Home

Dirty Disc Errors

This is a discussion on Dirty Disc Errors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Dirty Disc Errors

I have the same problem, ive already went through two 360s. One thing that helped me was turnign off the commentary.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Having same issue with only NCAA 08. Every other game runs fine. Its less than a week since release, i cant beleive they wont swap this for another game
Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
I had problems with DDE's, but I stopped leaving the disk in the tray overnight and put the game in when I was ready to play again. I haven't had a DDE in about 10 to 12 games now.
I have tried this as well and it seems to work. I really believe this is the problem. Can any of you who are experiencing the DDE take note of whether your game was already in the drive when you fired up your 360? If so, try ejecting the game and then starting again and see if you get a DDE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #12
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos17
I have tried this as well and it seems to work. I really believe this is the problem. Can any of you who are experiencing the DDE take note of whether your game was already in the drive when you fired up your 360? If so, try ejecting the game and then starting again and see if you get a DDE.
Interesting....I leave mine in after I am done playing and I am getting DDEs. I'll have to try taking it out after I"m done.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
Interesting....I leave mine in after I am done playing and I am getting DDEs. I'll have to try taking it out after I"m done.
i always leave the disc in the drive but i don't boot directly to the game, my 360 goes to the dashboard first. i'm removing the disc now to see if it happens again. however, i'd think handling the cd more and allowing the 360 to be opened more would just create more problems overall.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #14
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

I had a bunch of DDE the first day, took it back to Gamestop for another copy, and haven't had one since. I also always power on the system by opening the trey, and then load the game from the Dashboard. Someone told me that helped, though I don't know why it would. But so far, so good
Old 07-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #15
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Just last night for the first time I got a "dirty disc" error. My 360 hasn't had a problem on any other games. And I haven't taken my disc out since I bought the game last week, so I doubt it is dirty. I did check though, but it's clean.

So I don't know what to say.

EDIT: It did it again now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #16
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

This is hfar from from conclusive evidence, but I took my game out of the 360 yesterday and then a few hours later started the system and inserted the disc. I was able to play through two full dynasty games without a DDE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »