Home

Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

This is a discussion on Recruiting strategies, tips, etc... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: inseason recruiting questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
You must have a lot of pipelines...I had ZERO 5 stars on my list...I got a 4 star LT and a 3 star FS.
to be clear, i meant there are only 11 5 stars total...i think i wentfor 4 of them?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:45 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 27
Re: inseason recruiting questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUSPartanPride
I used Nebraska, first year I went 6-5 and locked up 3 in-season guys. Second year I went 4-7 and locked up 2. I usually just give equal points out at the start, unless there is one guy I REALLY want and I will give him more.
Nebraska already has FL and CA as pipelines...I'm only through 6 games, but I'm pretty sure I'll atleast get two in-season guys...I've just been really focusing on the two or three guys I really want and stick with them.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

y the way. after u get a guy by goin big on em,. do u get those %s back to use on others the next week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 11:03 PM   #12
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer625
y the way. after u get a guy by goin big on em,. do u get those %s back to use on others the next week?
ya, wather its because he ocmmited or you just changed your mind on the guy.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:01 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Thanks for the STICKY here.... I plan to utilize it often!! lol
Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer625
Im usually good at recruiting, since it is easy as hell, but im not sure what to do with inseason recruiting. What kind of guys do you usually target, and how many do you land? Of what caliber are they? Do you balance it out or throw a ton of % at some? Does it matter if they are pipeline, like will that make them like you more from the beginning?

And a regular recruiting Q, does it cost less to recruit pipeline guys, or do they jsut liek you more from the beginning?
Well according to EA staying within your pipeline is the most effective way to recruit.

My strategy is generally to pin point the positions of highest need on your team. Last time I did it I was Duke just after ending a simmed RFTH. They had gone 0 and 11 the previous year and I actually wound up with the 68th ranked recruiting class during the offseason. The defense was actually rather good and so I decided to concentrate on offense. I even had a couple good young QBs to handle the load so I further concentrated my focus. So I was looking at HBs/WRs/TEs/OL and the generic ATH category. I then decided to just go after the top 12 guys at those positions who were in Duke's pipeline (NC, TN, and GA at the time). I wound up nabbing 4 solid commitments from a 4*, and 3 3* recruits during a season in which the team went 4-7.

As far as spreading out the points, during week 1 I just keep it about even across the board, I gave the few extra points to the top ranked guys I was going after. After that I would pump some extra points into guys who were losing interest in Duke while siphoning them away from guys that were liking my school. My goal was to keep Duke in the top 5 and then top 3 of the prospects schools. So If Duke was 6th I would try and give that recruit a couple extra points if I could spare them and hopefully make the cut for that prospect. Like I said worked pretty well and my team sucked and had a losing record. I think I got lucky because two of the guys were interested in academics and of course Duke has good Academic Prestige. But the theory seems to work and I will probably apply it to future dynasties...
Old 07-13-2005, 07:19 AM   #15
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

When do you get the chance to make pitches and invite recruits for "official visits"?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 08:04 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

I have heard that it is a little too easy to get 4 and 5 star recruits with low prestige teams so I am making a house rule for my dynasty:

House Rule for In-Season Recruiting
1-Star Program: Cannot target In-Season Recruits
2-Star Program: Can only target 3-Star Recruits
3-Star Program: Can only target 3 & 4-Star Recruits
4-Star Program: Can target any 3 or 4-Star Recruit. Can only target a 5-Star recruit if he is in a pipeline state.
5 & 6 Star Program: Can target anyone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »