Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #449
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox 720

^^

Don't you see, it doesn't matter if you are not watching thru your console, with the always on, always connected 720/kinect2, it will be tracking what you watch regardless of where its coming from. So even if you buy through say Comcast/DTV,etc... the audio/video capture/listening will still be there, tracking, listening, watching, uploading, enforcing, get ready this is the new way they are going.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #450
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Heh, we're getting into tinfoil hate territory here. Google got into trouble all over the world just for recording the locations of wifi hotspots or something. MS or anyone aren't going to get free reign to all of the above without explicit opting into such a program. If you don't want to be their free marketing analysis you should probably stop on forums too while you're at it.

Also as to not needing to release information to know it's a bad idea... it almost never is. That's called research, you don't assume anything. Again, MS has generated billions in revenue this generation getting people pay for Netflix and multiplayer. Who would have guessed that in 2005?

Note that a lot of the responses for the online connectivity are harsher while the used game comments contain many concessions about price and whatnot that would make it OK. It's all marketing and tuning their product, which won't please 100% anyways, for maximum ROI while aligning with longterm goals.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #451
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Heh, we're getting into tinfoil hate territory here. Google got into trouble all over the world just for recording the locations of wifi hotspots or something. MS or anyone aren't going to get free reign to all of the above without explicit opting into such a program. If you don't want to be their free marketing analysis you should probably stop on forums too while you're at it.
Not true, consent will be giving as soon as you sign up in the fine print. Tin-foil? Hardly so, when they are openly discussing it. MS also would not be the first company to do such things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #452
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

if all this does become real, and even tho0ught I was getting the PS4, I would lose all respect of MS in the console business..

I just image stores like best buy on there returns if people walked out with a 360 and got home and found out they need online just to use there system.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #453
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

A year or two from now that suggestion could be as silly saying Best Buy will have a lot of returns from people buying DirecTV without a TV, or a Blu-Ray player and no movies.

Or perhaps people spending $500+ on a console and accessories will make an informed decision. If that's the reason not to do this, then it's going to happen (see also: 'when i move i dont have internet' and 'my internet might go out' rationales)
Old 02-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #454
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
With gaming always all you needed was a TV ..hd or not..telling customers they need internet is a big no no imo.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #455

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
With gaming always all you needed was a TV ..hd or not..telling customers they need internet is a big no no imo.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
I would say that MS intended the internet and xbox to go together like a baseball and bat from the very beginning. We should not be surprised and certainly not expecting of anything different.

However, I highly doubt that this will be a required feature to play a game, especially if games are still sold as material items and not digital.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #456
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

If I get the Xbox, which at this point is in major doubt, I will have to put a piece of paper over the camera. Can't really stop the audio side, but it would the camera. Major security issues though if someone hacks in and is able to see the camera footage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »