-22 backing up Fox. They also drafted a SF in the 1st round this past draft who has yet to even see the floor. From the player side of things they wont even realize those players are gone.

They upgrade the backup PG spot behind fox and have the cap space to sign him to a 3 year deal before he even hits the open market. They haven't made the playoffs in over a decade and currently sit tied for 8th place. They get a huge upgrade for the bench and were able to keep their 1st round pick.

Nets Take (12-38 15th)
Dinwiddie is worth a 1st round pick however his contract is up after this year and very few teams around the league even need a backup PG much less a starting one. In the end they get a early 2nd round pick, two young players and another future 2nd.

Tre Jones hasn't had the chance to play much and profiles as a good backup to Russell and his only 22. Luke Samanic is a intriguing player as a 6'10 SF. The problem is he doesn't have a elite skill and the Nets are beyond loaded at SF. The 2nd round pick they get is San Antonio's and it should be one of the top 10 picks in the 2nd round. Its nothing flashy since Dinwiddie might have been gone this offseason. They did well getting 4 smaller assets which can be used if they want to trade up in the draft this summer.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #413
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Trade Alert

Trailblazers Take 27-24 (6th seed)
Portland just about had a deal in place for Spencer Dinwiddie until Sacramento came in at the last minute with a better offer. The very next day after not landing Spencer star PG Anfernee Simons went down with a high ankle sprain and will miss 4 to 6 weeks. Its a devasting injury as they are currently the 6th seed and Simons was a potential all star. To make things worse the Kings are now projected to take their playoff spot.

They trade a 2nd round pick for Kris Dunn a defense minded veteran PG. They still have the 11 million $ expiring contract of Normal Powel to dangle in another trade. This team badly needs defense so they are hoping he can keep them in the playoff race for till Anfernee comes back.

Bulls Take (20-26 9th)
They still have a chance to make the playoffs, but Dunn wasn't in the rotation any longer. They get a 2nd round pick for a guy who wasn't seeing any playing time.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:24 PM   #414
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Damn man these trades are on point! Do you make them all or are they something CPU comes up with on their own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #415
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Damn man these trades are on point! Do you make them all or are they something CPU comes up with on their own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, I come up with all the trades on my own and I spend more time figuring out trades then I do about anything as I really enjoy that. Here are the simple rules I follow since I control the moves for all teams

1. Would I make this trade if I was the playing with this team

2. Does it make sense in the short term ?

3. Does it make sense in the long term ?

4. Can I find a cheaper alternative (for the team getting the better player) ?

quick update
I started a mini vacation today (Nashville) and when I get back I’ll have a long weekend so I won’t have any updates till Tuesday since I only update this at work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2019, 11:26 AM   #416
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Trade Alert

Thunder Take 20-31 (13th seed)
They trade two veterans with low 80's grades and only get a future 2nd round pick in return ? The main reason for this is their 1st round pick owed to Atlanta is lottery protected and it turns into two 2nds if its not conveyed this year. The players they traded are well over 30 years old and don't have a future with OKC and are also niche players. This should almost lock in Atlanta not getting their 1st round pick.

Warriors Take (28-25 8th)
It looked like they was done with trades after bringing in Valanciunas a few weeks ago. Then Valanciunas almost immediately got hurt and is still out another 4-6 weeks while Kevin Durant is also out 2-4 weeks.

They players they brought in are both flawed Dedmon is a liability on offense and Dragic on defense. That's why they only had to give up a 2nd round pick for both of them. Bobon was starting at C so Dedmon will hold the fort down in the starting lineup until KD comes back. Quinn Cook wasn't doing anything special as the backup 1 so Dragic will take over that spot. They are both really only need to be playing about 10 minutes a game. This strengths the bench with two veterans for a team that's still yet to make their run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »