Home

So I bought a banned PS3 off Craigslist

This is a discussion on So I bought a banned PS3 off Craigslist within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:59 AM   #25
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: So I bought a banned PS3 off Craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
So what are you going to do now? Are you gonna just keep the PS3 but only play offline?
Yeah. Pretty much.

Or beg for a Slim for Christmas.

One of the two. If by December it starts to really bother me that I don't have PSN, then i'll probably just suck it up and get a Slim. Probably use the banned one as an extra Blu-Ray player. I'm not ripping someone off the way I was ripped off. Morals and whatnot.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 02:02 AM   #26
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
-I'm not suing anybody. It'd be cheaper to just buy a Slim.
Threaten to sue the guy, he should know you'll win and you'll get the court costs back as well as lawyer fees if you hire one to appear in court with you. If given the opportunity, he should be more than willing to void the transaction and give you back your money for the banned PS3 than having to give you $500+ ($200 PS3, $130 filing costs plus attorney fees) once he loses a small claims case.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 31

Sorry to hear dude. I would trade it in at gamestop and get a new one. Donate some plasma every two weeks and by Christmas you should have enough for the new PS3!

Sucks but that is the problem with buying used. I had no idea you could rack up debt on a console....wow.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #28
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
First it is in no way Sony's fault that the system was bought from a non retail seller.. again Buyer beware.

Your example is not apples to apples at all......come on man.
I realize that analogy probably isn't possible, but it was still a point worth making. And obviously Sony isn't at fault here, nor do they really have any responsibility in they matter. But if you have a potential customer who has a valid credit card, and would maybe be willing to go the extra mile to prove that it is indeed his credit card, I think it would be a poor business decision to not at least try and meet the OP halfway here. Especially if he is being proactive in the manner that he is... i.e. emailing the Sony the address and phone number of the person who is in debt to them.

Weareallwitnesses, have you tried actually calling Sony in any way? Maybe a customer support line or something? Emails alone may not be enough to get you what you want, ya know? It's much easier to ignore or blow off an emailer than it is a guy who is on their actual phone line. If you complain enough and get a hold off someone with some actual authority, you might get somewhere.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #29
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
Weareallwitnesses, have you tried actually calling Sony in any way? Maybe a customer support line or something? Emails alone may not be enough to get you what you want, ya know? It's much easier to ignore or blow off an emailer than it is a guy who is on their actual phone line. If you complain enough and get a hold off someone with some actual authority, you might get somewhere.
Tried that twice. I actually find that the email guy is more understanding of the situation. When you talk to them, they're kind of mean. Lol.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #30
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Out of curiosity, is there any way of finding out if a ps3 is banned from the PSN network before buying outside a retailer?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #31
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Tried that twice. I actually find that the email guy is more understanding of the situation. When you talk to them, they're kind of mean. Lol.
Man, that's a bummer...

Good luck dude, hopefully you'll be able to work out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
I just sent them an email yesterday offering them that. I think I still have the seller's address in my GPS. No response yet.

Other things:
-The PS3 was 200 bucks. Before everyone says "you should've just spent the extra 100", i'm in College. I have no extra money, so the fact that I was able to trade in my 360 and games and actually make money off the deal was what motivated me in the first place.

-I don't blame Sony. At all. They need to get their money somehow. $700 is nothing to sneeze at, so if they feel this is the best way to get that money, that's their choice. Buyer beware and whatnot, I was just an idiot for not asking. Frankly though, I didn't know it was even possible for them to ban a console. I come from 360-land, where it appears bans are less prevalent.

-I'm not suing anybody. It'd be cheaper to just buy a Slim.

Lmao.

If you cant afford the extra 100...news flash you cant afford the 200 either. This is why so many people have debt problems.

Live within your means.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »