Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2015, 05:22 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15)

Lol at people here thinking Nelson Cruz should be Diamond...

His DH defense won't allow him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #26
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
Lol at people here thinking Nelson Cruz should be Diamond...

His DH defense won't allow him
Go into the roster editor and see what it would take to get him to 93. It's honestly not a far fetched amount. The Show overall does not equal real life player value. If you get his offensive ratings to where his 2015 splits show he could be a 93. That is the argument. Not that he deserves to be called a diamond quality player, but a diamond quality player in terms of The Show's rating system.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:16 AM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Go into the roster editor and see what it would take to get him to 93. It's honestly not a far fetched amount. The Show overall does not equal real life player value. If you get his offensive ratings to where his 2015 splits show he could be a 93. That is the argument. Not that he deserves to be called a diamond quality player, but a diamond quality player in terms of The Show's rating system.
Why should his ratings be up to exactly 2 month 2015 splits? Miguel Cabrera has been doing it for a decade
Old 06-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #28
Pro

Joc Pederson is now overall 83!

62,60, 90, 82 power!

Meaning there's no need to sub him out against lefties now!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:59 AM   #29
Rookie

djeternal2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
To be fair some of the Royals players in the top all star voting are putting up numbers up there with the highly rated players in The Show. Moustakas and Hosmer for instance are on pace for a 5-6 fWAR seasons. Perez I still do not get why fans are voting for him (Yes I get the Royals bandwagon argument) when you have catchers like Vogt and Russell on the ballot.
Well the argument that was used was All Star voting which imo is ridiculous. Now if you want to make the case using actual statistics that the players are putting up that's a completely different story.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #30
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Goldschmidt did go up. I'm actually surprised that happened. I bought him two days ago for 19k so that may have been my best move so far. None of the pitchers went to diamond but kluber went up two spots. I sucked with him my first time using him but I'm tempted to try again. I don't know what sonny Gray has to do to get an upgrade but it's ridiculous.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #31
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
Why should his ratings be up to exactly 2 month 2015 splits? Miguel Cabrera has been doing it for a decade
No one was arguing he should be rated at what Miggy is. They just said that if Miggy can be a bat first player and be a 99, why can't Cruz be one and be at least a 93. Miggy is rated 99, likely above 99 based on what the devs have said in the past regarding how the overall rating is calculated.

If you look at the ratings increases/decreases this year there have been plenty of players who got significant upgrades when their track record is questionable. Look at Kipnis and how offensively is is basically rated the save vs RHP as Cano. Yet Kipnis put up less than replacement value in 2014 and Cano has been an MVP candidate throughout his career.

The ratings increases lately though have been pretty lackluster and conservative so I don't expect any movement on Cruz or many of the other players everyone and myself as well have been saying could go up. It's why I don't "invest" in cards since the profits aren't guaranteed like other methods of making stub profit.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 06-08-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #32
MVP

ph33's Arena

Apparently, Betances will never be upgraded!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »