Home

New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

This is a discussion on New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
About Trade ins: I stopped into Game Stop this past weekend. I asked about trade in prices on my Xbox One X , It's a Project Scorpio Edition (if that means anything) they said $250.00 store credit , $200.00 cash. They also said it would be significantly less by the time the PS5 launches. They said I might get the $250.00 in trade for a PS5 if the pre orders become available soon , but they still have no date for that.

So I put my X up on the Facebook market place for $350.00 with two controllers. Had a few people express interest but no sale yet. May have to drop it to $300.00. I want to unload this console now while it still has some value.
I traded in my Xbox One X today to GameStop for $250 credit. Up to $650 total credit with GameStop. Two years after launch, just in case Microsoft announces a price drop at XO19, it was just too good of a deal to pass up. Now if only I could get $200 for my original Switch, that would be gone too!!! LOL.

Once I trade in AC Odyssey, The Outer Worlds, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, COD MW and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order by year's end, I should be at around $750-$800. Will easily be at $1000 by the time Sony and Microsoft allow pre-orders. Next gen baby!!! Whoooo!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #66
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
I traded in my Xbox One X today to GameStop for $250 credit. Up to $650 total credit with GameStop. Two years after launch, just in case Microsoft announces a price drop at XO19, it was just too good of a deal to pass up. Now if only I could get $200 for my original Switch, that would be gone too!!! LOL.

Once I trade in AC Odyssey, The Outer Worlds, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, COD MW and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order by year's end, I should be at around $750-$800. Will easily be at $1000 by the time Sony and Microsoft allow pre-orders. Next gen baby!!! Whoooo!!!
Cool but never buy the first release. It always gets gets upgraded and cheaper shortly after release with more disk space and the console gets smaller.

Thats just me but i know some can resist getting it right away. I never do.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 10-27-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:51 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Cool but never buy teh first release. It always gets upgraded ad cheaper shortly after release with more disk space and the console gets smaller.

Thats just me but i know some can resist getting the right away. I never do.
True and I agree but when Sony released the PS4 Slim, it was 34 months later. Two months short of three years after it originally released. Honestly, im not waiting three years. First and foremost, I don't want to wait. Second, the current generation will be pretty much done for me and time to move on. Third, if I was to wait three years, I would probably have a 20+ game backlog minimum and that would be horrible. Also, price wise, the difference was only $100 three years later. Just not going to wait.

For PlayStation 5, listed below are the following games that im expecting to be released for PlayStation 5 exclusively or a cross-gen multi-platform game at launch -

- Assassin's Creed Ragnarok (Ubisoft)
- Batman: Arkham Legacy (WB Games)
- Battlefield 6 (EA)
- Call of Duty 2020 (Activision)
- Demon's Souls Remake (Sony/PS5 exclusive)
- Dying Light 2 (PS4/Xbox One Spring 2020, next gen launch title)
- Ghost of Tsushima (Sony/cross gen)
- Killzone 5 or new FPS IP (Sony/PS5 exclusive)
- Ratchet & Clank 2 (Sony/PS5 exclusive)
- TLOUP2 Online Multi-Player (Sony/cross-gen)
- Watch Dogs Legion (Ubisoft/cross-gen)

That's 10 games alone not including a few Scarlett/Xbox One exclusives, the sports games and first party titles that get a next gen update for day one via backwards compatibility.

Out of that list, I can guarantee that im day one for six of them for PlayStation 5. My list doesn't even include digital only titles, AA titles or other games like Bethesda's Ghostwire Tokyo from Tango Gameworks.

Fall 2020 with next gen could very be the biggest and most packed lineup of all time. Could a game or two get delayed to Q1 2021 (January/February/March)? Absolutely but even then, you're talking about a ton of games within a six month period.

And again, this doesn't include the exclusives/cross gen Scarlett/Xbox One titles which could be as many as five for me. Or a new Switch Pro (which is all but guaranteed at this point) and Switch titles that get released in a year from now.

I literally hate having a backlog and thankfully, I only have a few games left for this generation that I actually want to play through and complete.

Point being is that I should be all evened out once next gen starts and thus, no reason for me to wait especially when im super hyped for it and a few of those titles (GOT, AC Ragnarok, DL2) are some of my most anticipated and will be dying to play day one on next gen hardware.

Sorry for the long post but im definitely super hyped and looking forward to the next generation of gaming so no way am I waiting. Hehe.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:11 PM   #68
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
True and I agree but when Sony released the PS4 Slim, it was 34 months later. Two months short of three years after it originally released. Honestly, im not waiting three years. First and foremost, I don't want to wait. Second, the current generation will be pretty much done for me and time to move on. Third, if I was to wait three years, I would probably have a 20+ game backlog minimum and that would be horrible. Also, price wise, the difference was only $100 three years later. Just not going to wait.

For PlayStation 5, listed below are the following games that im expecting to be released for PlayStation 5 exclusively or a cross-gen multi-platform game at launch -

- Assassin's Creed Ragnarok (Ubisoft)
- Batman: Arkham Legacy (WB Games)
- Battlefield 6 (EA)
- Call of Duty 2020 (Activision)
- Demon's Souls Remake (Sony/PS5 exclusive)
- Dying Light 2 (PS4/Xbox One Spring 2020, next gen launch title)
- Ghost of Tsushima (Sony/cross gen)
- Killzone 5 or new FPS IP (Sony/PS5 exclusive)
- Ratchet & Clank 2 (Sony/PS5 exclusive)
- TLOUP2 Online Multi-Player (Sony/cross-gen)
- Watch Dogs Legion (Ubisoft/cross-gen)

That's 10 games alone not including a few Scarlett/Xbox One exclusives, the sports games and first party titles that get a next gen update for day one via backwards compatibility.

Out of that list, I can guarantee that im day one for six of them for PlayStation 5. My list doesn't even include digital only titles, AA titles or other games like Bethesda's Ghostwire Tokyo from Tango Gameworks.

Fall 2020 with next gen could very be the biggest and most packed lineup of all time. Could a game or two get delayed to Q1 2021 (January/February/March)? Absolutely but even then, you're talking about a ton of games within a six month period.

And again, this doesn't include the exclusives/cross gen Scarlett/Xbox One titles which could be as many as five for me. Or a new Switch Pro (which is all but guaranteed at this point) and Switch titles that get released in a year from now.

I literally hate having a backlog and thankfully, I only have a few games left for this generation that I actually want to play through and complete.

Point being is that I should be all evened out once next gen starts and thus, no reason for me to wait especially when im super hyped for it and a few of those titles (GOT, AC Ragnarok, DL2) are some of my most anticipated and will be dying to play day one on next gen hardware.

Sorry for the long post but im definitely super hyped and looking forward to the next generation of gaming so no way am I waiting. Hehe.
Didn't realize it was 34 months later. Didn't seem like it was that long. Actually can't believe it was that long lol. Seems it wasn't that long they came out with more storage on them.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:52 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Didn't realize it was 34 months later. Didn't seem like it was that long. Actually can't believe it was that long lol. Seems it wasn't that long they came out with more storage on them.

Yeah, PS4 Slim was released in September 2016 after Sony had that press event that revealed the Slim and Pro models. The Pro model was released in November 2016.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:42 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Yeah I'm not waiting 2-3 years. If I'm waiting, its because I'm not sure if the first wave or two of consoles might have technical issues. I really don't believe either consoles should have a Pro version. If it is as powerful as they are boasting, then there shouldn't be a need to upgrade. This past generation of consoles were held down by CPU/GPU. It doesn't seem like we have to worry about that. If they want to do the slim version that has better performance, then that is good for those who wants that. I just want to buy one console for next generation. I believe that the Pro versions almost takes a little away from next generation. While we will probably get more native 4k and possibly 120 FPS games, imagine the jump if we didn't get the upgrade mid gen. The jump to next generation would seem so much more greater if we had to stick with base models.

I'm torn because I can wait, but I'm also excited for the future of gaming. My backlog is complete. I want to buy 2k when it goes on sale. But as far as next year, I'm willing to miss out on all the games next year. Just in case launch titles aren't to my liking, I can still play some games on next gen consoles with possible performance boost. A good launch title would really help though. I feel like I could play 2k for like 3-4 months and then trade in pro console and base model in for a store credit trade in version. Only thing is that I still would have my Gamefly account active. So I might just cancel it for a year and bring it back around launch time. With my infant, I barely have much time to play anyway. So next year, I should be good
Old 10-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #71
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yeah I'm not waiting 2-3 years. If I'm waiting, its because I'm not sure if the first wave or two of consoles might have technical issues. I really don't believe either consoles should have a Pro version. If it is as powerful as they are boasting, then there shouldn't be a need to upgrade. This past generation of consoles were held down by CPU/GPU. It doesn't seem like we have to worry about that. If they want to do the slim version that has better performance, then that is good for those who wants that. I just want to buy one console for next generation. I believe that the Pro versions almost takes a little away from next generation. While we will probably get more native 4k and possibly 120 FPS games, imagine the jump if we didn't get the upgrade mid gen. The jump to next generation would seem so much more greater if we had to stick with base models.

I'm torn because I can wait, but I'm also excited for the future of gaming. My backlog is complete. I want to buy 2k when it goes on sale. But as far as next year, I'm willing to miss out on all the games next year. Just in case launch titles aren't to my liking, I can still play some games on next gen consoles with possible performance boost. A good launch title would really help though. I feel like I could play 2k for like 3-4 months and then trade in pro console and base model in for a store credit trade in version. Only thing is that I still would have my Gamefly account active. So I might just cancel it for a year and bring it back around launch time. With my infant, I barely have much time to play anyway. So next year, I should be good

I waited until the Slim/right before the Pro came out to pick up a PS4 this gen. I'd rather put that money into a solid computer and then just swoop in a little later for cheap exclusives like a Persona.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Cancelled my Gamefly account for now. Looking ahead, I can wait until I get PS5 to play the games that come out next year. By not paying for 12 months, I will save $200+. Looking around, Gamestop has the best trade in value for consoles. While I don't want to trust Game Stop, other places aren't possibly giving as much for store credit. As I checked, they are offering $200 store credit for Pro and $140 Base model. While I don't know if that is for non Pro members, but that seems like a good trade in. If I can get over $300 for both consoles combined, plus saving $200 from canceling Gamefly for a year. That would potentially pay for new console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »