Home

Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out.

This is a discussion on Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
but why would Sony release a game that is so poor online? It doesn't seem that they put as much effort into the online portion of the game.

That doesn't happen with Xbox games. You can be sure that any major title released by Xbox is going to have a seamless online experience.
Who cares about online baseball? Really? It's really one of the only sports games that the AI provides enough of a challenge. Again, The Show issues are nit PSN related. I was just pointing that out since you used it as a basis for stating xbl is better than psn.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 06-13-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 01:13 AM   #26
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Who cares about online baseball? Really?

I do. 90 percent of my sports gaming is online.

Quote:
Again, The Show issues are nit PSN related. I was just pointing that out since you used it as a basis for stating xbl is better than psn.

Whatever the cause, they clearly didn't make online a priority when creating the game. That doesn't happen with Xbox titles.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:50 AM   #27
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

OVR: 0

I think I am going with the PS4, the glory days of playing my real life friends in Madden have been over for a while now because I don't buy Madden anymore and the only other sports game I really play online is NBA 2K but I like to play that offline mostly. Even with next gen it looks like I won't be buying Madden for another 2-3 years if ever again. So I might as well by the system with the games I like most which is PS4.

Last edited by Mike Lowery; 06-13-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #28
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

PS4 is my go to console this gen, but am really starting to enjoy the Xbox One a lot more. For months it felt like a $500 paperweight, but that has changed quite a bit.

I also must mention how much I enjoy the voice controls now - as a father of a 6 month old, it is so nice to be able to say Xbox got to app, select 1, volume up or pause - good stuff.

I still enjoy the Sony exclusives a lot more, the user interface simplicity more, but the old Xbox is finding its niche in our home.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #29
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Mike Lowery?

PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 06-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #30
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
My delima, last year near the launch of the new consoles I told my best friend I was getting an XboxONE, but I never did end up getting one. He ended up getting the XboxONE for Christmas most because I said I was getting one and we love to play sports games together.
But at the same time I like the PS4's exclusives better, Uncharted, The Last of Us, The Order. And the only XboxONE exclusive I like is Quantum Break. So I have to choose between my best friend (whos stays out of state) or the console I prefer.
You would have more fun playing with your friend than playing the PS4 in another room. You could always get the PS4 when the price get lowered. It only 3 exclusives that really does not have no replay ability after you beat it. Your gonna have more fun playing with him than by yourself.

I'm choosing the PS4 because I like the exclusives and most of my friends have it already(so playing it is gonna be a lot more fun than doing it by myself).

But if you like the Exclusives that much then get a PS4 instead and have fun playing it.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
PS4 is my go to console this gen, but am really starting to enjoy the Xbox One a lot more. For months it felt like a $500 paperweight, but that has changed quite a bit.

I also must mention how much I enjoy the voice controls now - as a father of a 6 month old, it is so nice to be able to say Xbox got to app, select 1, volume up or pause - good stuff.

I still enjoy the Sony exclusives a lot more, the user interface simplicity more, but the old Xbox is finding its niche in our home.
Pretty much how I feel about my One.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #32
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

It all depends what your looking for, in terms of game exclusives right now xb1 has that in the bag at this point, if graphics and resolution is something of importance I heard ps4 runs 1080 p and xb1 runs 720p, if you do a lot of streaming (Netflix, hulu, WWE network) I think both systems are even in that regard

I'm not sure ps4 has this but if you want to have your cable box plugged into your system and not have to swap between inputs xbox1 is a good option

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »