Home

Xbox Community rosters for PS3

This is a discussion on Xbox Community rosters for PS3 within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #17
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Xbox Community rosters for PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I do want to note that alot of position changes where for substitution reasons. IE- The CPU will tend to sub by position alot. So SF #2 might see more time than a much better rated #3 SG would. Another example is you guys might be playing a game and wondered why some scrub C got in before a good bench PF. The reason is most likely he is the only C listed on the roster or there is only 2 C's and the good one starts.

You guys can do it how you want but that was the reasoning behind many of the position changes.
I myself like the position changing because I hate seeing the 11th and 12th men get in just because they are the only other C on the roster. WVU for instance, plays most of the game with 2 guards and 3 forwards in the lineup.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I do want to note that alot of position changes where for substitution reasons. IE- The CPU will tend to sub by position alot. So SF #2 might see more time than a much better rated #3 SG would. Another example is you guys might be playing a game and wondered why some scrub C got in before a good bench PF. The reason is most likely he is the only C listed on the roster or there is only 2 C's and the good one starts.

You guys can do it how you want but that was the reasoning behind many of the position changes.
This makes a lot of sense, but wouldn't editing the rotations to make the correct players play the correct amount of time fix this, as well as keeping players in their natural postitions?
Old 01-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #19
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2tarheel
This makes a lot of sense, but wouldn't editing the rotations to make the correct players play the correct amount of time fix this, as well as keeping players in their natural postitions?
Nope. Cpu does subs on overall ratings at the position for example

86 rated pf 78rated center
62 rated pf 76 rated center

Lets say that this 76 rated center plays at pf a lot so he can get minutes. The cpu will give the 62 rated pf minutes at pf instead of the 76 rated c because the 62 rated pf is the next best player at the pf position.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #20
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

What about JUCOs who weren't on the game-are they now? Like Lester Hudson for UT-Martin? I had to create him with bad def and off awareness to keep UTM in the closed legacy. Hudson is in the top 5-6-7 in the country in scoring.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Nope. Cpu does subs on overall ratings at the position for example

86 rated pf 78rated center
62 rated pf 76 rated center

Lets say that this 76 rated center plays at pf a lot so he can get minutes. The cpu will give the 62 rated pf minutes at pf instead of the 76 rated c because the 62 rated pf is the next best player at the pf position.
I have not really had this problem when I adjust the rotations (at least in the one game where I experimented with it. I played a game against Tennesse (who has 5 "natural" SGs and 3 "natural" PFs) and I set Howell, their only point guard, and Williams, their only center to 2 minutes of playing time in their rotation before the game. Howell played 6 minutes and Williams played 3 and while this is more than 2, I didn't see it as much of a problem. Could the patch have fixed this?

Also, to any Tennessee fans, I have ramar smith back at point guard now, I just put him at SG to experiment with this.

To the above poster, I used TarHeelsUNC's excel spreadsheet to create Hudson, Drew Naymick, and some other people who weren't in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2tarheel
I have not really had this problem when I adjust the rotations (at least in the one game where I experimented with it. I played a game against Tennesse (who has 5 "natural" SGs and 3 "natural" PFs) and I set Howell, their only point guard, and Williams, their only center to 2 minutes of playing time in their rotation before the game. Howell played 6 minutes and Williams played 3 and while this is more than 2, I didn't see it as much of a problem. Could the patch have fixed this?

Also, to any Tennessee fans, I have ramar smith back at point guard now, I just put him at SG to experiment with this.

To the above poster, I used TarHeelsUNC's excel spreadsheet to create Hudson, Drew Naymick, and some other people who weren't in the game.
Like i said, its up to you guys and i am talking the 360 version but on the 360 this clearly was an issue with many teams - or i wouldn't have changed them as it was just extra work. Some teams work out better than others but overall your much better off to plan it as a two deep for each team based on position especially at the power spots.

As far as the patch- i don't know if the patch started using rotation minutes exclusively- i hope it did and if it did then my first paragraph is irrevelent - but pre patch (on 360) i do know this is an problem as it tends to use staminia and two deep mainly.

Hopefully, it works out for you guys and i am jealous you have the patch
Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #23
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Like i said, its up to you guys and i am talking the 360 version but on the 360 this clearly was an issue with many teams - or i wouldn't have changed them as it was just extra work. Some teams work out better than others but overall your much better off to plan it as a two deep for each team based on position especially at the power spots.

As far as the patch- i don't know if the patch started using rotation minutes exclusively- i hope it did and if it did then my first paragraph is irrevelent - but pre patch (on 360) i do know this is an problem as it tends to use staminia and two deep mainly.

The patch is awesome. I just picked up the game yesterday.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:

I think I will do some more testing, but right now in the games I have played, I have not seem a problem with the correct player rotations. I will do more testing, but for now, I think I will keep players at their natural positions, unless the same problem that people had pre-patch occurs with different teams.

To update on my progress from yesterday, I have finished appearances and positions from the ACC, Big Ten, and SEC and I am midway through the Big East. I'm expecting to get all the BCS conferences done by today.

Last edited by a2tarheel; 01-21-2008 at 02:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »