Home

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2024, 11:57 AM   #177
Pro

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

Imagine, too, if a part of Arch Manning or any other player not opting in means that said last name or both names in any case will ever be recorded / heard in the game, ever. How many other kids with the last name Manning are going to hold a deep seeded grudge against him?
Old 03-06-2024, 12:58 PM   #178
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

While you can technically trademark a last name, or attempt to, the Mannings have not done that. Arch opting out would not keep EA from having the name Manning be in the game. There are other current players with the last name, and if they opt in, EA will have free use to have the name be a recorded line in the game. Even if they don't opt in, EA would have legal use to the last name.

― Plato
Old 03-06-2024, 04:25 PM   #179
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I wonder if EA is going to reuse Madden’s QB throwing motions, or add in some truly unique looking generics. I’d love to give my Road To Glory QB a big slow Byron Leftwich like windup but an absolute cannon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2024, 04:50 PM   #180
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I wonder if EA is going to reuse Madden’s QB throwing motions, or add in some truly unique looking generics. I’d love to give my Road To Glory QB a big slow Byron Leftwich like windup but an absolute cannon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do hope so. Not sure if running styles are in Madden, but I would like to have the Isaiah Pacheco running style for my Power RB
Old 03-07-2024, 03:38 AM   #181
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
That's what I was saying, One Team Partners actually has no real deal to represent the collective. They just showed up and , along with EA, said if you want to opt in to CFB, you go through us. We are your representative in dealing with EA.

I keep looking for the people who are supposed to be claiming that but I cannot locate them. In any event, anyone who does claim that, is irrelevant.
You are misunderstanding what OneTeam Partners is. EA is paying them to represent EA and get all the paperwork for the players who are opting in. They are probably creating the list of players to be ambassadors and getting EA to approve that and the contracts.

They are not representing the players. They do represent individual players, but not in this case. The players will have their own agents review the contract. The fact that EA and OneTeam sent a contract to all the players for $600 only means they were paid to do that. They were consulted, ran some numbers, and came to an agreement that $600 was the right number to offer the players. If you already know you will pay $600, you want a simplified way to contract will all the players. The best way for EA to do that is to pay a 3rd party to do it for them or work with the conferences and have them do it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2024, 08:59 PM   #182
Rookie

jangotangos's Arena

OVR: 5

What about non-current/active college football players? If they don't "opt in" will we not be able to create them?
Old 03-07-2024, 10:07 PM   #183
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Wink Re: Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
You are misunderstanding what OneTeam Partners is. EA is paying them to represent EA and get all the paperwork for the players who are opting in. They are probably creating the list of players to be ambassadors and getting EA to approve that and the contracts.

They are not representing the players. They do represent individual players, but not in this case. The players will have their own agents review the contract. The fact that EA and OneTeam sent a contract to all the players for $600 only means they were paid to do that. They were consulted, ran some numbers, and came to an agreement that $600 was the right number to offer the players. If you already know you will pay $600, you want a simplified way to contract will all the players. The best way for EA to do that is to pay a 3rd party to do it for them or work with the conferences and have them do it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I worded that poorly. It should have read EA's go-between representative. It's all semantics anyway :shrug:
Old 03-08-2024, 12:20 AM   #184
MVP

OVR: 2

i just wonder if we will be able to create players in game, should be able to and not share them. i mean if i wanted to i could make arch manning on madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »