Home

PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going?

This is a discussion on PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going? within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #57
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yeah I hear ya, it's very tedious and time consuming. You don't realize that until you get into the actual editing.

I'm going to work on the Big East right now and try to knock off a few more teams.
ehh,

Not sure what your WVU roster looks like but Roscoe Davis didn't qualify this year so he'll be attending a prep school and playing for them next season.

Edit-Also heard this morning that Pitt's Cook was denied his request for an extra year of eligibility after his early season injury last year. I think I have him as an injury redshirt on my roster so you will want to go ahead and remove him for the 08-09 roster. I assumed he would be granted the year and play this upcoming season.

Last edited by crques; 08-21-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #58
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

At this point in time I'm not sure how realistic it is that this project will be completed with all 300+ teams. I think the first goal should be to get all BCS and higher mid-major conferences and Rivals Top 150 in the game. From there we'll see what we can do with the low-majors.

I'm still not done w. the Big East yet and no other conference is finished.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 9

^ sounds like this is turning out harder than expectd...
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 08-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #60
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
^ sounds like this is turning out harder than expectd...
It is. The big problem is consistency, I find myself bumping up some returning players too much, then some too few. It's also a mess to go through the rotations for each time. Just a very daunting task.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevinrod
OK so what do I do, have you email the file to me when you are ready for me to take care of the HL? Or send it to my PSN ID somehow (it is "thevinrod" by the way)
Good to see you over vinrod.....just don't make Matt Howard a transfer to Purdue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #62
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It is. The big problem is consistency, I find myself bumping up some returning players too much, then some too few. It's also a mess to go through the rotations for each time. Just a very daunting task.
Just a suggestion ehh........I wouldn't worry too much about rotations or returning player attributes yet. I think that all the incoming freshmen, transfers, and JUCO players should be added to the teams first. Then the coaching tendencies and recruiting priorities should be changed in accordance to all the coaching changes for next year. Once all that is done, that would give us a base file to work with. When it gets closer to time for the season to start, then the rotations and attributes for returning players could be adjusted. Once again, that's just a suggestion. I know that I, as well as the other PS3 guys on here, appreciate what you're doing and I certainly would be willing to help out in my spare time.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #63
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Just a suggestion ehh........I wouldn't worry too much about rotations or returning player attributes yet.
I thought about that and I agree. That will make things more manageable, things were starting to overwhelm me. I just went through and did that for the remaining Big East teams and I think I will like that method much more.

Here's an update on the Big East.

The following teams are 100% done which means I have created the freshman including attributes and appearances, moved all transfers and adjusted the ratings for all returning players. I also took a guess at the rotation and starting lineups.

- Cinncy
- UConn
- DePaul
- Georgetown
- Louisville
- Marquette
- Notre Dame
- Providence
- Villanova

I have adjusted the classes, transfers and redshirts for every Big East team. Right now I'm going to finish creating the freshman, which I have seven teams left to do.

I will hold off on editing any of the returning players on those teams for the time being.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #64
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I thought about that and I agree. That will make things more manageable, things were starting to overwhelm me. I just went through and did that for the remaining Big East teams and I think I will like that method much more.

Here's an update on the Big East.

The following teams are 100% done which means I have created the freshman including attributes and appearances, moved all transfers and adjusted the ratings for all returning players. I also took a guess at the rotation and starting lineups.

- Cinncy
- UConn
- DePaul
- Georgetown
- Louisville
- Marquette
- Notre Dame
- Providence
- Villanova

I have adjusted the classes, transfers and redshirts for every Big East team. Right now I'm going to finish creating the freshman, which I have seven teams left to do.

I will hold off on editing any of the returning players on those teams for the time being.

Whenever you get finished with the Big East and need a break, send me the file and I can work on the coaching style and recruiting priority changes for all the schools with new coaches. I've been working on a detailed list of things I need to change and so forth. Also, that will affect rotations to since some coaches player more or fewer players so that's another reason to hold off on rotations until last. Thanks for your work on these so far. I'm sure this file will be great when it's finished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »