Home

Official Slider Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Slider Discussion Thread within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #57
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Official Slider Discussion Thread

Damn just had a epic fight with Shane(me) vs Cotto...

The fight was stopped in the 7th due to my cut!!!!!! I really need to block and weave lol

Other than that, it was a pretty close bout, the judges scored it 64-69 Cotto, 66-67 Mosley and 66-67 Cotto....Cotto wins by TKO

BTW these are easier than the default G.O.A.T.

Yes! Toughness doesnt make guys KO'ed proof...Using Pac Man, I knocked out Cintron in the 3rd....

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-24-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

first i'd like to thank you guys for your time and efforts, i cant tell you how valuable a good set of sliders is. question: will you be listing your final thoughts all in one post like the guys do in the mlb2k9 ,ncaa and madden etc. sliders?

again i look forward to it and i thank you
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 9

The only things I think that need to be touched are:

Speed Slider (80)
CPU Punch Output (20 or 30)
Boxer Damage (70)
CPU Defense (80)

That's all you need.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 7

I think that all of us could collaberate our ideas and make one set. But yeah, well make a seperate post once we are on a hunch.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #61
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

This wasn't really organized as a community wide effort, just kind of a discussion thread.

I think I'm done tinkering with the sliders unless someone finds a way to decrease stamina. On 'Champion' difficulty I got it so the CPU throws a realistic amount of punches per round (30-60, in my last fight the CPU threw 71 in one of the rounds which was the most I've seen). The damage seems good on 70, I've seen flash K.D.'s, lots of stuns, but it's not ridiculous.

The big thing for me was the CPU output of punches, because it was ridiculous the first couple of bouts I played out of the box, these sliders really saved the game for me. But with Punch Output on 20, Damage Taken on 70, Defensive Awareness on 100 and Speed on 80 it plays extremely well.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

thanks great news, look forward to fighting on line soon
Old 06-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skow05
This wasn't really organized as a community wide effort, just kind of a discussion thread.

I think I'm done tinkering with the sliders unless someone finds a way to decrease stamina. On 'Champion' difficulty I got it so the CPU throws a realistic amount of punches per round (30-60, in my last fight the CPU threw 71 in one of the rounds which was the most I've seen). The damage seems good on 70, I've seen flash K.D.'s, lots of stuns, but it's not ridiculous.

The big thing for me was the CPU output of punches, because it was ridiculous the first couple of bouts I played out of the box, these sliders really saved the game for me. But with Punch Output on 20, Damage Taken on 70, Defensive Awareness on 100 and Speed on 80 it plays extremely well.
Damage Taken as in Physical Damage, correct?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
Alright, I had some preeeetty good welterweight bouts in fight now with this...Beware!!!!! LOL but give some feed back

G.O.A.T.

10 rounds
2mins
save by bell of
knockdown rule off
hud off
camera wide

Ref foul- 10
Ref awr- 10
Power- 10
Speed- 10
Damage- 10
Toughness- 10
Off awr- 0
Def awr- 10
Punch output- 0

These so far in many bouts force me to pick my spots, also despite toughness being up, I was still able to get/receive flash KD's, damage and power makes it so that you can get caugth with one clean shot and be in the stun stake(so this force me to box instead of slugging) but tougnhness counters it because now its not a KD/KO fest....Altho I dont know if having toughness up maxed will have the cpu getting up from every KD, but after my second KD using Cotto vs Pac Man, I couldnt get up.....I was also able to get inside without being flurried with punches(the cpu was sizing me uo just like I was)

my % is low(im working my str8's, jabs and hooks...most of my connects are when I counter or get a clean shot inside) my D could improve more...

someone test these for me pleeeeeaaase! but BEWARE especially against Tyson!
Used Foreman against Frazier again with your settings. Frazier knocked me down in the 2nd and 6th, the latter resulting in a KO. I had stunned Frazier a minute before getting KOed. I connected on 52%, Frazier 55% with almost an identical # of connected punches (246-243).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »