Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 11:15 AM   #6377
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
I wanna test the new pitching and see what that consistency looks like.

I can live with the hitting. I think they need more hit variety and P/P needs rewarded more but I think hitting is ok.

It's the intersect of good input pitches being pulled into the middle of the zone and getting blasted that makes hitting feel worse. Throw good pitches that get magnetized then it feels worse when you're lining out.
That's a fair point - it does feel terrible when I strike out an opponent 15 times, but give up 3 hits total, but lose on 2 late timing HRs on well timed and located pitches.

My hitting timing fluctuates constantly, and it's not due to difficulty because I experience the same challenges across all levels. Sometimes I'm reading pitches out of the hand and other times I'm losing the pitch on the way to plate and just hoping I hit it. I've been above 800 every season, but don't know how to maintain consistency at the plate to get to 900 regularly.

Last edited by sbmnky; 02-16-2021 at 11:16 AM. Reason: phrasing
Old 02-16-2021, 11:18 AM   #6378
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
I know it's the end of the cycle and the tech test is next week, but I'm getting burned out. I was grinding for another WS run, but just ran into unlucky (?) games. I think I went 1-4 in my last 5 and the most I lost by was 2 runs. I didn't feel like I was getting rewarded for good swings - for example, I'd be on the early side of "good" timing with 12-14 PCI placement (from batter analysis) and the ball would die at the warning track in Shippett. I gave up 2x 2-run homers on late swings. I still don't understand what the ideal swing in the game is...

That's the thing I'm most excited about with the tech test; how different is hitting in 21 (I know, not a finished product) from 20. I didn't play DD before this year, but it sounds like hitting (meta!) changes yearly.

Really enjoyed the event tho - I wish all events were Legend. Made it to 50 wins and took Nen.
I would never play event if it was all legend. I'm generally not a patient hitter. I know if you force people to throw strikes its to your benefit... But I have like 45 mins to play and I like to get to it, I feel the event is perfect for that. I did determine on legend of you guess a pitch and guess a spot, then you're good. At least me... I can't react on legend. On all star and even hof to some extent I can react. Legend I cannot. I played like 5 games and none of them had offense. I just didn't have fun so went back to ranked.

I Def have moods where I'm more patient but other moods where I just wanna rush
Old 02-16-2021, 01:56 PM   #6379
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
I would never play event if it was all legend. I'm generally not a patient hitter. I know if you force people to throw strikes its to your benefit... But I have like 45 mins to play and I like to get to it, I feel the event is perfect for that. I did determine on legend of you guess a pitch and guess a spot, then you're good. At least me... I can't react on legend. On all star and even hof to some extent I can react. Legend I cannot. I played like 5 games and none of them had offense. I just didn't have fun so went back to ranked.

I Def have moods where I'm more patient but other moods where I just wanna rush
I can't argue that point, especially with limited time. I'm impatient when I have a limited time, too.

I know it's not realistic to play casually at that difficulty; I just enjoy it more than All-Star.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #6380
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

They added 3 rewind packs to the event, so of course I have to try for Goose. Got to the first one, no Goose and I picked Benito Santiago. I started off well, had to take a screenshot when I was #6 on the leaderboard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8DC3D2CD-66FE-4606-B90E-E7B8FA0E5D6F.jpeg (118.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-18-2021, 03:16 PM   #6381
MVP

Put in a million dollar buy order for Bregman b/c why not...I'm still waiting on Chipper from 12/15 which im likely not getting.

Wonder what we'll get with the very last event....will that be finally the wander franco, rustchman cards?

I have no desire to play event for this josh bell card.

All the other million dollar cards have to many orders in already.

I start freeman at 3rd then sub in salv perez for him ifa lefty is pitching and flip fox and salvy (3b/c)..guess I can platoon bregman with freeman if i don't suck with him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2021, 03:45 PM   #6382
MVP

papadell's Arena

They always have to save some kind of content for the next game so it wouldn't shock me if the big FS cards don't get seen until 21.

Finally downloaded the Insider Hub to see if I got in on the tech test for xbox and I did. Obviously won't be able to discuss anything here once it starts but I'm very excited to hop in and just feel the game on Xbox. Maybe it feels exactly the same but it's still a little surreal being able to play on Xbox.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:25 PM   #6383
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
They always have to save some kind of content for the next game so it wouldn't shock me if the big FS cards don't get seen until 21.

Finally downloaded the Insider Hub to see if I got in on the tech test for xbox and I did. Obviously won't be able to discuss anything here once it starts but I'm very excited to hop in and just feel the game on Xbox. Maybe it feels exactly the same but it's still a little surreal being able to play on Xbox.
whats the insider hub? i would like to see if im on the list for the xbox as well
Old 02-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #6384
MVP

papadell's Arena

It's a free app on the Xbox store. You have to download it to access the tech test if you were selected.

You have to join the Xbox Insider program. It's free and you don't have to actually do anything really. It just gives you access to the app. Download, sign up and you'll see it in the menu somewhere if you were selected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »