Home

Kinect Reviews

This is a discussion on Kinect Reviews within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #65
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Kinect Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Ahh, didn't think about that, probably due to privacy settings. LOL

Well, if you're my facebook friend it's in my feed (as I'm getting made fun of left and right for it right now LOL).

Sorry, I tried.
Thanks Scott. It looks like you don't have that much room to your left either due to the couch, same as my situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #66
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

It looks like MS's marketing is really paying off. I was at BB today to get a PM on EA MMA that I bought last week and they were already sold out on the Kinect sensor. They had a few 250gb and 4gb bundles left. There was a guy there that had gone to several stores looking for one and couldn't find it. This is like the darn Move controllers, you can't find them in my area.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #67
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Kinect selling hot cakes for the 30s crowd, especially that dancing game because it has all the hit songs from the 80s and 90s on there. On a related note, I read this guy broke his tv playing the volleyball game on there.

He had a chain hanging too low on his ceiling fan and his hand hit it when he tried to do a jumping spike, causing the chain to come flying off the ceiling fan directly into his tv screen.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #68
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Kinect selling hot cakes for the 30s crowd, especially that dancing game because it has all the hit songs from the 80s and 90s on there. On a related note, I read this guy broke his tv playing the volleyball game on there.

He had a chain hanging too low on his ceiling fan and his hand hit it when he tried to do a jumping spike, causing the chain to come flying off the ceiling fan directly into his tv screen.
http://kotaku.com/5682343/the-first-...tv-with-kinect
Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #69
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I had to pick up something at target and bit. I have no willpower lol.

Just played the game where you hit balls at blocks, but it works well enough in my space. Obviously it'd be better if I had a bigger living room, but it works for 1 player...will have to see if 2 players is realistic or not, but i can deal...I know my gf will love the dance game when i get it lol
Old 11-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #70
Rookie

pigpen81's Arena

OVR: 12

Having pre-paid for 4 4G 360 Kinect systems plus Dance Central and Kinect Sports, I braved the crowd at the Microsoft Store in San Diego to pick up my schools wares Wednesday night. Microsoft was nice enough to bring me my bundles after I showed them that we paid in full instead of waiting in the long line of pre-orders. (The 3 others will go in our Chargers fitness room)

I hooked up the 360 to our projector/sound system at 6 AM Thursday morning in prep for my 8th grade classes.

We have a drop down/ceiling projector plus a full sound system...plus 45 geo-fitness mats to dance on. (Public school...not affluent for those wondering)

We also have a Wii with Just Dance and Just Dance 2.

After 4 periods of classes, here our my students and my impressions.

Dance Central is much better as a dance game then Just Dance/Just Dance 2. The moves are actual moves and the presentation is better. Also, my 8th graders like the song selection much more as the hip hop is more in their realm (I love the 80's .

They like the Dance Battle mode and LOVE freestyle mode which becomes a mosh pit

They couldn't believe they could "Soulja Boy" and "Teach me How to Jerk"...for 8th graders....it was near nirvana for some of them.

My only complaint is that it only works for 1 player at a time...but b attle mode has a 2nd player switch out.

Not a big deal as 40 students are still following along behind the main dancer on their own mats.

I REALLY love these dance games as they provide a different way for me (a physical educator) to encourage movements with students.

Just Dance 2 is well done as well....as we love the duet mode in the game.

My students are really looking forward to Michael Jackson's dance game and I cannot wait to see what Zumba Fitness will be about.

I also look forward to where Harmonix will take the Dance Central franchise as I feel they are just scratching the surface with it.

I would rate Dance Central 4* out of 5 and every student at our school is already talking about it. Microsoft should have given me the system/game for how many will be sold because of us using it at our school. I have heard 10 students say they now want a Kinect for Xmas.

video games........I wish my boys would let me play

watching Tottenham vs. Liverpool at White Hart Lane............2004 was a long time ago
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #71
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Question, the video controls using audio are only good for Netflix? I can't use them when watching a video streaming? That would have been nice for them to integrate that elsewhere...I'd like to use kinect to go through more menus than just what they offer....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I love his blog......."YES I am the first moron" lol
http://becauseitoldyouso.blogspot.co...ak-his-tv.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »