Home

Holiday Bowl: Nebraska vs Arizona

This is a discussion on Holiday Bowl: Nebraska vs Arizona within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Holiday Bowl: Nebraska vs Arizona

WOW...

Team Stat Comparison
1st Downs316
3rd down efficiency
2-107-13
4th down efficiency
0-00-0
Total Yards34346
Passing28167
Comp-Att
6-1912-23
Yards per pass
Rushing6179
Rushing Attempts
Yards per rush
Penalties2-255-45
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost
Interceptions thrown
Possession14:4129:39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #26
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
HAHAHA.

I used to think the Pac-10 was the second best conference but after seeing Oregon State get demolished and watching this now, I have no clue. Heck, UCLA even struggled with Temple.

I guess I overrated the Pac-10. Arizona and Oregon State were very close to winning that conference and they have laid complete eggs.
I would have to agree, even if the pac10 splits the next two (which I think they will) they will go 3-4 in the bowl season. Not a total disaster by any means but not as good a showing as many thought going in.

I think the pac 10 was a competitive conference because it is deep in average-good teams, but not really great at the top of the conference if that makes sense.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #27
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
I would have to agree, even if the pac10 splits the next two (which I think they will) they will go 3-4 in the bowl season. Not a total disaster by any means but not as good a showing as many thought going in.

I think the pac 10 was a competitive conference because it is deep in average-good teams, but not really great at the top of the conference if that makes sense.
I'll agree with that.

What's scary is that the MWC has dominated the Pac-10 the past two seasons. Parity is here.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 12-31-2009, 01:18 AM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
HAHAHA.

I used to think the Pac-10 was the second best conference but after seeing Oregon State get demolished and watching this now, I have no clue. Heck, UCLA even struggled with Temple.

I guess I overrated the Pac-10. Arizona and Oregon State were very close to winning that conference and they have laid complete eggs.
absolutely. Conference was not as strong as we thought. And the MWC at least at the top is better than the Pac 10 right now.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:32 AM   #29
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
absolutely. Conference was not as strong as we thought. And the MWC at least at the top is better than the Pac 10 right now.
At the same time, these bowls are a crap shoot. Arizona and Oregon State were minutes away from the Rose Bowl. Maybe they were suffering from a let down. Cal was missing their best player as well.

You never who is going to show up in these games. To anyone else that watched the game, did it not appear that Nebraska really wanted it where as Arizona appeared to be going through the motions?

Nebraska beating Arizona doesn't all of the sudden mean the Pac-10 sucks and the Big 12 is good. I still think the Big 12 is down this year.

I'm still hoping that OU doesn't lay their annual bowl egg tomorrow. Getting embarrassed by Stanford would be horrible.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 12-31-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:26 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 27

“Nebraska is back and we’re here to stay”-Bo Pelini

That's the way I see it.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:48 AM   #31
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
At the same time, these bowls are a crap shoot. Arizona and Oregon State were minutes away from the Rose Bowl. Maybe they were suffering from a let down. Cal was missing their best player as well.

You never who is going to show up in these games. To anyone else that watched the game, did it not appear that Nebraska really wanted it where as Arizona appeared to be going through the motions?

Nebraska beating Arizona doesn't all of the sudden mean the Pac-10 sucks and the Big 12 is good. I still think the Big 12 is down this year.

I'm still hoping that OU doesn't lay their annual bowl egg tomorrow. Getting embarrassed by Stanford would be horrible.
And Nebraska was a SECOND away from upsetting Texas and winning the Big 12 and going to a BCS bowl. You don't think they were more let down then Arizona or OSU? I hate the let down or motivation argument in college football bowls anyways, the better team won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 09:45 AM   #32
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
And Nebraska was a SECOND away from upsetting Texas and winning the Big 12 and going to a BCS bowl. You don't think they were more let down then Arizona or OSU? I hate the let down or motivation argument in college football bowls anyways, the better team won.
Exactly, this is precise reason many people picked Arizona to upset Nebraska. Nebraska's loss was seen as the bigger let down, and it was thought this would affect us more. Arizona wasn't playing for any Pac-10 title. If they had won it, they would have backdoored their way in.

Let's call it what it was. Arizona didn't belong in the Holiday bowl (probably should have been Stanford), and Nebraska didn't either (at a minimum we should have been in the Cotton, and are clearly a BCS caliber team).

That said, I can't get too excited over this win. Arizona is clearly garbage from a garbage conference. How excited are you to beat up your brother who is 10 years your junior? Sure its nice, but its not something to go gloating over either.

We will now be in serious contention for a Big 12 title and national title next year. Top 10 preseason team, with a favorable schedule and tons of returning starter. I'm loving the outlook for 2010.

And...one more time, for the last time as a Husker:

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »