Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15)

Another week is almost wrapped up in Diamond Dynasty, and the biggest thing that happened over the weekend was that the May Topps 50 card pack was released. It didn't impact the marketplace too heavily, which I'm sure made some happy and others not so much. Nevertheless, it's time to look ahead once again and try to predict who might be getting a ratings boost Monday morning.

I'll be breaking the predictions into tiers based on my own confidence level.

Ratings Boost Probability: High

-A.J. Pollock - After a slow start, Pollock has had an unbelievable turnaround. On top of hitting .340 over the last month, he has nine stolen bases and six home runs. Mark Trumbo was just traded as well so that just clears up even more space for Pollock. In other words, Pollock is now bonified in Arizona.

-Billy Burns - Burns has put in work as well over the last month. He's not hitting for as much power as Pollock, but he's got the average and steals to go along with a very low rating right now in The Show.

-Sonny Gray - Gray is young, he's top 10 in just about every pitching category out there and has only received a plus-one boost to this point in the season.

-Gerrit Cole - Everything I said about Gray also applies to Cole. His boost was a more aggressive plus-four, but he's still got room to be improved as he's probably the top pitcher in the NL so far.

-Mark Melancon - Melancon was a mess early in the year, but he's bounced back and should at least get back the ratings points he lost earlier in the year.

-Carlos Martinez - Cardinals players are getting love almost every week, but Martinez probably deserves to join the party as he's dominated over the last month. It also probably helps he was downgraded earlier in the season.

-Dallas Keuchel - Keuchel's peripheral stats are not as impressive as those of Cole and Gray (that groundball rate though!), but he's still doing amazing work this season. He's become a Gold already, but he's still got room to grow based on how he's pitching.

-Brian Dozier - He was in the May Topps 50 pack for top performers; he's top 20 in WAR; and he's just good so it's time to make him a Gold.

-Joc Pederson - Pederson hit some insane moonballs this week and just keeps chugging along.

Read More - Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15)
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15)

Do you think Dellin Betances gets a boost, or gets left alone because he's merely a relief pitcher?

Wade Davis got a boost, and deservedly, he's having a fine year. But I mean, up until this week, Betances hadn't allowed A SINGLE RUN!
Old 06-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #3
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Will this finally be the week Greinke goes diamond with one more overall point? He seems like the best candidate to me although people seem to want Bumgarner even though his stats aren't as good as Greinke's.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
Rookie

I agree with your choices. I think Rosenthal is a great candidate to get a bump up this Monday. I also believe Rizzo is on his way to being Diamond soon.

What will happen to Bryce Harper's price once his primary position is corrected to show RF? 40k-50k?
Old 06-07-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal
I agree with your choices. I think Rosenthal is a great candidate to get a bump up this Monday. I also believe Rizzo is on his way to being Diamond soon.

What will happen to Bryce Harper's price once his primary position is corrected to show RF? 40k-50k?
If Harper is moved to RF he will actually go down to Gold. They would have to up or modify his ratings with the move to keep him at 94. If he is moved to RF and they increase his hit ratings to keep him diamond than I can see him increasing unless not enough people dig that deep into the ratings. Many may assume he's the same 94 rated player, just in RF now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If Harper is moved to RF he will actually go down to Gold. They would have to up or modify his ratings with the move to keep him at 94. If he is moved to RF and they increase his hit ratings to keep him diamond than I can see him increasing unless not enough people dig that deep into the ratings. Many may assume he's the same 94 rated player, just in RF now.
Why would he go down because of a position change?
Old 06-07-2015, 03:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal
Why would he go down because of a position change?
Overalls in The Show are calculated by position. A 99 wouldn't necessarily mean a player is the best in all of MLB, it would mean he's the best at his respective position.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Overalls in The Show are calculated by position. A 99 wouldn't necessarily mean a player is the best in all of MLB, it would mean he's the best at his respective position.
But he would be the best at his position in RF also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »