Home

Week 5 Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 5 Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2023, 01:36 PM   #41
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Week 5 Discussion

dont ever compare Shadeur to Caleb again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2023, 01:38 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
dont ever compare Shadeur to Caleb again
What dummy did that lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2023, 01:38 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Colorado defense is some of the worst I've ever seen. They got some injuries yea. But good lord stop somebody.

They can't compete with the big dogs. They'll be alright in the future. Especially in the new Big 12 where there aren't any of these top tier teams. Score isn't surprising.but I think they'll rebound and win at least 6 games this season
Old 09-30-2023, 01:41 PM   #44
All Star

OVR: 8

Surprised with Kentucky at the half. Got the ball at the 35, with 34 seconds left in the half and 2 timeouts with a kicker who has been money for a while and they just do 1 running play.
Old 09-30-2023, 01:45 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I get Colorado was a pretty big rebuild, but Deion took in 80 new kids. Losing to ranked teams is not surprising at all. Nobody expected them to match Oregon or USC. I'm not writing Deion off at all yet, but getting blown out like this two weeks in a row is just not a good look at all.

There are plenty of undermanned teams each and every year with good coaching that can scheme around their talent and somewhat keep up with the more talented teams. This Colorado team the last two weeks isn't just getting beat because of their lack of talent. Their coaching is doing them absolutely zero favors.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2023, 02:01 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I get Colorado was a pretty big rebuild, but Deion took in 80 new kids. Losing to ranked teams is not surprising at all. Nobody expected them to match Oregon or USC. I'm not writing Deion off at all yet, but getting blown out like this two weeks in a row is just not a good look at all.

There are plenty of undermanned teams each and every year with good coaching that can scheme around their talent and somewhat keep up with the more talented teams. This Colorado team the last two weeks isn't just getting beat because of their lack of talent. Their coaching is doing them absolutely zero favors.

It's not a good look, especially when you have all these celebrities coming to watch you get embarrassed lol. Only positive spin is that it was expected that it would be big losses. But the hope that they were more competitive.

At least, there next two games are against ASU and Stanford to get back on track and still play Arizona. But, they have to show they can compete with teams like UCLA, WSU, Utah, OSU
Old 09-30-2023, 02:52 PM   #47
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
What dummy did that lol

The same number of people who thought Colorado was a legit championship contender: nobody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
They can't compete with the big dogs. They'll be alright in the future. Especially in the new Big 12 where there aren't any of these top tier teams. Score isn't surprising.but I think they'll rebound and win at least 6 games this season
Agreed. I like them for 5-6 wins. They’re not losing to mediocre teams. SC and Oregon are two elite teams who I’d take over most teams in the country on a neutral field.

However…

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

I’m concerned about this.

I thought what was lost in the TCU win (scheme) and Nebraska win (adjustments) was the X’s and O’s coaching.

Now it’s clear it’s been Sanders and these playmakers covering up the potential deficiencies in scheme. The lack of second half adjustments against Oregon was alarming.
Old 09-30-2023, 02:56 PM   #48
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Wow they forced a turnover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »