Home

The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #233
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

Yess!! looking forward to another season!
Old 05-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #234
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

OVR: 0

Hell yes, great to see the Brothers back!

Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
Old 05-03-2021, 11:31 PM   #235
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
ITS BACK!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJH4
Yess!! looking forward to another season!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
Hell yes, great to see the Brothers back!

You all are awesome, thank you. I thought I might just slip under the radar.

Life has been way busy for me the last year, and the little time I've had for video games has been often used playing WoW with my wife or kids. Finally decided to start carving out time for this again. I love it. I'll probably be slow rolling things out, but hopefully not 8-months-off slow

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2021, 05:04 PM   #236
MVP

studbucket's Arena

The Inside Scoop – December 2020

The Inside Scoop is based on TheDominator273's awesome spreadsheet to add random events to your MyLeague.

As we’re into the 2nd month of the NBA season, we’ve started to see some players step up and improve their game, which may change what these teams do as we head toward the trade deadline.

T.J. Warren is a sharpshooter
T.J. Warren has been good for several years now, but he has really stepped up his outside shooting this season, becoming a dangerous weapon for the Pacers.

Londrick Helms shows defensive wisdom
The Celtics didn’t have high hopes for the 30th overall pick out of Wisconsin, but were hoping that the 6’11 rookie could grow into something good for them. One thing they didn’t expect was the lateral quickness he showed, effectively guarding people smaller than him. With his good three point shooting and length, he may be an asset for the future.

Old 05-12-2021, 08:59 AM   #237
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0

Great to have this back, nice win over Bobby Mo in your return!
Old 05-12-2021, 02:34 PM   #238
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Great to have this back, nice win over Bobby Mo in your return!
Ha, it took me a second as I was like "who in the world is Bobby Mo? Did I give someone a nickname?"

Not being from Pittsburgh myself, is that something people call Robert Morris University?

Old 05-15-2021, 04:10 PM   #239
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Big Sky & NEC Preview

There have been a handful of conference games so far, but those have been outliers. It’s today that conference play begins in earnest, with almost every single game played from here on out taking place between teams in the same conference. While St. Francis were expected to be respectable, Northern Colorado is expected to be awful, having lost a lot of production from graduation and replacing it with the streaky freshman Taron Guy.

With 12 games played, how are the projections holding up?

Standings
Once again, both brothers find themselves in 4th place heading into conference play. Though 4th in the NEC is much better than the moribund Big Sky, which is hurting after losing a lot of talent this last year. The Red Flash are about where we expect them to be, but the Bears are doing great. Expected to be cellar dwellers, anything near the middle of the pack will be great for them.

Northeast Conference
School
Wins
Losses
%
Quinnipiac
Fairleigh Dickinson
Wagner
St. Francis (PA)
Mount St. Mary’s
Central Connecticut
Monmouth
Long Island
Robert Morris
Sacred Heart
St. Francis (NY)

Big Sky
School
Wins
Losses
%
Northern Arizona
Weber State
Idaho State
Northern Colorado
Montana
Sacramento State
Montana State
Eastern Washington
Portland State

Leaders
With Maarty Pinkalla graduated, the scoring crown is available for the taking in the Big Sky, and Leon McDaniel has stepped up to lead Sacramento State. Brandon North of Northern Colorado is just behind him at 16.8 ppg. St. Francis won’t be leading the NEC in scoring, but they have a 3-way tie for their leading scorer, with Muhamed Payne, Tobias Roberson, and Casey Tyler all averaging 11.1 ppg.

Oggy and the Bears don’t have anyone leading the Big Sky, but Dinko has 2 things to be proud of:
  • The Red Flash are tops in the NEC with 12.9 assists per game.
  • Muhamed Payne leading conf in rebounds (8.5) as an undersized 4.

Category
Northeast
Big Sky
Best offense (PPG)
Quinnipiac (73.3)
Northern Arizona (73.2)
Best defense (PPG)
Central Connecticut (66.1)
Idaho State (66.8)
Best differential
Quinnipiac (3.5)
Sacramento State (1.2)
Rebounds per game
Wagner (31.8)
Sacramento State (32.7)
Assists per game
St. Francis PA (12.9)
Northern Arizona (15.6)

Category
Northeast
Big Sky
Scoring
Perry Lamkin, PG, FDU (16.7)
Leon McDaniel, SG, CSUS (17.8)
Rebounds
Muhamed Payne, SF, SFPA (8.5)
Laurie Galloway, C, NAU (9.9)
Assists
Bracey Alvarado, PG, MSM (4.9)
Karl Lloyd, PG, NAU (4.9)
Steals
Pierre Carbaugh, SF, WAG (2.2)
R. Watkins, PG, PRST (2.0)
Blocks
Tamsir Grady, C, MSM (2.2)
Archie Moran, PF, EWU (1.9)
FG%
Luol Bigby, SF, SH (63.8%)
Deno Fuller, C, CSUS (65.0%)
3P%
Cyrus Callans, PG, RMU (53.3%)
Wil Darag, SG, IDST (60.0%)

Old 05-21-2021, 12:16 AM   #240
MVP

studbucket's Arena

January 1, 2021 St. Francis at Fairleigh Dickinson [NEC]

It’s the first day of a new year, and the Red Flash are sitting at 7-7, which is a pretty good spot for them as conference play kicks off in earnest. Over the Christmas break they went 1-1, beating Holy Cross behind Muhamed Payne’s 24 points, and lost a nail-biter to Penn that saw them up 7 at half, but ultimately losing by 2. Coach Dinko will want more from Tobias Roberson this game, as he’s gone 2-10 from deep the last two games. Sharpshooter Casey Tyler is day-to-day with a quad strain, but should suit up.

Fairleigh Dickinson looks tough this year. They were average last regular season but won the conference tourney and have reigning NEC Freshman of the Year Toree Arnold (7.6 ppg). However, Senior PG Perry Lamkin (16.7 ppg) is far more of a concern for Kostadin and team, as well as the outside shooting of Rich Meyers and Kevis Duggins. FDU is 8-6 and will be looking to improve upon that at home.

The first half was very tight as the teams traded buckets early on. The Red Flash’s efforts to get the ball down low were thwarted by the much strong FDU, not allowing Keita to have any impact. St. Francis couldn’t make any deep shots, but were holding the Knights to tough shots as well. With just a few minutes left in the first half, the game was 18-17.

And then it all fell apart. In the last 2-3 minutes of the first half and the first 2-3 of the second, St. Francis completely fell apart and found themselves down 40-23. The Knights were hitting all their outside shots, and St. Francis left them open regularly. Star point guard Perry Lamkin had an off shooting night (1-9 from three), but he had 11 assists as he regularly found his wing players for open looks.

In the second half, Muhamed Payne got to the basket regularly for buckets, but it didn’t mean much as his team couldn’t stop anyone and nobody else was regularly scoring. In the end, the 71-60 score was flattering, as they were roundly outclassed for most of the night.

FDU’s freshman small forward Daymond Salazar was their MVP, going 6-6 from the field and 3-3 from the line to finish with 18 points. He’s going to be a problem for years to come.

Around the NCAA
  • Top-ranked Memphis is no longer undefeated as they fell to lowly (4-6) Winthrop by a score of 64-56.
  • That leaves us with 4 remaining undefeated teams: #2 Michigan State (12-0), #4 Villanova (11-0), #5 Tennessee (11-0), #12 Georgia (9-0).

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »