Home

Butch's Brood - UNC Tar Heel Thread

This is a discussion on Butch's Brood - UNC Tar Heel Thread within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Butch's Brood - UNC Tar Heel Thread

Discipline is the key. An early 2 score lead would help alot.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Both coaches are going to have alot to work on after this game. Lots of stupid mistakes on both sidelines from both sides of the ball.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Jones has got to keep running hard on his route. He pulled up & that's what allowed the INT. Your QB is depending on you to be running full speed.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Defense doesn't need the blame. But they look like last season when they couldn't get off the field. They must have allowed 10-15 3rd/4th down conversions today.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Well. Loss #1.

Offense really never gave themselves a chance. Horrible execution. & the defense just got worn down in the 2nd half. They've been on the field close to 25 minutes this half.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #78
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

This is what I was worried about in this game. I really thought Carolina could win this game, but this offense needs work. I thought they had found a bit of an identity last week and in the comeback against UConn, but they really struggled today. The defense was ok, but as you said they couldn't get off the field when they absolutely had to. The offense did them no favors though as GT has had the ball all day.

Oh well. Disappointing loss but hopefully they can bounce back against Virginia and find a rhythm before the Thursday night games. If the offense doesn't improve then it won't matter how good the defense plays.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidCrash
This is what I was worried about in this game. I really thought Carolina could win this game, but this offense needs work. I thought they had found a bit of an identity last week and in the comeback against UConn, but they really struggled today. The defense was ok, but as you said they couldn't get off the field when they absolutely had to. The offense did them no favors though as GT has had the ball all day.

Oh well. Disappointing loss but hopefully they can bounce back against Virginia and find a rhythm before the Thursday night games. If the offense doesn't improve then it won't matter how good the defense plays.
I really think the D was worn out.

I think a key play though was the offsides on Austin on the 1st drive of the 2nd half. I don't think GT was really going to snap the ball in that situation. Their own side of the field w/a 2 score lead. Why go for it then & risk giving UNC momentum? I was yelling "Moron!" @ the TV. Even though GT missed the fg, the Jackets got to grind out another long drive & put UNC deep in their territory.

Thing is, they had a fumble recovery the play previously that really could have gave them a boost. But they let it slip out of their hands.

Heels have 5 of their next 6 @ home. 1st 2 vs Ga Southern & UVa. Then a bye before FSU. That gives Davis & staff a chance to get the team going on offense. They've got work to do.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

UNC 2-13 on 3rd/4th down. GT 11-20.
UNC T.O.P. - 17:54 GT - 42:06.
UNC 17yds rushing. GT, 317
UNC 3 turnovers. GT, 0.

How it was only 24-7 is beyond me.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »