Home

The College Hoops 2K8 esoteric information thread (learn and discuss the arcane)

This is a discussion on The College Hoops 2K8 esoteric information thread (learn and discuss the arcane) within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #73
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The College Hoops 2K8 esoteric information thread (learn and discuss the arcane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
...is there a way that you can manually assign your custom playbooks to CPU coaches?
You can assign them to either team (or both teams) before the game by pressing the options button at the team select screen, making sure you load the playbooks from the main menu first.

I don't think you can assign them to coaches, but the pregame method serves the same function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
...Is it possible to see what hand a recruit shoots with? I know I could play the ABL games, but I didn't want to my first year because I didn't see much reason to.
I'm pretty sure there isn't, but you can edit your recruits shooting hand once they are on your team.

One of the first things I do on day one of a new season is edit my recruits, their appearance, and even sometimes their name.

Don't sleep on the ABL though. You can use player lock to play as the player you're looking at, and not even play the whole game but just enough to get a feel. Player Lock is a great feature, in case you haven't used it, and can be turned on from Options>Gameplay.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #74
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The College Hoops 2K8 esoteric information thread (learn and discuss the arcane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
I'm pretty sure there isn't, but you can edit your recruits shooting hand once they are on your team.

One of the first things I do on day one of a new season is edit my recruits, their appearance, and even sometimes their name.

Don't sleep on the ABL though. You can use player lock to play as the player you're looking at, and not even play the whole game but just enough to get a feel. Player Lock is a great feature, in case you haven't used it, and can be turned on from Options>Gameplay.
Okay, thanks. This was my first season so I hadn't already scouted anyone, but I plan on playing the ABL games next year. Thanks for suggesting the player lock, I'll try that out because there are a couple players specifically I'm really looking to get.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #75
Banned

Soonerfan09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
Meanwhile, I let the CPU call plays for me, and sure enough it's calling plays for Alcindor... But not over doing it...
How do you get the computer to call plays for you? There isn't an option in the Coach Settings. Does it have to do with the custom playbooks?

Sorry if you've already explained this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #76
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan09
How do you get the computer to call plays for you? There isn't an option in the Coach Settings...
If you don't call a play, the CPU will call one for you. You may have to wait a couple of seconds, but it will eventually call a play for you.

If you want the CPU to call plays for you it helps to play with the play diagrams ON and the play called display ON, so when the CPU calls a play the on floor diagram come up to show you where to go and the name of the play will also be shown.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #77
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

A nice idea from tfin1212, for archiving your results in this game:

"...What I have done is at the last screen after the National Champoion is decided and the season is complete I make a separate save from my "Dynasty" file that is named "2008 Season Final", "2009Season Final", and so on...so that I have a file I can always load that shows the season's results, awards, records, stats...it serves as my yearbook..."
Old 11-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #78
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

This is great. Does anyone have a list of the moves and analog controls for the 360 as well?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:12 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Anything you can do to have the AI force more turnovers. Even on MOP with sliders maxed in favor of the AI defense, speed, Def Awareness, steal, steal succes, and human ball handling turned down to 30, they still only force a few turnovers per game.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #80
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

There are no travels, no errant passes and few offensive fouls which always lead to lower turnover totals. I don't think anyone has been able to get realistic turnover numbers, I know you've tried harder than anyone fist.

It's a gripe that's come to bother me quite a bit in this game, on-ball defensive pressure means nothing. You can't get in a guys face and force a bad pass that goes out of bounds.

I'm still waiting for a basketball game to properly incorporate travels, they never happen unless it's user error.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »