Home

Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is a discussion on Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2022, 01:17 PM   #41
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 01:23 PM   #42
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:24 PM   #43
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:25 PM   #44
MVP

infamyice's Arena

BLU VS CANADA: ROUND 2

"There you go girl! That's what I'm talking about!" "That's what we want to see!" "Hell of a shooting night Khyri, you did your thing!" Several of the Storm members congratulated Khyri on her biggest night to date. It seemed like a trend of late, just one big game after another. "Thanks girls, you know I can't do it without y'all!" "Ain't that the truth!" The bunch of them let out a laugh.

"Hey Blu, talk to you for a sec?" "Sure Coach." Khyri followed Coach Hemphill outside the locker room to talk. "Hey, you had a good night, you did well." "Thanks Coach, we needed someone to step up and I just saw the opportunity to prove I belong here." "You proved more than enough. Enough to get a promotion." "What? Really?" "Yep. Starting next game, I want you as the sixth woman."

"Are you serious??" As Jordin Canada overheard, she injected herself into the conversation. "Sixth woman? Coach, that's me! I'm your sixth woman!" "I'm aware Jordin, but I'm changing things up a bit. The way Blu has been performing, it's her due she's owed." "This rookie isn't owed anything. If anything, she's owed a bus ticket back to where she came from-" "That's enough out of you Canada!! It's my decision, and that's final. Now get changed before I take minutes off you as well." Coach Hemphill was not to be messed with. As respectable she is for a 30 year old head coach, her delivery was stern to warrant command. Just as Canada retreated back into the locker room, she shotted a cold stare to Khyri, Khyri responded unflinched.
"Coach, I don't know what's gotten into her. Ever since I got here, she's been riding me to this day." "Yeah, Sue told me about it. That girl just has a chip on her shoulder. But I can't go around making excuses for her. She's great, she's good with the public and media when the spotlight is on her, and possibly our next starting point guard after Sue, but she's a rowdy one." "Basically, it's an all-or-nothing situation with her" "Hit the nail on the head Blu." "Well, where I'm from, be it teammate or opponent, I'm very competitive. I play to win. And if there's something to be earned, like the starting position, the face of the franchise, then I want in. I won't step on necks around here, but I will push others competitively to be better, with me and for us." Coach Hemphill exposed her smug smile, "well said rookie. Keep that kind of mindset, I may change my plans for Jordin and go with you. You got a lot of upside." "So does Canada coach, she show flashes of getting her own shot. It's just her personality, she can be a total diva." "Yeah, but don't worry about it. Just focus on being the best you. You got the green light to take more shots. You see it, take it. Don't worry about the others, we'll work their role on a night to night basis, so congratulations new sixth woman." Khyri pulled out the big, big smile, with her eyes dancing about from hearing herself be called the sixth woman. "Thanks coach, you won't regret this!"

Just as Khyri was about to go to the back inside the locker room, one of the broadcast rep pulled Khyri for her first WNBA post-game interview. It was a big night after all, making history the way she did...
Elsewhere, back in Fresno. Recks has been working his tail off getting his knee back in shape. With extensive therapy, things were coming along nicely for him, even advancing his recovery ahead of schedule. Even so, Recks still saw no future in going trying to go pro. So much, he got him-self a desk job at his father's company. But working the white collar job wasn't ideal for Recks, but it paid the bills and also allowed for much needed father and son time. Spending nearly four years away from his son, put a strain on his parenthood, leaving behind Kairos to be attended by his grandparents.

It was saturday morning, Kairos was in the living room watching ESPN, showing recaps of Khyri's game against Minnesota. "Kairos, good morning!" "Good morning dad!" "What you watching?" "Watching Khyri's game last night." Recks took a moment to sit down and watch some of the recap as he missed it yesterday due to work. "You sure are into sports for a six year old. Shouldn't you be watching cartoons? Some Dragon ball?" "Nooooo, cartoons are for kids." "Uh, Kairos, I don't know if you looked in the mirror lately, but you're a kid too." "Nuh uh!" "Uh huh! "Nuh uh! You're a bigger kid for arguing with a six year old" ".... You got a point there" Recks proceeded to charge in and tickle Kairos as he laughed uncontrollably and kicking about.
"Hey, I got a good idea. After work, how about we to the park and we can work on your dribble skills." Kairos jumped up with excitement, agreeing to the plan. "Aight kid, I got to go to work. Tell grandmama I'll be home early and I'll try to bring dad home with me." "Okay, have a good day."

As Recks left, he gave a quick call to Khyri but to no avail. "She blows up in the WNBA and now she don't know nobody, the nerves..."
Old 02-09-2022, 01:27 PM   #45
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 01:27 PM   #46
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:28 PM   #47