Home

December 2007 NPD Sales Data

This is a discussion on December 2007 NPD Sales Data within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #17
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: December 2007 NPD Sales Data

The PS2 is just amazing-1.1 million of 'em sold in December,and PS2 software sold more copies than any other platform.
Can there be anyone left in the US who doesn't already have one?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #18
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

I own a Wii and a 360 and love them both. I had to hunt for the Wii, but that Mario vs Sonic Olympics is an extremely fun game multiplayer. Nintendo has found a niche with the motion sensitivity. My love for the 360 is strictly due to XBL.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 35

I guess since this going to devolve into a Wii v. 360 thread, I'll put my 2 cents in. I went with 360 because I play sports and FPS's online. I considered a Wii because I knew my wife would play it, but I decided to go with something I would want to play. No regrets at all about the decision. Lovin' NBA 2k8 and COD4 (not available for Wii) and my wife and I are playing Rock Band every night.
My brother-in-law got a Wii and asked for a "killin' and dying" game (a la Timesplitters that we used to play together). Uh, not much out there except Medal of Honor (which doesn't have local multiplayer).
Old 01-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

The wii is nothing more than a complementary console. It's really turning into the party console while the 360 is soon becoming the standard.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #21
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Nintendo laughing all the way to the bank like every month.
Seriously... they make devices to print money.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
The wii is nothing more than a complementary console. It's really turning into the party console while the 360 is soon becoming the standard.
The standard for who? How is the 360 becoming the standard when more people are buying the Wii? It may be a complimentary console for some, but that does not apply to everyone.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
there had to have been millions of Tamagotchi sold in a short amount of time back in the day too. A period of high sales doesn't mean it'll stick. The will is selling great, as it's cheaper than anything out and is SDTV friendly. However, as the price of the 360 and ps3 fall, the Wii will become irrelevant.

Yes the wii has games on the list, but if you take console sales into account, which you even praised, they should have more. The games they do have on the list don't even top the most popular games on a console with less consoles out. The wii sales do not translate to many game sales. That's why 3rd party companies will continue to give the Wii the shovelware treatment.
The only thing that will make the Wii irrelevant is the Wii 2. Both the PS3 AND 360 dropped their prices during the year. Did it have ANY affect on the sales of the Wii? No, it did not. That's proof enough that the Wii will stick.

The second part of your argument makes little sense. By that logic, the DS should have the #1 game, followed by the Wii at #2, 360 at #3 and so on. Maybe the console with sales has a higher selling game because it's the only thing worth buying for it.

There are hundreds of games availavble for the next gen systems. The Wii has 3 of the top 10 spots. I haven't seen the rankings of positions 11-100, but I bet you'd find a lot of Wii games in the list. The first half of 2007 did not see a lot of games for the Wii, but I'd like to see the tie-in ratio since fall. It will climb as more games are released. The reason teh 360 has a high tie-in ratio is that it's been out for a year longer.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #24
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey
This is what happens when PR people put their wording on something folks.
My quote got a little misinterpreted on what I originally meant.

It said 52% hardware sales for the Wii... then adds in more than all other systems combined. That is already a given since 52% sales belonged to Wii, and there is only 48% left for everyone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »