Home

The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2020, 12:00 PM   #137
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Conference Tournament Recap

The Selection Show airs in just a few hours and all conference tournaments have been wrapped up. Let’s take a look at how the NEC, Big Sky, and major conference tournaments turned out.

Northeast Conference
After their last second victory over the Red Flash, Dinko watched Robert Morris easily defeat Monmouth and Fairleigh Dickinson on their way to a conference title and NCAA tournament berth. Seeing them win had to be a tough pill for him to swallow, as his team had that game in hand and could have defeated Monmouth and Fairleigh Dickinson.

Oggy was sad for his brother, but thrilled to see the Colonials finally make the tourney again.

Big Sky Conference
We’ve seen this story play out already, but it’s worth re-hashing what happened. Northern Colorado knocked off the #5, #1, and #2 teams in the Big Sky to win the conference tournament. His players probably only have 1 game left, but they can be very proud of what they’ve accomplished.

Major Conferences
ACC – #8 Duke Blue Devils
Duke beat #25 Georgia Tech, Virginia, and #6 Clemson (regular season champions) on their way to winning the tournament. #4 North Carolina made it to the semifinals before falling to Clemson.

Big East – Syracuse Orange
After finishing in 6th place and just above .500 in conference play Syracuse managed to upset #2 Louisville and #7 Georgetown before defeating Seton Hall in the championship game.

It was a very disappointing tournament for Louisville, who have gone 6-6 after starting the season 20-0. Regular season champion UConn lost to Seton Hall by 15 points in their first game, while #10 Marquette lost to #13 Pittsburgh in their first.

Big 10 – #9 Indiana Hoosiers
Indiana won both the regular season and post-season conference championship for the Big 10, and come into March Madness with swagger and momentum. They defeated #12 Michigan State in the championship game.

Big 12 – #3 Kansas Jayhawks
KU won both Big 12 titles, with Baylor being the runner up in both cases. No other teams in the Big 12 were even ranked, so this sort of seemed like a foregone conclusion.

Pac 10 – #17 Stanford Cardinal
The Stanford Cardinal defeated #15 Arizona in the Pac 10 championship game, dispatching Arizona State and #10 Oregon along the way as well.

SEC – #19 Kentucky Wildcats
The Wildcats also “did the double”, getting both championships for the SEC after defeating Arkansas 87-69 in the championship game. The tournament, just like the third place regular season finish, was disappointing for #16 Tennessee as they lost in their first game to Arkansas. The Volunteers are chock full of NBA talent, but haven’t been able to perform this year.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #138
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Conference Tournament Recap

Wow, what a run for Oggy and his team! That one-point squeaker was too close, man, too damn close, but you guys absolutely STOMPED the Vikings in the conference tourney. Whatever team you face, I got on upset alert -- momentum is tilting heavy Oggy's way.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:56 PM   #139
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Re: Conference Tournament Recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Wow, what a run for Oggy and his team! That one-point squeaker was too close, man, too damn close, but you guys absolutely STOMPED the Vikings in the conference tourney. Whatever team you face, I got on upset alert -- momentum is tilting heavy Oggy's way.

Yeah, the tourney run really had everything and showed all sides of this team. Getting the 30 point win over PSU was huge given how the regular season went.

In regards to the NCAA tourney, wait 'til you see the draw *gulp*

Old 04-13-2020, 01:03 PM   #140
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Re: The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

I had a feeling at least one of the brothers would see the tourney in their first year. Was rooting for both but I think I might be in the Oggy fan club.

Hopefully, you're not a sixteen seed.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:18 PM   #141
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
I had a feeling at least one of the brothers would see the tourney in their first year. Was rooting for both but I think I might be in the Oggy fan club.

Hopefully, you're not a sixteen seed.

I had never thought of readers choosing a "preferred brother" and cheering for them. You've given me something to think on, to see if there's more I can do here: more stories, interactive questions, bringing out more about their personality or motivations. I have a set of principals for them that drive their career decisions (very different) and we'll see how that impacts their career.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2020, 05:11 PM   #142
MVP

studbucket's Arena

2020 Selection Sunday

Anticipation has been building and fans have their pencils ready. What will the matchups be?

Memphis is the top overall seed and has been #1 in the country for the last month. The other three #1 seeds are #5 UConn, #2 Louisville, and #10 Oregon. The selection committee was widely criticized for those last three #1 seeds, as none of them won their conference tournaments and Oregon was #10 in the country. It’s baffling, and teams like #3 Kansas or #8 Duke have to be wondering why they weren’t considered.

Teams with rightful grievances include #4 North Carolina, who received a 4 seed and #3 Kansas who got a 2 seed.

The East bracket looks like a beast, with Memphis, Kansas, Marquette, and Michigan State as the top 4 seeds. Unfortunately for Oggy, that’s where his first NCAA tournament game is, as a 15 seed vs Kansas.

Top NBA prospect Ernesto Parkinson, projected lottery pick Freie Holt, senior PG Arthur Acker, and a slew of other talented players await Oggy, who will do well if he can score 60 points and keep the game within 20.

Amongst the major conferences, it was a down year for the Big 10 and ACC, while the Atlantic 10 and Mountain West Conferences managed to each get 4 tourney berths. In the Pac 10, 8 of the 10 teams made it, with only USC and Oregon State missing out.

Of the top NBA prospects, several will be sitting at home, which can’t help their draft stock.
  • Trevor Merchant, PG, Mississippi State –Merchant looks like a top 3 pick in the upcoming draft, and will get a chance to “shine” in the NIT.
  • Stephen Bathie, C, Nebraska – the big man never had much of a chance of getting in on a bad Cornhuskers team, but probably should have been able to lead the Huskers to a better than last place record. He did manage to score over 22 points a game and add 7.6 rebounds.
  • Robby Laudato, PG, Virginia – Laudato, who has seen his stock falling lately, will do his best to leave a mark in the NIT, though he’s been hampered by a broken finger.
  • Dana Bright, PF, UNC Greensboro – Bright wasn’t able to make the dance, but will also bring his undersized tenacity to the NIT to attempt to impress against bigger competition and rise up the draft.
  • Raitis Engle, SF, Texas Tech – The athletic SF couldn’t bring the Red Raiders to the tournament this year, but did well, scoring 19 points a game on 50% shooting.
  • Zachary Hunt, SG, Colorado – The well-rounded 2 guard is known for being clutch, but had limited opportunities this season. We’ll see what he can do in the NIT.
  • Gilson Mulholland, PG, New Orleans – The under-sized slashing guard dominated the Sun Belt conference, scoring 25 points and grabbing 7 rebounds a game (at just 6 feet tall), but couldn’t lead them to the post-season.
  • Marquis Huffman, PG, Boston College – An injury derailed Huffman’s season, and even though he played 30 games, he was not the player many expected him to be. He led the Golden Eagles with 11 points and 6 assists per game.
  • Brandin Eaton, PG, Ohio State – Brandin Eaton was fine this season, but the Buckeyes greatly underperformed.
  • Zakee Roberson, PF, Rider – Rider competed in the Metro Atlantic, but did not get to play further into March. Zakee Roberson used his size effectively to score in that conference, but projects to be more of a defensive force in the NBA.

Last edited by studbucket; 06-19-2021 at 01:58 AM.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #143
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

Re: 2020 Selection Sunday

Wow I LOVED that Selection Sunday show. Now I understand why you all say CH2K8 was incredible.
Rolling Thunder (1977), Tigers Are Not Afraid (2017), Crime Story (1993) ×
Old 04-14-2020, 06:56 AM   #144
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19

College Hoops rules!! That was so impressive! Love your layout and last post! Tough game for N.Colorado but what an impressive tourney win!!The suspense waiting on your team to be called was fantastic!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »