Home

Coaching Career of James Frizzell (ESPN College Hoops 2K4)

This is a discussion on Coaching Career of James Frizzell (ESPN College Hoops 2K4) within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
NCAA Play In Game Result

Alabama State 67
Florida A&M 88

- Florida A&M Rattlers advance
Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Panthers Feel Slighted At Tournament Seeding

High Point, NC - The NCAA Tournament brackets came out today and it was announced that the High Point Panthers would be placed in the East Regional. Sounds great, right? Not so fast. The Panthers were given a #16 seed in the tournament, even with their 20-8 record. Coach Frizzell was livid about the seeding. "A 16th seed! We won 20 games for crying out loud! We have to play Duke now since the selection committee sucks so much! I know we were in a relatively weak conference, but a 16th seed is preposterous!"
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #75
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coaching Career of James Frizzell (ESPN College Hoops 2K4)

That sucks but maybe you could pull off the upset. Congragulations on making the it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #76
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Panthers Feel Slighted At Tournament Seeding

High Point, NC - The NCAA Tournament brackets came out today and it was announced that the High Point Panthers would be placed in the East Regional. Sounds great, right? Not so fast. The Panthers were given a #16 seed in the tournament, even with their 20-8 record. Coach Frizzell was livid about the seeding. "A 16th seed! We won 20 games for crying out loud! We have to play Duke now since the selection committee sucks so much! I know we were in a relatively weak conference, but a 16th seed is preposterous!"
The NCAA will stick you with a Big XII crew of officials just to spite you for those remarks.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan85
That sucks but maybe you could pull off the upset. Congragulations on making the it though.
Thanks. I will have to investigate who the teams above me are. I know I did not beat anyone good, but I tend to doubt I should be given a #16 seed. At least I was not in the play in game, so I got one of the top #16 seeds.

I'll try to pull off the upset!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUPiper
The NCAA will stick you with a Big XII crew of officials just to spite you for those remarks.
Haha! Coach Frizzell may not be done complaining either. We'll see.

Thanks for following as well!

Also, just to let you all know, all my names of the players are auto-named, so you will not recognize the All-Americans. However, guys like J.J. Redick and Hakeem Warrick were on there.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

NCAA Tournament Round 1 - #16 High Point (20-8) vs. #1 Duke (25-5)

Blue Devils Trounce Panthers 91-59 to Advance in NCAA Tournament

Buffalo, NY - Coach Frizzell and his High Point Panthers traveled the farthest north they have traveled this season as they visited Canisius University in Buffalo, New York, where they would play the #1 seeded Duke Blue Devils. Coach Frizzell had complained about the #16 seeding they had received ever since they had gotten it and even complained about it an hour before the game to a CBS Sports reporter. He also ranted in the pregame press conference earlier that morning as he called the NCAA Selection Committee "a bunch of drunked bastards who don't know what they're doing" amid other snide remarks. The NCAA is looking into possibily fining Coach Frizzell over the incident.

So, this was Coach Frizzell's chance to show the world that he was right and that his team did indeed deserve a higher seeding in the Big Dance. The game started out with an 8-0 Duke run early on. Duke would go into the locker room with a 13 point lead, as the score was 39-26. Things got interesting early in the second half as High Point got on a bit of a run, eventually getting within 5 as the score sat at 45-40 early in the second half. Then, Duke lit it up as they pulled out to a lead of 10 points, then 20, and eventually 30 points as they scored 52 points in the 2nd half alone to go on and defeat the High Point Panthers 91-59. The Blue Devils outscored the Panthers 52-33 in the 2nd half leading to the victory and advancing them to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Two Panthers played their final games of there careers tonight. Alex Allen, who was the Big South Tournament MVP, finished off his fine career with 12 points and 7 rebounds to go along with an assist, a steal, and three blocks, a worthy performance in his final game in a High Point uniform. Small Forward Demon Conklin played his final game of his career as well. Conklin scored 8 points, grabbed a rebound, dished out an assists, and recorded a steal in his final game in a High Point uniform. He hit two shoots from three point range in the game. Both seniors had good nights tonight; unfortunately, the Panthers did not win the game.

Coach Frizzell was humiliated about the loss as he stormed off the court following the game. We caught up with him a few hours later and he was very sad and angry about the performance. "I thought we were better than that! I thought we could put up a fight and not lose by 32! Apparently, we can't and we aren't that good at all! We suck! I feel really bad for the seniors on this team who played their final games. Alex Allen and Demon Conklin both had fine games tonight and great careers. It's a shame that the rest of the team played like crap and didn't give our seniors much a chance. I am tired of this underperforming..." Coach Frizzell went on ranting, but had nothing more worthwhile to say.

The High Point Panthers finish off the season with a 20-9 record and a 12-4 record in Big South Conference play. Coach Frizzell's first season must be considered a success as the Panthers did win the Big South Regular Season Championship as well as the Big South Conference Tournament Championship along with the trip to the NCAA Tournament, even if it did end in a 32 point rout by Duke.

Code:
                     1st  2nd  OT  Final
High Point            26   33  --   59
Duke                  39   52  --   91

Panthers    Blue Devils
Field Goals       23/60          36/66
FG Percentage      .383           .545
3 Pointers         4/16           5/15
3 Pt. Percentage   .250           .333
Free Throws        9/11          14/22
FT Percentage      .818           .636
Assists              11             15
Turnovers            15             11
Team Fouls           17             12
Total Rebounds       30             40
Offensive Rebounds    7             10
Defensive Rebounds   23             30
Steals                6              6
Blocks                6              5
Paint Points         32             58
Bench Points         22             39
2nd Chance Points     7              8
Fast Break Points    12              4
High Point Leaders
SG, Damon Carlisle - 9 points, 4 assists
SF, Vince Hodge - 10 points, 4 rebounds
SF, Demon Conklin - 8 points
C, Alex Allen - 12 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks

Streak: Lost 1

Record: 20-9 (12-4)

Home Record: 11-2

Away Record: 9-6

Neutral Record: 0-1

Next Game: End of Season
Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #80
All Star

doncoryell's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Tournament Round 1 - #16 High Point (20-8) vs. #1 Duke (25-5)

Wow was Coach Frizzell lit (in more ways than one probably)!!!

I only get fined (so far) for complaining about the officiating. Coach Frizzell needs to keep off the "sauce" for a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »