Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #129
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Xbox 720

I wont fool myself into saying that I wont consider buying it at launch but it becomes an automatic buy with backwards compatibility.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #130
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I wont fool myself into saying that I wont consider buying it at launch but it becomes an automatic buy with backwards compatibility.
BC plus 400 or less is a yep. At lease then I can play 360 games while waiting on new 720 games on it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #131
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
BC plus 400 or less is a yep. At lease then I can play 360 games while waiting on new 720 games on it.
I'd guess it will launch at $400-$450. If $400 I don't see any way that I won't buy it, unless of course, there is no BC. I have too many games still to play, and I don't want those to go to waste.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #132
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

If it is BC, that is a huge selling point at launch. I know I have a collection of games sitting on my shelf that I have yet to dive into. I don't want to lose that ability right out the gate.

Now another big concern for me is price point. If it is 400 for the bare bones model then I will just wait. I have a 360 slim now with 250 HD, I'm not going to go backwards for a new system.

There is plenty of options to weight. Mainly because the current systems I feel are plenty powerful enough still. Look at the graphics of Halo 4, GTA 5, NBA2k13 for instance.

Faster load times, more on screen characters, higher poly count, etc is all fine and dandy but does not sell me on "HAVING" to have a new system "NOW".
Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #133
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Spoiler

Sometime, most likely in time for Christmas shopping next year, in 2013, Microsoft is releasing the next generation Xbox system. The system, currently, is being referred to by several code names, online, including "720", "Durango", and "Loop". This is awesome news for gamers, serious and casual alike. In a world where reports are coming out saying that the upcoming movie The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is said to be so sharp, immersive, and hyper-realistic that watching it can make some people to feel motion sick - the idea of a next-gen game platform is certainly exciting news! The more realistic and immersive the game - the more distracting and involving it is.

To those ends, this next-gen Xbox seems, according to early leaked specs, to be a dream come true.

In fact, you'll probably hear it here first, Microsoft has taken out a Patent that would allow their game system to project images into the room you are in, thus creating an even more immersive experience:

Quote:
According to a patent document, Microsoft is working on technology that will enable its next-gen videogames console to project 3D game environments onto the walls of a room. The tech is linked to the forthcoming Kinect 3D glasses - rumoured to be called Fortaleza - which will presumably allow players to see the environments in 3D.

The tech has been described in Microsoft's patent reads: “Interactive media experiences, such as video games, are commonly delivered by a high quality, high resolution display. Such displays are typically the only source of visual content, so that the media experience is bounded by the bezel of the display.”

"Even when focused on the display, the user may perceive architectural and decorative features of the room the display is in via the user’s peripheral vision. Such features are typically out of context with respect to the displayed image, muting the entertainment potential of the media experience further, because some entertainment experiences engage the user’s situational awareness (e.g., in experiences like the video game scenario described above), the ability to perceive motion and identify objects in the peripheral environment (i.e., in a region outside of the high resolution display) may intensify the entertainment experience."
The patent also includes the image below.

Source

Quote:
Microsoft's Xbox 720 will unveil a new version of Kinect, a Blu-ray drive, and an A/V port for watching and recording broadcast TV, at least according to details leaked by Xbox World.

Other features will include directional audio, an input and output for watching and recording TV shows, and an "innovative controller," noted gaming news site ComputerAndVideoGames.com (CVG). Last February, Xbox World said that the redesigned controller would come with a built-in HD touch screen.

Codenamed Durango, the new Xbox would be powered by a CPU with "four hardware cores, each divided into four logical cores" and 8GB of RAM.
Source

Quote:
But a company document leaked in June touted a higher level of accuracy, stereo imaging, better voice recognition, and the ability to track four players at once.
Source

Quote:
Kinect 2 so accurate it can lip read

Microsoft plans to release a next-generation Kinect device so accurate it can lip read, sources have told Eurogamer.

Kinect 2 will come bundled with future Xbox consoles, we understand.

The intention is that Kinect 2 will offer improved motion sensing and voice recognition.

One development source told Eurogamer that Kinect 2 will be so powerful it will enable games to lip read, detect when players are angry, and determine in which direction they are facing.

Kinect 2 can track the pitch and volume of player voices and facial characteristics to measure different emotional states.
Source

The above article goes on to state that the current Kinect technology is limited because of how Xbox's deal with multiple USB connections ( the controllers, and so forth" which keeps the data speed low. But making the machine with an internal, already installed Kinect? That speeds things up considerably...

Quote:
"It can be cabled straight through on any number of technologies that just take phenomenally high res data straight to the main processor and straight to the main RAM and ask, what do you want to do with it?"

From the above source as well

Quote:
The Xbox 720, on the other hand, may be “the most powerful of all the next-gen consoles.” Gaming Bolt said that the new Microsoft console may be 4-6 times more powerful than the Wii U and 2-3 times more so than the PS4/Omni. A soft launch is rumored to kick off in November 2013, with the actual release taking place in the summer of 2014.
Source

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 12-07-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #134
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Think it's safe to say that after this batch of next gen consoles, all that's left is to "Jack In" matrix style lol
Old 12-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #135
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Really... I don't ever remember paying $69.99 for games when the 360 came out.

Sent from best phone on the planet!!!!
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #136
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Think it's safe to say that after this batch of next gen consoles, all that's left is to "Jack In" matrix style lol
Even just from a graphics perspective, a lot can be improved upon, comments like this and others just show that many will have to see it to realize it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »