Home

Conference Championship Discussion

This is a discussion on Conference Championship Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2022, 12:26 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Conference Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
Yeah this game really mirrored the OSU Michigan game for me. Both games teams play similar styles. UM got back into it sooner than Utah did, but once they played their game, USC got lost.
I said a couple weeks ago, that I felt USC could lose one of their 2 games against ND or Utah. I just felt like they were still a year away.

It did feel like the OSU-UM. Where early in the game OSU and USC had all the momentum and couldn't put them away early when they had a chance. Both UM and Utah made crucial stops in the red zones to force Field goals that kept it a 2 score deficit and changed the game from there.

I was looking forward to USC getting in, just for a change of pace from having Bama, OSU, and Clemson always get in it. Pretty much solidifies OSU getting in .I do wonder if this USC loss helps TCU sustain a loss and still get in.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:33 AM   #10
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I said a couple weeks ago, that I felt USC could lose one of their 2 games against ND or Utah. I just felt like they were still a year away.

It did feel like the OSU-UM. Where early in the game OSU and USC had all the momentum and couldn't put them away early when they had a chance. Both UM and Utah made crucial stops in the red zones to force Field goals that kept it a 2 score deficit and changed the game from there.

I was looking forward to USC getting in, just for a change of pace from having Bama, OSU, and Clemson always get in it. Pretty much solidifies OSU getting in .I do wonder if this USC loss helps TCU sustain a loss and still get in.
I feel you, as much as I don't like USC, OSU...etc, I'm also of the feeling the sport as a whole is better when those traditional powers are relevant. I THOUGHT Caleb Williams had matured enough throughout the year to not lose to Utah a second time, especially considering this Utah team lost to Florida to open the year, but....Honestly any other year I probably would have picked Utah and the defense for the double upset, but that Gator loss got me.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 12-03-2022, 12:40 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Just realized there's a non-trivial chance we could have Ohio State vs. Michigan and Georgia vs. Alabama as the two semi-final games.

Would require Georgia and Michigan to hold serve, TCU to lose, and the committee to pick Alabama over TCU. Final rankings would be Georgia #1, Michigan #2, Ohio State #3, and Alabama #4. Definitely plausible.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2022, 12:42 AM   #12
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I’m not going to pile on because I’m an OU fan but this is my honest opinion after watching OU’s former coach.

Riley has USC ahead of schedule and had a great year. He is going to win a ton of games and his players are going to win a ton of rewards.

Watching USC get wore down by a more physical team in the second half gave me flashbacks though. It’s year one so he gets a pass but I still want to see if he can win a playoff game with his style of play. Obviously he couldn’t do it with a ton of NFL talent at OU.

Also, the PAC-12 can’t seem to get out of their own way. They looked like they were surely going to get a playoff team this year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if K-State wins tomorrow too so we might still get Ohio State and Bama…
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 12-03-2022, 01:48 AM   #13
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
Just realized there's a non-trivial chance we could have Ohio State vs. Michigan and Georgia vs. Alabama as the two semi-final games.

Would require Georgia and Michigan to hold serve, TCU to lose, and the committee to pick Alabama over TCU. Final rankings would be Georgia #1, Michigan #2, Ohio State #3, and Alabama #4. Definitely plausible.
TCU would need to lose by 30+ and I just don't see that happening.

Watch me play video games
Old 12-03-2022, 02:07 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass

yeah I'm pretty much expecting this to happen
Old 12-03-2022, 02:20 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Barring a complete meltdown, I think TCU is probably safe, even with a loss.

If Alabama does get in, I have zero doubt it's winning the title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2022, 02:41 AM   #16
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

I think even if there is complete chaos this or not much at all, UM and OSU will not play in Round 1. UM will magically jump UGA or OSU will stay 4.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »