Home

Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm

This is a discussion on Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #25
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm

Preseason Game Three: Tennessee at Atlanta
Final Score: Titans-30 Falcons-10

This game started out well as newly resigned quarterback Chris Redman started the entire first half. The first drive was great as Redman finished 4 of 4 for 67 yards and a touchdown. Running back Michael Turner ran the ball 6 times for 27 yards before leaving with a leg injury. Redman, however, finished the first half with 7 straight incompletions, including one interception.

Tennesse showed its depth in the second half, dominating the Falcons to the tune of 20 unanswered points on their way to a convincing 30-10 victory. Rookie quarterback Matt Ryan was the victim of poor receivers as, when they were open, they couldn't haul the pass in. Running back Jerius Norwood struggled running the ball when given the opportunity, only managing 8 yards. Rookie linebacker David Vobora continued his strong showing, and rookie kicker Alexis Serna didn't get an opportunity to kick. Matt Prater made his only field goal attempt on the night.

With one more preseason game to go, Tobias set his roster with the belief that he saw all he needed from those fighting for a roster spot. With more cuts before the next game, Atlanta announced the release of defensive end Darnay Williams, linebacker Shevin Watson, and kicker Alexis Serna.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #26
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

BREAKING NEWS

Starting running back Michael Turner will be out for the next 1-3 weeks with a sprained ankle. "Turner went down in practice after a hit and didn't get up for a little while. While he walked off the field under his own power, it was gingerly. X-rays showed that he sprained his ankle, and we hope to have him back for the season opener, but he's doubtful for that game."

The injury to Turner is a blow to the Falcons offense. Turner was running the ball solidly for the Falcons, and Norwood will have to step up his game in his absence.

In retaliation, Atlanta announced several signings and releases as they try to shore up the roster. Cut from the team include running back Arlen Harris, tackle James Blair, and tight end Jerame Tuman. In return, they announced the signings of running back Ron Dayne, defensive lineman Rodney Leisle and tackle Vernon Carey.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #27
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

"I'm thinking of my hometown Lions this time, or maybe the Redskins. I'm also looking at the Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, Seahawks and the Rams."

Lions are cool, be interesting to see if you can develop Stanton (he was drafted in the 2nd round in 2007, in the right system, his POT isn't bad.) or if the new coaching regime shows no love to last year's picks. Of course with Calvin Johnson and Roy and Furrey, the receivers could make anyone look good! Don't see any cowboys or steelers anymore, haven't seen Rams or Seahawks in a while either. Thought about the Rams myself a bit, or maybe Giants...49ers...Eagles...Chiefs...Browns... hmmm Browns... I just have to resist the urge not to blow up whichever team too bad...

Last edited by Aurabolt127; 08-16-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:15 AM   #28
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamhat1915
BREAKING NEWS
In return, they announced the signings of running back Ron Dayne, defensive lineman Rodney Leisle and tackle Vernon Carey.
Yay Dayne - one of my faves from college on through - shame Giants messed around with him, and no one else committed to him! Love him in Head Coach...
Old 08-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #29
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

I'm actually stuck in a three-way race now for my next team. I'm trying to decide between the Seattle Seahawks, the Detroit Lions, and the San Francisco 49ers. I'm actually leaning more towards Seattle as I feel I would be too biased trying to play the Lions. After all, I grew up in Detroit, so I've seen been through it all with them, including that dreaded 0-16 season Of course I would probably trade away Williams (like the Lions did) since I never really liked him. He had decent stats, especially in the '06 season, but he was never consistent and seemed to be more of a "me" player. In all actuality, if I did take the Lions, Megatron would probably be the only receiver I would definitely keep.

I'm getting sidetracked though. Like I said, I'm leaning more towards the Seahawks, and already have my next head coach ready for my next dynasty. Now I just need the team.

As for Dayne, I liked him as well when I watched him play. A hard runner, and that's exactly what I need to go with Turner and Norwood, especially now that Turner is down for a few weeks. Leslie gives me another big body on the line with strength, which works well for my defense. And Carey was the best blocker in free agency, capable in both run blocking and pass blocking with a fairly high impact blocking skill.

I don't think I'll be getting the next game tonight, so my next update will probably be sometime tomorrow. In fact, tonight is probably going to be making my new playbook if I even get a chance to fire up the PS3 and starting the new franchise.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #30
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

Sounds good... guess we'll see what you decide tomorrow. I thought Roy Williams was pretty good, he bought into his own hype too much, but he didn't work out anywhere he went it seems.. sadly, the Lions had a bad stretch there at wideout... Well, a few misses are worth it since you got Megatron - a lot of teams would have given up drafting wideouts that high!

Still, you'll have a good time with Seattle too if you go that route.

I'm still not sure myself, there's a few teams I haven't done, and some I'd never do. I don't want a team with too many superstar players, or I'd have to ditch some at least...
So, I'm thinking Giants, 49ers, Browns... all three have guys I love, but a few big names I have to get rid of... 2 more games in the Jags 2nd season, then I'll get something rolling too... I've been sticking to stock playbooks the last several teams, but maybe it'll be time to look at my custom one more time.

Glad football's back on...
Old 08-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #31
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Yeah, he did buy too much into his own hype. He was pretty good, but not as good as he thought he was. It seemed like he believed he was the second coming of Jerry Rice or something, but he wasn't even close. It was a fairly bad stretch there at wideout. Thankfully Matt Millen's incompetence and love of receivers gave us the greatest receiver in the game though.

Yeah, I'm actually leaning more towards Seattle. They have quite a few decent players, and they were almost always in the middle of the pack during my 30-year simulation.

I'm probably not going to blow the team up too much, but I will be making some trades and getting rid of some of the players. More than likely I will be trading away Walter Jones as my main move.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. I need my football fix, and am so thankfully that it's finally back. I've been watching every game since football returned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #32
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

Good luck with the last preseason game! Who are you playing?

I guess Millen was trying to bring back the glory years of Moore, Morton and Perriman - didn't quite work, but I can't hate on the guy - he was a great Raider.

Loving that football is back - I'll be rooting for your Lions (a little) because my Raiders season is already over, and I want the Lions to get in the Super Bowl finally - always had a soft spot for them since that 1990 Raiders-Lions game. That was one of the best I ever saw... [prob 'cause of the great players - several HOFers and deserve-to-be HOFers, the scoring, etc. plus we won ]

Last edited by Aurabolt127; 08-16-2013 at 02:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »