Home

The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2020, 12:59 AM   #73
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: January 17, 2020 Northern Colorado at Eastern Washington [Big Sky]

Great as usual! 74 percent from the field, insane. Keep it up stud!
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
Old 03-27-2020, 01:10 AM   #74
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: January 17, 2020 Northern Colorado at Eastern Washington [Big Sky]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
Great as usual! 74 percent from the field, insane. Keep it up stud!

Yeah, when 58/76 points are in the paint or from the free throw line, you're gonna have a high shooting percentage

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:26 AM   #75
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

Pound it into the Paint!! If it's working keep doing it!Great W!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #76
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Re: The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

Love that FG%, that's some highly efficient play. Bodes well for the future.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #77
MVP

studbucket's Arena

January 19, 2020 St Francis vs Robert Morris [NEC]

The Red Flash are coming off an easy win over Mount St. Mary’s, 89-66, and invite Robert Morris to their gym, hopefully for St. Francis to get revenge against their rough loss against the Colonials the previous month. Dinko’s team is sitting at 3-3 in the conference, smack dab in the middle of the standings.

Robert Morris is only 8-11 overall, but is sitting at 3-2 in the conference. Talented shooting guard Galen Attaway is only averaging 9 points per game, but senior Will Frandsen is averaging 14 a game for the Colonials.

The realities of the college season were setting in for both Kostadin and Ognyan, and Dinko called his brother to get any tips or suggestions on playing Robert Morris. Oggy wouldn’t give his brother any tips for the first game, but after the rough loss, he softened up a bit and provided some small tips for exploiting weaknesses in Robert Morris’s gameplan, including his #1 tip – attack the basket and feed the post.

The Red Flash came out playing much more crisply than the last time these two teams played. However, the Colonials kept it close through PG Adam Norman, who scored 7 of their first 9 points.

However, even hot Norman couldn’t keep St. Francis from pulling away as team basketball got Dinko’s boys out to a 21-14 lead. Robert Morris brought it back to within 2 points before Dinko put his starters back in the game and Zygis Keita took over the game. The Junior big man was an absolute monster on the offensive glass, grabbing rebound after rebound and leading his team to a 10 point halftime lead. Keita had 15 points and 6 rebounds, nearly all of which were on the offensive end.

Keita was a beast and the Red Flash had fun all night.

In the second half, the great teamwork continued as the Red Flash controlled the game and pulled away, coasting to a 74-53 victory, including a remarkable 48 points in the paint.

Zygis Keita had his best game of the season with 25 and 11, while Roberson and Tyler went 6-10 from three and combined for 27 points.

Around the NCAA

Old 03-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #78
MVP

studbucket's Arena

January 26, 2020 Northern Colorado vs Montana [Big Sky]

Since their victory over Eastern Washington, the Bears lost to Big Sky powerhouse Portland State on the road, but then rebounded with a 25 point victory over Montana State. Brandon Stiles had 11 points and 13 assists, and Donovin Mascoll added 24 points. The victory brought them to 4-3 in the conference (good for 3rd place) and 10-11 overall. A win tonight against the Montana Grizzlies would keep them in 3rd place and get them to .500 overall.

The Grizzlies are doing better than their in-state rivals, sitting at 3-3 in the conference and in 5th place. They are a talented offensive team, led by two seniors: PG Andrae Bailey and PF Jason Clemmons. They also have a good 6’9” Junior PF in Dereke Marshall, giving them one of the best frontcourts that the Bears will see all season. Can Mascoll assert his authority? Can the undersized Swanson hold up against the bigger guys the Grizzlies have?

Get ready for the first iteration of this season’s “battle of the bears.”

Both team showed up to play tonight, and it was evident early in the game as they went back and forth. The only difference in score was that UNC was getting their shots to fall, but both teams were getting good looks. The game broke open a bit about halfway through as Branden Stiles stole the ball, got a basket and the foul, and then Randy Alvarez got some offensive rebounds and putbacks. Montana called a timeout down 21-10.

The Grizzlies settled down a bit after that, but couldn’t catch back up and found themselves down 44-32 at halftime. Donovin Mascoll had 14 points and Delvon Jahnke closed out the half with three straight 3 pointers for the Bears.

Montana came out in the second half on a mission and quickly cut the lead to 7. From there, the Grizzlies slowly whittled down the lead until they took a 2-point lead with 4 minutes left in the game. After a timeout, Oggy got his boys focused and they quickly reclaimed the lead thanks to a couple trips to the free throw line. After that it went back and forth until UNC started to take control. After a Jahnke three, Montana threw it out of bounds and then Brandon North nailed a corner three and Northern Colorado were up 6 with 2:30 left.

Unfortunately, that 6 minute lead would be the last time UNC played well. Montana clawed their way back and took an 80-78 lead after Donovin Mascoll missed a bunny and they scored on the other end.

With 30 seconds left, Northern Colorado had the last shot, but Jahnke took a deep three that clanged off the back of the rim and Mascoll couldn’t get the shot off in time after the offensive rebound.

It was a heartbreaking loss for the home team. They were in control during the first half, and certainly should have won when they were up 6 with just a few minutes left.

The Bears even got Dereke Marshall to foul out, but allowing 48 points in a half was unacceptable and Coach Dragomirov certainly has a lot to think about and focus on for next game. Energy, effort, focus, and hustle was never a problem for him, so it killed him to see the lapses in concentration and defensive effort from his team.

Around the NCAA
  • Coach Kostadin and St. Francis have played 2 games since their win over Robert Morris, but both were losses: 74-59 to the (fake) St. Francis team in New York and 65-58 to NEC powerhouse Central Connecticut.
  • Dana Bright scored 82 points in 2 games this week for the Spartans as the projected lottery pick led UNC Greensboro to two victories. The undersized PF may be a steal for a team if he can live up to the Draymond Green comparisons.
  • Louisville is #1 in the country at 20-0. Rounding out top 5 is North Carolina, Oregon, Washington State, and Marquette.

Around the NBA
  • The Orlando Magic have decided to take a flier and grab disgruntled Carmelo Anthony from the Trail Blazers. Melo is on a 1 year cheap deal and the Magic wanted an upgrade over Al-Fariq Aminu at the starting PF spot. Currently fighting for a top three spot in the East, Orlando wanted to make an impactful move. They gave up Michael Carter-Williams and a 2022 second round pick to get him.
  • The Denver Nuggets beat Houston twice in a week, relatively easily both times. The Nuggets are solidly in 4th place out West while the Rockets find themselves outside of the playoff picture, along with San Antonio and Golden State.
  • However, the Nuggets ran into a buzzsaw when they traveled to Milwaukee. Despite being up 20 points in the second quarter, they couldn’t hold on as Giannis Antetokounmpo scored a career high 61 points and added 20 rebounds. (note, I played as Milwaukee in this game. It was so much fun to be up 10, then down 20, then up 16. Very up and down)

I play parts of games in NBA 2K20 to stay connected to the NBA season, and I loved this Jokic alley oop pass.

Last edited by studbucket; 05-09-2021 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #79
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Re: January 26, 2020 Northern Colorado vs Montana [Big Sky]

Ouch, close loss to the Grizzlies -- UNC almost had that one and by many measures shouldn't have been in that game at all (at least going by the ratings on paper). Oggy's got some tweaking to do, but overall his team played a hell of a game and lost just barely.

The oop animations are so much fun in this year's 2K, I find myself throwing more lobs than ever just to see what gets pulled out. Giannis and the Bucks are a TERROR, good god the man is just a position-less monster -- I fear the deer, they put a hurting on me recently and it was both a disappointing, acceptable, and a fun loss all rolled into one.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #80
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Re: January 26, 2020 Northern Colorado vs Montana [Big Sky]

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Ouch, close loss to the Grizzlies -- UNC almost had that one and by many measures shouldn't have been in that game at all (at least going by the ratings on paper). Oggy's got some tweaking to do, but overall his team played a hell of a game and lost just barely.

The oop animations are so much fun in this year's 2K, I find myself throwing more lobs than ever just to see what gets pulled out. Giannis and the Bucks are a TERROR, good god the man is just a position-less monster -- I fear the deer, they put a hurting on me recently and it was both a disappointing, acceptable, and a fun loss all rolled into one.

Yeah, it was a tough one. They played better than their opponents for much of the game, but couldn't get a stop when needed. It's too bad, because a win would have given them a pretty decent spot of finishing in the top 3-4 in the conference, and now they have an uphill battle to get i the top half of the conference tourney.

Yeah, I felt like I had entered cheat codes when playing as the Bucks. Wow!

Last edited by studbucket; 03-30-2020 at 11:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »