Home

Kentucky Wildcats 2010-11 Thread

This is a discussion on Kentucky Wildcats 2010-11 Thread within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #41
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Kentucky Wildcats 2010-11 Thread

This team is a matchup nightmare.When you have 5 guys on the floor that can start the break what the hell can you do?T.Jones and Anthony Davis where pushin the ball on the break just as much as Teague,Lamb,MKG etc.

Usually if the big grabs the rebound he's standin still lookin around for a guard.Not this team.I was so amazed by TJ and AD at 6'8 and 6'10 pushin the ball like that.

And MKG has a motor that never stops.He reminds me of Liggins when he gets fired up but its the whole game.To me he looks better then anyone when it comes to finishin in the open floor.

Teague's style fits this team to a T.He's got great court vision and is just a bully when attackin the basket.

Witjer looked his best so far daten back to big blue madness.We finally got to see "the hook" from him in a wildcat uniform and his ability to pull up on the fast break for three really impressed me.

This game doesnt tell me everything but it sure showed me alot.The chemistry of this group is amazing.Its gonna be another exciting year for wildcat fans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #42
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitfighter87
This team is a matchup nightmare.When you have 5 guys on the floor that can start the break what the hell can you do?T.Jones and Anthony Davis where pushin the ball on the break just as much as Teague,Lamb,MKG etc.

Usually if the big grabs the rebound he's standin still lookin around for a guard.Not this team.I was so amazed by TJ and AD at 6'8 and 6'10 pushin the ball like that.

And MKG has a motor that never stops.He reminds me of Liggins when he gets fired up but its the whole game.To me he looks better then anyone when it comes to finishin in the open floor.

Teague's style fits this team to a T.He's got great court vision and is just a bully when attackin the basket.

Witjer looked his best so far daten back to big blue madness.We finally got to see "the hook" from him in a wildcat uniform and his ability to pull up on the fast break for three really impressed me.

This game doesnt tell me everything but it sure showed me alot.The chemistry of this group is amazing.Its gonna be another exciting year for wildcat fans
Yes, it's going to be a fun year. Even Vargas looks improved. There's not one team out there that I would trade players with. We are the most talented team this year (sorry UNC and UConn but it's true). Although being the most talented team hasn't mattered the last two years (See Kentucky/Kansas 2009-2010 and Duke/Ohio State 2010-11).
Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

I missed the game last night. Anyone know where i can catch a replay?
Old 11-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #44
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fam0us
I missed the game last night. Anyone know where i can catch a replay?
There is a highlight reel on the front page of www.kentuckysportsradio.com that shows basically every UK basket from Friday night's game.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #45
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Why didnt Terrance Jones start? Was it because of the accident and breaking curfew?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

Yea i was wondering if it was because of the accident to.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #47
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Why didnt Terrance Jones start? Was it because of the accident and breaking curfew?
Technically he didn't break curfew, but I do believe he didn't start for being stupid.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #48
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

Was looking back through this thread and we have all been pretty spot on with our assesments of the team.

The UNC game was one of the most entertaining college basketball games in a long long time. We all thought it would be a very good game, but it surpassed my expectations. The Cats did a great job of hanging in there when UNC was trying to knock them out with their 1st half barrage of 3's. It was a great atmosphere and just a great showing of poise by the young Cats.

Is anyone else beginning to really hate Indiana fans? They are being very obnoxious about the upcoming game. They are talking so much trash, yet they have nothing to back it up. I understand they are excited about their team, they should be. They haven't been good in a while and they finally think they have a NCAA tourney team. That's all well and good, but there is no reason to act like they are acting. The UNC-UK game was a huge game for both programs, but the fan bases respect each other and there didn't seem to be this rude undertone to their interactions. It was more of a good natured ribbing type thing. Maybe the Hoosier fans know something I don't and they will win on Saturday. However, I doubt it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »