Home

Sports gamers Next Gen console of Choice?

This is a discussion on Sports gamers Next Gen console of Choice? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which console will be best for sports gamers?
Xbox One 16 13.91%
PS4 99 86.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Sports gamers Next Gen console of Choice?

I'm older and mainly just play sports games. I'll play GTA every so often, FAllout was one game i liked or uncharted but most of the games I enjoy are sports games. This past gen I actually use my 360 more for madden and nba 2k. Also enjoyed mlb 2k somewhat. I bought a ps3 that i use sometimes to play the show and some of it's exclusives. That's really it. I like the 360 controller better and ports always seemed to be better on it. THe xbox one really has me turned off though. It's more expensive, lesser powered. All this spy crap. I just want to play my sports games in my underwear every so often and be left alone lol. A lot of like to play video games because we just want to be alone sometimes and play video games in our underwear and not give a crap about the outside world for the time being? Kinect and all this stuff is creepy as heck for this reason. Is that so wrong of me? That I don't want to be kinected with the entire world while i'm sitting there in my underwear playing madden just because i feel like it? M$ is annoying.

Not sure if downloads and online content is going to be a lot faster this gen as well. That is also a big plus for the 360 is it's faster downloading and they always seem to get content first like patches and demos.

I am leaning towards the ps4 just because it will have the show and everything this gen. I just am worried i will miss out on certain things. I don't see the point in owning 2 consoles this gen. Any advice?

Last edited by celtics6; 08-16-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #2

m1ke_nyc's Arena

Re: Sports gamers Next Gen console of Choice?

First the "spying" stuff is all nonsense. However for Sports games I will have to say PS4 simply because of The Show. If you like baseball then you will find th4e best experience with Sony. We dont even know if there will be a baseball game on Xbox One. The other sports games are gonna end up being identical next gen as the consoles are very similar.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
First the "spying" stuff is all nonsense. However for Sports games I will have to say PS4 simply because of The Show. If you like baseball then you will find th4e best experience with Sony. We dont even know if there will be a baseball game on Xbox One. The other sports games are gonna end up being identical next gen as the consoles are very similar.
That's a big question to me is will there be any new exclusive sports games next gen? I haven't heard anything. The original xbox had inside drive and the ps3 has the show. If it's going to be the same next gen I'll probably just get a ps4 and stick with it.

I also read EA supposedly has exclusive content on the xbox one.

Last edited by celtics6; 08-16-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

As said above, PS4 if only to have a solid baseball game. Plus, I like buying used games and, unless something changed, it sounds like XB1 will not allow used games to be played.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
As said above, PS4 if only to have a solid baseball game. Plus, I like buying used games and, unless something changed, it sounds like XB1 will not allow used games to be played.
They do allow used games now.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I haven't played either console yet. But I will be getting a PS4.

I don't think there will be much of a difference. Just preference.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

PS 4 here, was really let down by MS due to their initial rules, some of which have now been reversed, and the mandatory Kinect purchase.

I'm not a huge "The Show" fan so that is not part of my reasoning.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

"Sports" gamers I think go PS4. Two words, The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »