Home

Recruiting Coolness

This is a discussion on Recruiting Coolness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #17
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Recruiting Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Man I love the way they do recruiting now. I'm in my Illinois dynasty and I'm thinking man this is easy, got a few 5 star guys that LOVE me. No problem. I got the top OLB from Chicago who's all into me his clear top choice......and then he signs with Michigan.

In fact Michigan raided my cupboard. Took all my guys that had me at #1.

Since recruiting is week to week now it's more intimate to me. I know the players more, and it kills me to lose one. But even moreso you develop your rivalries even more with recruiting wars. Right now I have Michigan more than ever.

The one bit of good news for us the Illini is that we still have a shot with a 5* WR that soft verballed to Michigan but now has moved me back to his #1.

I just love the depth of recruiting this year, it's so much more immersive.

I also didn't know that these guys can change their star rating? I was recruiting a 3* OT that all of a sudden turned into a 4* at the end of the year. Am I seeing things?
Agreed on the getting to know players. You feel like you are actually recruiting people instead of a bunch of numbers.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:55 AM   #18
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
question: what happens if i ignore recruiting all together, will my assistants do it for me? will i still sign anyone, or anyone worth signing? does anyone know what happens or is there an option to do this?
If you have CPU assistance on then I assume they'd do the recruiting for you...But if you have it off then the CPU would fill the holes in your roster with walk-ons since you didn't offer anyone any scholarships.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:59 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

At first I thought "oh man this recruiting is going to take up too much time during the season" and thought it would be tedious. But unlike a lot of you, the more I got into my Dynasty the more I enjoyed recruiting. I don't see how you can say it's more tedious the more you do it because the more you do it the closer you are to signing recruits so the more intense the battle becomes.

I've just finished up season one (still have my bowl game to play) but have really, for the first time ever, enjoyed the heck out of recruiting, just as much as playing the actual game itself. I remember in week 8 or 9 when I landed my first 5 star athlete recruit, the feeling was so great! Great job on this EA, just wonderful!!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

The BATTLE is cool. Even though Michigan raped us on our top guys, especially from our state I did snag a 5* Wideout from their backyard. He was a soft verbal for UM and I worked my Zook like magic. Had to promise him he'd not redshirt and play a lot, something Michigan couldn't do due to their depth. Well after one home visit he signed, and now he's starting for me. But I HAD to start him ahead of other guys that are a little bit better but upperclassman as to keep my promise to him. I dont' wan't my integrity to suffer! Just one more awesome aspect of recruiting. I don't see how anyone could not like recruiting now.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
The BATTLE is cool. Even though Michigan raped us on our top guys, especially from our state I did snag a 5* Wideout from their backyard. He was a soft verbal for UM and I worked my Zook like magic. Had to promise him he'd not redshirt and play a lot, something Michigan couldn't do due to their depth. Well after one home visit he signed, and now he's starting for me. But I HAD to start him ahead of other guys that are a little bit better but upperclassman as to keep my promise to him. I dont' wan't my integrity to suffer! Just one more awesome aspect of recruiting. I don't see how anyone could not like recruiting now.
Integrity!? You're giving in to an 18 year old and benching a senior who's better than he is. The tail is wagging the dog! Those poor seniors must be leading a revolt behind the scenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Integrity!? You're giving in to an 18 year old and benching a senior who's better than he is. The tail is wagging the dog! Those poor seniors must be leading a revolt behind the scenes.
LMAO, yeah but I didn't recruit those guys so F 'em! I have no promises made to them. Besides the Senior that should be my #2 fumbled 3 times in the bowl game. He's outta there!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #23
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

I keep pissing off top recruits. The top guys don't even want to talk to me(I'm Mid TN State). If I even try to find a pitch they hang up. BUT, there is a 4 star athlete who likes MTSU. Other than that, I'm going after nothing but 2 and 3 star guys. I can't even get in the door with the 5 star guys unlike last year.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 08-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #24
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
I keep pissing off top recruits. The top guys don't even want to talk to me(I'm Mid TN State). If I even try to find a pitch they hang up. BUT, there is a 4 star athlete who likes MTSU. Other than that, I'm going after nothing but 2 and 3 star guys. I can't even get in the door with the 5 star guys unlike last year.
i'm playing with Mid. Tenn. state too. it took me till the end of my 2nd year before i got a 4-start recruit. a FB thats a beast. would be perfect for a triple option team, which im not doing, but is also great at catching. in my third season but the best recruit that is interested in me right now are 3-stars players. my school is currently a 3-star and now in the MAC conference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »