Home

The Return To Prominence? 49ers Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Return To Prominence? 49ers Dynasty within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: The Return To Prominence? 49ers Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnowsBest
this is actually one of the threads, along with the lions one, that made me interested in the game

good job rebuilding with the 49ers so far, you should be a playoff team next year if not this year.

what draft did you get?
I've seen the name "Zazzali" thrown around a lot, I think he's in it. Demario Waddle is there, I don't know if that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #42
MVP

Defense stepped up week 16 to get a 20-7 win at the Rams. Started off really well, got a fumble on the opening kickoff, and one play, a 21 yd TD. Unfortunately, that would be the closest I got to the endzone, no times in the red-zone, and a lot of long FG tries. (Serna made two, clunked one, shanked the 4th) Gore only had 49 on 16 runs, and Smith was a mediocre 145 yards and 51% completion.

The key, no turnovers. Mid 4th, I led 13-0, Rams driving, and I get a fumble. Suggs hit Bulger untouched, and Campbell picked it up and trucked 60 yards to the endzone. They got a garbage TD late. But I held them to 34 yards rushing, and only allowed 21-35 with Bulger. Suggs was the leading tackler with 10.

Only injury was Ty Law, who may or may not go for the last game. Bober and Lawson, the oft injured, are both back, so I expect them to be hurt again so. Also, Frank Okam, the stud 6th round DT, might be back. He got hurt really early, and I didn't IR him, and I might get him back. (If I make the playoffs, I have him)

As for the wild card, it's simple. Win, I'm in. Lose...probably screwed. For the last spot, me, the Saints, and Dallas are all 9-6. I have the tiebreakers on them which is nice. I don't know who wins the tiebreaker if the Giants at 10-5 lose and make it screwy, but if I win, I should be set. If they both lose, I also make it, even if I blow it.

I host the Redskins, who are 3-12. They've sucked, but the Jets weren't great.

One more win, and I'm in!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #43
MVP

It wasn't easy, and my guys seemed to want to lose late, but I pulled off a 20-17 win over the Redskins to get my playoff spot. I led 13-3 in the 3rd, but then Smith threw a TERRIBLE INT, which got returned to the 9. One play later, TD, new game.

We traded touchdowns; there's was set up by a fumble by Gore. So I got the ball back with 2:40 in the 4th, up 3, and here's where frustration set in. First play was a first down. Then, TWO FALSE STARTS, and on top of that, an injury, saving them a timeout. I ended up passing on 3rd and long, but I got it. I still couldn't run it all out, and after a missed 40 yd FG (rain), they had 8 seconds. But the Prevent held, and I won.

Only had 43 yards on 18 tries with Gore, Smith was 23-33 for 258. I shut Campbell down, only 11-23 for 143, and Portis only had 56 yards on 20 runs.

With that said, PLAYOFFS!!! WOOO!! Approval is 92, and I will face the 12-4 Vikings. (Those wins over Dallas/NO payed off, they both won their games, hooray tiebreaker!) Here is the playoff picture:

NFC
1. Tampa Bay (15-1) (Garcia/Barber both recently IR'd)
2. Philadelphia (13-3) (McNabb, Westbrook both recently IR'd)
3. Minnesota (12-4)
4. Seattle (11-5)
5. Giants (11-5)
6. 49ers (10-6) (Wooo!)

AFC
1. New England (14-2)
2. Indianapolis (12-4)
3. Denver (10-6)
4. Cincinnati (9-7) (LOL Bengals)
5. Titans (11-5)
6. Jaguars (11-5)

I'll post final stats and such eventually. I'm pumped for the Viikings. Plus, my 2nd best DT, Frank Okam, who's been hurt almost all year, is back! And I might get Furrey back. Law's healthy, although I think Harris is hurt now. Oh well.

Last edited by MrNFL_FanIQ; 12-03-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #44
MVP

All right, because I'm a freak, I recorded an absurd amount of stats onto an Excel file. And I really don't feel like posting all of that again, so I've attached the Excel file. Any stat you want about my season, individual, team, league leaders, standings, roster, it's all there.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFL Head Coach.zip (20.4 KB, 51 views)
Old 12-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #45
MVP

The first playoff game went about as well as can go, I beat the Vikings in Minnesota 36-14. I jumped off to a huge lead early. Scored on my opening drive after forcing a punt. Then, their second drive, 3 straight sacks put them to the 2, and Shawntae Spencer, my 5th CB, blocked the punt in the endzone for the safety.

I scored off of the safety punt, Jeff King got his first catch of all season for a TD. Serna missed and made a FG, so it was 26-0. They ran no huddle, got a TD late. I got the ball back, and was driving, at the MIN 30 with about 20 seconds left. But Smith in his vast stupidity threw a pick 6 to Antoine Winfield, so it was 26-14 at the half.

I control the clock and let it tick effectively, I had 42 minutes time of possession. Which was made harder by Gore and Joe Staley both getting hurt early. Jamaal Buckingham (Undrafted RB) was solid running, getting 49 yards on 13 tries. (Regular backup Robinson got 9 on 7, he's benched) Smith was effective, going 22-35, 306, 3 TD, his only error that AWFUL INT.

They abandoned the run VERY quickly, which allowed for the D to play well. Peterson only had 5 runs all game. I sacked Jackson 5 times total, held him to 128 yards, and got 2 INTs. I scored 10 more, 7 in the 3rd and 3 in the 4th, to win 36-14 and to keep the playoff dreams alive. (For some reason, I do well against the cover 2 teams, which is good, since I face Tampa next)

Here are the results of the other playoff games
Jaguars at Denver: Jaguars win 24-10
Titans at Bengals: Bengals win 28-24 (Cincy scored 22 in the 4th)
Giants at Seahawks: Giants win 41-16

Which leads to the following divisional games:
#1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No Garcia) vs Me
#2 Eagles (Minus McNabb/Westbrook) vs #5 Giants
#1 Patriots vs #6 Jaguars
#2 Colts vs #4 Bengals

Firings are a-foot with staff. Lions GM "Mack Miller" got fired. Romeo Crennel, Jim Zorn and Lane Kiffin are out of head coaching jobs. Rex Ryan, Cam Cameron are two notable coordinators I saw that got das boot.

The Redskins signed the Walrus, so Crennel remains a head coach. The Browns signed Rex Ryan as the new HC, and the Raiders signed...Gary Hammerhill? He isn't a real person, so I guess they hired a made up college coach. Knowing the Raiders...he was probably a college DB coach or something.

It kills me, Gore and Staley are both out 1-2 weeks. Tough to lose two of your best. No one else is hurt though. Furrey and Walt Harris are both back. Going to have to rely on Buckingham at RB and probably Bober as my backup center.

Garcia was IR'ed along with Ronde Barber, but Griese is hurt too, so they are going with Chris Simms at QB. RT Jeremy Trueblood is hurt along with CB Phillip Buchanon. TE Alge Crumpler is hurt too. So they are banged up, which helps. They still have Michael Turner, boooo.

Last edited by MrNFL_FanIQ; 12-04-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 8

congrats on the playoff win goodluck in the second round sad to hear about the injuries
Old 12-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #47
MVP

Ladies and gentlemen...(alright, who are we kidding, just gentlemen) I am going to the NFC Championship game. I'm now 9-1 in my last 10, as I went to Tampa and won 31-14. Tampa scored first, a 79 yard run by Turner. But I matched with a drive ended on a QB sneak. Before the half was over, I had ANOTHER drive which ended in the QB sneak, and I marched down as time was expiring to get a FG to make it 17-7.

I started the 3rd with a deep one to Manningham, 53 yards, to make it a 24-7 game. They scored a TD on a pass. Chris Simms was their QB thanks to injuries, but HE got hurt early, so enter 4th QB...Bruce Gradkowski. I scored another TD in the 4th to seal it.

Gradkowski was shut down, he was 11-24 for 162 yards and a TD. Turner ran well we he got the ball, but he only had 14 carries, so it was little worry. Buckingham wasn't good on the ground, only 35 on 14 runs, but Alex Smith had 55 rushing yards, and was solid passing. 21-32, 304 yards, and 2 TD. Manningham has 123 on 6 catches, and the D was solid.

Key stat: Time of possession. 38:51 in my favor. That's how you win games.

Here's what happened in the other playoff games
Bengals at Patriots: Patriots win 24-21
Jaguars at Colts: Colts win 42-21
Giants at Eagles: Eagles win 27-14

So the AFC is nothing out of the usual, Colts v Pats in the final. I face the Eagles now, who were the two seed, but that was before McNabb and Westbrook each got IR'd (I beat them earlier too, before the injuries)

I get Gore back, but no Staley. Chris Bober got hurt during the game (SURPRISE!!!) but he's back. Also, after just coming back from a big injury, Frank Okam is out for 3-5 months. Good thing I'm paying him 210 K a year...

Only injuries are Staley, and Manny Lawson, who often finds way to hurt himself in practice. Go Me!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

ive noticed that if you sim a full season, 99% of the time the eagles, colts, pats, and bucs make the championship games. good job of beating the bucs

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »