Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #849
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
i honestly can't remember the last time my internet went out without the power going out. So maybe that is why it doesn't bother me.
I agree, I never had or really would have this issue, my only question is what about the people out there who have or care to have or pay for internet

sent from Droid DNA
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #850
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Xbox 720

Something I don't get is that people keep saying they don't care about games with this thing. I don't think we have the information to deduce that at the moment. If I'm running Microsoft, that's easily the part I'd want to announce myself. The only thing we've heard in that regard is they have multiple studios working on AAA titles. Just because the stuff about media is getting out doesn't exactly mean that they don't care about games imo. I think in that regard, some of you are getting ahead of yourselves in part because we already know Sony's platform.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #851
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Something I don't get is that people keep saying they don't care about games with this thing. I don't think we have the information to deduce that at the moment. If I'm running Microsoft, that's easily the part I'd want to announce myself. The only thing we've heard in that regard is they have multiple studios working on AAA titles. Just because the stuff about media is getting out doesn't exactly mean that they don't care about games imo. I think in that regard, some of you are getting ahead of yourselves in part because we already know Sony's platform.
For the most part we still have a ton to learn about Sony's system and services (both free and their equivelent of Live) too.

People are just matching up bullet points and assumptions with mostly rumor and assumptions to try and justify their premature statements of allegiance and.. well... the adage about assumptions still applies.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #852
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

XBox 'Infinity' to require constant on connection in order to play games. Major blow up today. Crazy choice IMHO.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbo...DRM,21881.html
Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #853
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
I agree. I get it that companies want to "win the living room" now, but I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that for MS, it's entertainment first, then games. Gamers are going to be the first people to adopt your console.
This was MSFT's plan all along. The Web TV deal with Sony flopped back in the day. Sony then came out with the Playstation and PS2.

MSFT'S knew it needed to get into gaming as well to "win the living room". Bill Gates was on record before the first XBox that the goal was to have their "set top box" all along, and they had to go Sony's route with the XBox after they pulled out of a deal with Sega to team up for a DC successor. They yanked funding and helped cause Sega to flop after Sega invested too much.

Sony still seems heavily games oriented so far, with the Netflix stuff, etc. being more so options. So far...

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 04-08-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #854
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
XBox 'Infinity' to require constant on connection in order to play games. Major blow up today. Crazy choice IMHO.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbo...DRM,21881.html
This is the same exact information that sparked this whole debate. Seems they were a bit late on it.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #855
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
This is the same exact information that sparked this whole debate. Seems they were a bit late on it.
Ahhh... at 86 pages, haven't exactly read this entire thread. Feels like MS is making the Sony mistake of thinking they are the big dog and no one can take them down this generation. The arrogance of that Director is appalling, and one of the primary reasons people are turned off by Microsoft (well, ANY company that expresses sentiments in that manner).

On a side note, I personally never buy consoles for their features. I buy them for their games. That's why I own a PS3/Wii/XBox360 and both a 3DS/Vita. Games draw me in, and features are just a nice to have.

Will the always on keep me from buying the console? Not if there are quality games to draw me in, but what it will do is keep me from making it my primary gaming platformer, where I play all my games and make all of my purchases.

Last edited by Valdarez; 04-09-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #856
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

My internet was in and out all day today. I hate to say it, but I won't be getting a xbox because of this if it is in fact true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »