Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #425
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Musa Breaks Right Toe

Well that didn't go as planned as Musa was traded for largely because Whitney got hurt. Musa broke his right toe and will be out 4 to 6 weeks. Its expected that Musa will miss the last several weeks of the regular season as well as the first round of the playoffs. Atlanta's seeding and home court advantage is still on the line so this will only hurt their odds. Since he is a FA at the end of the year Atlanta now may have to pay him with very little sample size. Below you will see what the new rotation looks like with Zion likely playing more 3.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #426
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Hawks Quick Notes 3-29-2022

Still Alive for 1st seed
With 10 games to go Atlanta is 1 game back for the 1st seed behind Philly. New York is also alive as they are 1.5 games behind the 1st seed. Atlanta has 1 game vs Philly and 2 vs New York so those games likely will decide the top 3 seeds.

Spoiler

Whitney & Musa will return around the same time
Musa and Whitney both are expected to miss another 4 to 6 weeks. This should put both players around the same time somewhere around the 2nd round of the playoffs. Its going to be very interesting figuring out the rotation when everyone is healthy.

Spoiler

Spellman joins rotation
Omari will join the rotation for a handful of minutes for the rest of the regular season. He has been in and out of the rotation the last few years. He is rotation level player that can shoot from 3, rebound and defend. He will be a FA this summer and is expected to be back on a reasonable contract.

Spoiler

Hunter not 100%
He is playing with a lower back bruise and will be less then 100% for the next week or two. Huerter will pick up a few more minutes during this time.

Spoiler

3rd in Points In Paint
Despite all the 3 point shooters on this team Atlanta is actually 3rd in the league in points in the paint,

Spoiler
Old 06-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #427
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Man, the injury gods are not being kind to you or the Warriors! I like that trade for Musa -- it was the type of move I could see the team making (though, I think, that ultimately Musa will end up being a precursor to a much bigger trade), but ATL still is in great shape heading into the playoffs -- by far the most talented team on paper, just finding the right combo is going to be tough.

I just hope you guys don't see the Lakers in the Finals -- LeBron seems 100% on fire and the Lakers are playing crazy good.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #428
Rookie

OVR: 0

Still enjoying this one, keep it up!
Old 06-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #429
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Man, the injury gods are not being kind to you or the Warriors! I like that trade for Musa -- it was the type of move I could see the team making (though, I think, that ultimately Musa will end up being a precursor to a much bigger trade), but ATL still is in great shape heading into the playoffs -- by far the most talented team on paper, just finding the right combo is going to be tough.

I just hope you guys don't see the Lakers in the Finals -- LeBron seems 100% on fire and the Lakers are playing crazy good.
I did bump up the injury sliders a bit this year as I thought they was a little low and it’s been more realistic. It sucks though as I didn’t get much playing time with Musa at all. I’m gonna post my generic thoughts on a bigger trade tomorrow on my update. In the past I’ve played well with spellman so he can get my by the 1st round.

Man the lakers are on fire this year they have 69 wins with 5 games to go so a great chance to beat the all time record. I am rooting for them to make the finals as it would be Fun to play them but I would prob lose. They had a 21 game win streak not sure what it got to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
Still enjoying this one, keep it up!
Thanks means a lot I’m going to post a update about what the general plan is for the future in the morning when I get to work. I’m still enjoying it
Old 06-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #430
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Random Ramblings

I had planned on finishing up the regular season last Thursday then I fell asleep early. I then got busy this weekend and wasn't able to play. So no updates today and Ill have the end of regular season stuff tomorrow.

I have thought about streaming the playoff games on twitch so if that sounds neat to you know let me know and I'll post my twitch name.

Since I am running behind I wont have much of a 1st round preview except for maybe something quick. I'll post more in depth ones the 2nd round.

What I do in the offseason comes down to if I win a title this year. If I do then I don't see me realistically being able to make a big move. If I don't that opens the door up for me to package some pieces together for a star I thought about someone like KAT.

I'm anxious to see what kind of progress Ball makes this summer. This late in the game I don't want to trade him for a future draft picks or another young player. It also isn't realistic for him to just be backup barley getting any playing time. I still think my ability's are better with Ball or Murray as the PG then they are with Young. Like I said I just cant trade Trae if he wins a title. Trae does bail me out a ton with his shooting the problem is that I cant really score with him outside of 3's.

I always take a 2 or 3 months break from 2k around the time FA starts. This gives me time to catch up on other games and helps the anticipation of the next game. That's still my plan so in my head I will play 1 more season after the playoffs end.

In the offseason I typically take about a week of real time to map everything out and I am not going to do that this year. The desire just isn't there so I'll make sure the elite FA's sign at the right places and just sim the rest. If anything is crazy wrong I'll fix it afterwards. I am a little worried though as lots of the bad teams will have cap space so I may just go ahead and have them fill those up with lower tier guys before I sim. I'll mostly let the CPU draft this year and I'll just handle any possible trades and top few picks.

Atlanta doesn't have any draft picks and all my cap space will be resigning people so its going to be a easy offseason from that side of things.

The last thing is I am likely going to get the show when it goes on sale next week. I haven't played it in about 9 years. If I do end up getting it then I'm pretty much just buying it to do Road To The Show with a closer. This will allow me to quickly play games and realistically be able to play through a guys career. I have thought about the possibility of posting that on here after 2k ends. If that's something that sounds like you would enjoy following let me know.

Thanks to everyone for following along and the near 30,000 views
Old 06-04-2019, 10:15 AM   #431
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

2022 Award Winners

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2019, 03:25 PM   #432
All Star

georgiafan's Arena