Home

Microsoft E3 2018 Discussion

This is a discussion on Microsoft E3 2018 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 05:38 AM   #33
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Microsoft E3 2018 Discussion

Phil Spencer, this guy just rubs me the wrong way. He's like the CNN of video gaming. I'll leave it at that.

On to what I saw. Microsoft left me unimpressed so far. 90% of what they showed off looked like cartoon-ish kids games and the ones that caught my eye will be on both consoles. I saw nothing from them that has me thinking , man I can't wait for that game!!!. Yes I like Halo , Gears , and Horizon but I was hoping for something new. How many years in a row can we get excited for these games? I no longer can, I'll play them but I'm in no hurry, That final game Cyber Punk 2077 looked like it has potential but again it's on both consoles.

The positives: Game Pass they did step it up here offering several exclusive games on day one. The other positive for the Xbox is EA Access. I love the One X I'm just getting a bit miffed that their exclusives are just new versions of the same games we've been playing for years. Gears 5 , Halo one million , Forza 50 , come on MS , step it up.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Gears 5 I really liked what I saw. Crackdown 3 looked a lot better but other than that everything else I'd be interested in is multiplat. The gaining of those studios under their umbrella is a great grab so hopefully, that helps but they do a lot of things that just irritate me. I walked away thinking average at best.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #35
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Phil Spencer, this guy just rubs me the wrong way. He's like the CNN of video gaming. I'll leave it at that.

On to what I saw. Microsoft left me unimpressed so far. 90% of what they showed off looked like cartoon-ish kids games and the ones that caught my eye will be on both consoles. I saw nothing from them that has me thinking , man I can't wait for that game!!!. Yes I like Halo , Gears , and Horizon but I was hoping for something new. How many years in a row can we get excited for these games? I no longer can, I'll play them but I'm in no hurry, That final game Cyber Punk 2077 looked like it has potential but again it's on both consoles.

The positives: Game Pass they did step it up here offering several exclusive games on day one. The other positive for the Xbox is EA Access. I love the One X I'm just getting a bit miffed that their exclusives are just new versions of the same games we've been playing for years. Gears 5 , Halo one million , Forza 50 , come on MS , step it up.
They (probably) have secret games in the mix...they're adding new studios. Just takes time to fix the lack of awesome first party games, they can't solve it immediately.

I like Phil though...I feel he seems authentic and really cares about what he's doing. He's not just some corporate stooge like you feel a lot of companies have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #36
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Horizon 4 looks absolutely amazing. My plan was to just keep playing 3 until I got 4 on sale but there is no way I can hold off after what they showed.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #37
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle14
Gears 5 looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Oh yeah. The campaign is always great. I’m just hoping they overhaul horde mode. Was not a fan of what they did to it for gears 4.

Last edited by ricky24; 06-11-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #38
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Now that Microsoft has officially acquired undead labs I would love for them to take the guts of SOD2 and make a legit zombie survival coop game you can play online with friends on dedicated servers. SOD2 is fun coop but it’s not an ideal situation at all.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #39
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Now that Microsoft has officially acquired undead labs I would love for them to take the guts of SOD2 and make a legit zombie survival coop game you can play online with friends on dedicated servers. SOD2 is fun coop but it’s not an ideal situation at all.
I would imagine they're going to keep pushing the SoD franchise so you'll probably get something...maybe a separate multiplayer version along with SoD3? or one game that has both?
Old 06-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #40
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

With the studio acquisitions, the volume of games, tease of Xbox Scarlet and the streaming work they're doing and the continued improvements / adoption of the Game Pass system I thought this was one of the better press conferences this generation. A lot to look forward to, short and long term.

Between that and EA's Origin Access Premiere and Madden coming to PC this has been a pretty fantastic E3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »