Home

Official Slider Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Slider Discussion Thread within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Official Slider Discussion Thread

does anyone know if the fighter toughness slider affects getting up from knockdowns or just how much more damage a fighter can take? thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #34
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
does anyone know if the fighter toughness slider affects getting up from knockdowns or just how much more damage a fighter can take? thanks
thats what im tryna to figure out too

also the lowest % I got vs the CPU was 32% seem like tge game's engine is what making the % high(the auto punch tracking) wish they had a accuracy slider, that and stamina.......

Also it is worthless to test in CPU vs CPU

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-24-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skow05
I just fought Pavlik (me) vs. Mora and it was awesome!

I dropped the punch output to 20, raised speed to 80 and it was like I was playing a different game.

Now the first two fights I played were my first two bouts of my legacy so my guy wasn't that good. I couldn't hold my own against similar rated boxers, it was discouraging to say the least. But it was beneficial because I realized I couldn't compete on G.O.A.T difficulty (my stubborn competitive side allows me to believe I can play every game on the hardest difficulty right away).

I dropped the difficulty to champion and made the slider changes above, and it made for an exciting bout that I was never able to have in FNR3. I was K.O.'d in the 11th but was ahead on points on all but one of the scorecards (he had it at a tie). It was great! I never used to think ahead in FNR3 but in this fight I was just trying to take a round to evade and conserve energy hoping I could capitalize and be fresher in the later rounds. I had to think, and if I wasn't so bad at this game right now I think my gameplan would have worked. I'm not too familiar with boxing so I wasn't quite sure what type of boxer Mora is, but he seemed well balanced mostly picking me apart from medium range while I was trying to keep my distance. Does this seem right for him?

So for the sliders it seemed as if dropping it to 20 paid dividends because the lowest punches he threw in a round were 38 and the highest was 61. It was extremely noticeable since before I couldnt get a punch in on the CPU, he would just be going crazy lol. The speed made a HUGE difference, it didn't feel like the boxers were stuck in mud anymore. Having sliders in this game was a great idea, and should allow us to make the best experience possible.

Sorry for the longwinded explanation, im just stoked!
Nice! Glad that you enjoyed your bout and those slider adjustments seemed to give you great results. You should do a couple of more bouts and see if they turn out the same, punching output, etc.

Gents I looked around on the net to find the average punches thrown (not landed) per round.

30-60 should be the goal we are looking at. 70 could be alright, but that is pushing it.

Unless you play Joe Calzaghe, is usually throws 1000 punches TOTAL in a 12 round fight.

I'm going to attempt skow05's adjusments and see where it is at. Would be nice to have alot of realism statistically in this game, considering how beautiful it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #36
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

If 30-60 is realistic then I should be on the right track with the 20 output...I also forgot to mention that I had defensive awareness up to 100 as well.

I'm so bad at this game, I haven't beaten the cpu yet (although I've had great fights)...I managed to win an online unranked game but it was not that fun, so many punches thrown, unrealistic, etc....I think I'm going to chalk it up to my inexperience defensively and not being able to effectively counter yet.

But after a couple of fights it seems as if the following adjustments are making for some great fights:

Speed: 80
Punch Output: 20
Defensive Awareness: 100

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 06-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skow05
If 30-60 is realistic then I should be on the right track with the 20 output...I also forgot to mention that I had defensive awareness up to 100 as well.

I'm so bad at this game, I haven't beaten the cpu yet (although I've had great fights)...I managed to win an online unranked game but it was not that fun, so many punches thrown, unrealistic, etc....I think I'm going to chalk it up to my inexperience defensively and not being able to effectively counter yet.

But after a couple of fights it seems as if the following adjustments are making for some great fights:

Speed: 80
Punch Output: 20
Defensive Awareness: 100
Great! Indeed, I won my first fight Tommy Morrison vs. Eddie Chambers.

But when it came to Jake LaMotta vs. Winky Wright, TWO judges scored it a draw and the last one had Winky by two.

Fun trying to win, though. The counter-punch aspect of the game is great, I've also not got it down as of yet.

Going to start a match with your adjustments, skow. See how it turns out for myself.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #38
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Great....I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

I'm at work right now and am itching to play sooooo badly. I love that I can't get this game down right away because in so many games I'm really good right away and I don't have to learn that much, but in FNR4 it seems as if there is a really steep learning curve if you want to be amazing at this game. I love it

Champion difficulty seems to be awesome so far

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 06-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 10

Man the cpu is brutal on G.O.A.T.... Tyson (me) VS. Lewis (cpu) Tyson is no match for lewis everything default but speed
Old 06-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #40
Pro

Well at the moment, skow I am playing on pro.

Indeed it is fun learning the game, because the past FN games I was awesome and it was easy to learn.

But I had a Foreman/Lewis bout. Early rounds he was taking me, though I rocked him a few times. He knocked me down in the 5th. But I was making a comeback in the later rounds.

The speed at 80 was GREAT!

Punching seemed good, I was at 63.7, he was at 32.4 averages per round. I should not have punched so much, heh.

Defense was good, considering he landed alot more than I.

I think damage should be increased a bit, because the lower punches and everything. Might see what I can do with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »