Home

Xbox Community rosters for PS3

This is a discussion on Xbox Community rosters for PS3 within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Xbox Community rosters for PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2tarheel
These have almost the same rating edits as the xbox ones, the only ones they don't have are the ones that weren't posted and the newest version 4.2. The same goes for appearances. I also edited a couple players on my own that I know a lot about and needed a complete overhaul.

I do not know why that freezing issues occurs (it does for me too) but I am guessing it has something to do with the fact that when I first got the game, I edited Michigan (cheerleaders and other stuff) and this has been known to cause a lot of glitches (and is saved with the rosters so cannot be changed). This is somewhat of a "roster-killer" for me and I am considering completely starting over with default named rosters without touching any of the schools.
Thanks for the info, just need to know what the latest file is called? Thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
These have almost the same rating edits as the xbox ones, the only ones they don't have are the ones that weren't posted and the newest version 4.2. The same goes for appearances. I also edited a couple players on my own that I know a lot about and needed a complete overhaul.

I do not know why that freezing issues occurs (it does for me too) but I am guessing it has something to do with the fact that when I first got the game, I edited Michigan (cheerleaders and other stuff) and this has been known to cause a lot of glitches (and is saved with the rosters so cannot be changed). This is somewhat of a "roster-killer" for me and I am considering completely starting over with default named rosters without touching any of the schools.
I was thinking of the same thing. Seems like anything other than player edits affects the rosters and causes some sort of glitch. I was thinking of getting started on this later today. I printed all of dkrause's updates out so I was going to go from there if I could find a PS3 version of rosters with names only to start with. Maybe we could work together on these since it's going to take quite a bit of time. I don't have a lot of time during the week but I have weekends to work on these.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #11
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
All right, if you haven't seen, I posted an updated version (a2rosters2) on 2k share a few days ago. I changed a ton of appearances and did a few rotation and ratings changes also. I still need to do the coaches, I hopefully will have that done soon.
There's no need to do the coaches: Bigdmo took Lan's roster and named all the coaches and posted it on 2K Share. All you would have to do is any/everything else. If I were you and you didn't mind going back, I would take Bigdmo's roster and go from there.

Also, you need to check that roster because Lan didn't name about 7 or so players. I had some time one night and went through every team to make sure every player was named and found some weren't. Just go to espn.com, men's college bb, teams, then rosters. Hope that saves you some time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

jd@os- Thanks for letting me know, I already did start a new roster file using his rosters from 2kShare as a base. What I am doing now is editing appearances to make faces and bodies be "perfect," by their pictures on the team website. I am also editing position to make players play their natural position. The way I am doing it is this:
If they are listed as "guard" on the team website, I usually keep them at their same guard position, unless I know somebody does not play point, or vice versa. If somebody is originally a small forward in the game and is listed as guard, I change them to a shooting guard.
If somebody is listed as "forward," I check whether their overall is higher on small forward or power forward, and put them at that position. The same goes for G/F except with shooting guard vs small forward.
If somebody is listed as F/C, I almost always put them at center, unless I know they shouldn't be a center (this hasn't happened) because centers are a lot more rare in the game.

If somebody wants to work with me on this, PM me about it and we can work out sharing it and all that. I wouldn't start doing anything yet, because I have already done a ton of appearance and position edits.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:10 PM   #13
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
jd@os- Thanks for letting me know, I already did start a new roster file using his rosters from 2kShare as a base. What I am doing now is editing appearances to make faces and bodies be "perfect," by their pictures on the team website. I am also editing position to make players play their natural position. The way I am doing it is this:
If they are listed as "guard" on the team website, I usually keep them at their same guard position, unless I know somebody does not play point, or vice versa. If somebody is originally a small forward in the game and is listed as guard, I change them to a shooting guard.
If somebody is listed as "forward," I check whether their overall is higher on small forward or power forward, and put them at that position. The same goes for G/F except with shooting guard vs small forward.
If somebody is listed as F/C, I almost always put them at center, unless I know they shouldn't be a center (this hasn't happened) because centers are a lot more rare in the game.

If somebody wants to work with me on this, PM me about it and we can work out sharing it and all that. I wouldn't start doing anything yet, because I have already done a ton of appearance and position edits.

Will you be using all of dkrause's edits on these a2tarheel?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
There's no need to do the coaches: Bigdmo took Lan's roster and named all the coaches and posted it on 2K Share. All you would have to do is any/everything else. If I were you and you didn't mind going back, I would take Bigdmo's roster and go from there.

Also, you need to check that roster because Lan didn't name about 7 or so players. I had some time one night and went through every team to make sure every player was named and found some weren't. Just go to espn.com, men's college bb, teams, then rosters. Hope that saves you some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I was thinking of the same thing. Seems like anything other than player edits affects the rosters and causes some sort of glitch. I was thinking of getting started on this later today. I printed all of dkrause's updates out so I was going to go from there if I could find a PS3 version of rosters with names only to start with. Maybe we could work together on these since it's going to take quite a bit of time. I don't have a lot of time during the week but I have weekends to work on these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Will you be using all of dkrause's edits on these a2tarheel?
I plan to first use all of dkrause's edits (and release rosters with only those), and then use TarHeelsUNC's excel formula to touch up on as many people as I can. I think the best rosters would be made by combining the two together, as they are both excellent. I will also use scouting reports and my own knowledge of certain players to work on this.

The things I mainly need help with are-
-Actually punching in dkrause's rating edits (not positions since I am doing those myself)
-Appearances (anything but faces for example, teams' shoe schemes, arm/legs accessories, tatoos, body type etc.)
-2pt tendencies (do they shoot a lot of close range or mid range jumpers? since the excel formula can't/doesn't cover that)
-Rotations
-Assistant Coaches (if people want this)
-Coaching Schemes and recruiting policies
-Anything else people can tell me about individual players
Old 01-20-2008, 01:05 AM   #15
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
I plan to first use all of dkrause's edits (and release rosters with only those), and then use TarHeelsUNC's excel formula to touch up on as many people as I can. I think the best rosters would be made by combining the two together, as they are both excellent. I will also use scouting reports and my own knowledge of certain players to work on this.

-Actually punching in dkrause's rating edits (not positions since I am doing those myself)
-Appearances (anything but faces for example, teams' shoe schemes, arm/legs accessories, tatoos, body type etc.)
-2pt tendencies (do they shoot a lot of close range or mid range jumpers? since the excel formula can't/doesn't cover that)
-Rotations
I can help you with WVU's roster. I've seen all but 3 of their games this season and follow them closely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:

-Rotations
I do want to note that alot of position changes where for substitution reasons. IE- The CPU will tend to sub by position alot. So SF #2 might see more time than a much better rated #3 SG would. Another example is you guys might be playing a game and wondered why some scrub C got in before a good bench PF. The reason is most likely he is the only C listed on the roster or there is only 2 C's and the good one starts.

You guys can do it how you want but that was the reasoning behind many of the position changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »