Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #689
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
What is the consensus, are you starting on-line dynasty games before the patch or should you wait. Is that stat anomoly where it appears games that have actually been played being simulated fixed with this patch or is that a separtate issue.

Sorry if this has been addressed.
Its being discussed here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ty-update.html

But to give you the limited info I have, EA/Adam are working on the online dynasties via their servers. There is no patch to fix online dynasties.

Told you it was limited info.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-23-2008, 11:52 PM   #690
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
It has already been stated that EA has no plans of fixing the dynasty roster schedule bug either in a first or second patch, we will have to wait for 2010 for correct schedules.
Not to get OT but what are you referring to here?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #691
Rookie

OVR: 2

Some of you getting pissed off baffles me. I understand the frustration at the game play flaws, I want a realistic football game as much as anybody, but Adam isn't answering your concerns about game play in this thread because this thread isn't about game play nor does he have anything to do with designing or testing game play.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:01 AM   #692
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
The bigger question i have is this.....what is EA willing to do to restore faith in the gaming community.

Ian keeps saying to the 2k guys "What do i have to do to get you to give me(EA) a chance, or to win you back" (Its in a Madden thread). Well, at this rate, it seems that you wont be making that comment to just 2k guys, but to alot of others.

Dont get me wrong, ive been fairly level headed i think, tried to curb the anger and alleviate the ******** questions and fanboy/flame posts, but i want a game that is awesome like any others.

If we can help, point things out, answer questions, provide insight, do anything, we will......but let us know what that is, and lets get the big issues fixed, not shy away from them. If they CANT or WONT be fixed bc the decision was made, at least let us know.
Sorry dude, but they dont have to do anything. The only way this would happen is if they were goign the way of the dodo, and given that they are the only game in town, that aint happenin.

Here's what I truly believe. EA's marketing team and suits have an outline for this game...this is a business moreso than it was say back in the early 90's. The outline is this:

Next Gen: (I'm paraphrasing here)
NCAA 2007 - let's give them a little taste of next gen graphics...not too much more blah, blah, blah.
NCAA 2008 - Let's take a bigger step....give them "new" features, bring back some older stuff from next-gen
NCAA 2009 - People love scoring, let's give them more offense, wide open gameplay on offense, new offensive moves, etc.
NCAA 2010 - Now were going to give them more defensive moves. The def linemen will have more custom moves, the LB's will have moves specific to them and the DB's as well. Teams with lights out defensive players will be rewarded.
NCAA 2011 - some other useless feature will be thrown in while screwing up the gameplay.
2012....yadda yadda yadda

You get the point. It's just give them a little from year to year to keep them coming back.

What they don't realize is that you get loyal customers from putting out quality material time in-n-time out. People will continue to buy as you make even little improvements. I'm not, regardless of what is addressed in the patch, buying this game sight-unseen EVER again. I've been burned for the last time. I don't put $60 of gas in my car and wasting it by just drive around in circle until the tank runs out, and I don't believe in essentially throwing away $60 bucks on this game.

It's ridiculous looking at the Madden box and see it say "32 New Features!" or whatever it says. To an idiot, seeing all that would make Madden a must buy, but to the rest of us, it's just typical spin. Half of that stuff is stuff that should be common place. EA is like the father bragging about taking care of his family. Don't talk yourself up to us about stuff your already supposed to & should be doing.

Last edited by stoncold32; 07-24-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:16 AM   #693
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Sorry dude, but they dont have to do anything. The only way this would happen is if they were goign the way of the dodo, and given that they are the only game in town, that aint happenin.

Here's what I truly believe. EA's marketing team and suits have an outline for this game...this is a business moreso than it was say back in the early 90's. The outline is this:

Next Gen: (I'm paraphrasing here)
NCAA 2007 - let's give them a little taste of next gen graphics...not too much more blah, blah, blah.
NCAA 2008 - Let's take a bigger step....give them "new" features, bring back some older stuff from next-gen
NCAA 2009 - People love scoring, let's give them more offense, wide open gameplay on offense, new offensive moves, etc.
NCAA 2010 - Now were going to give them more defensive moves. The def linemen will have more custom moves, the LB's will have moves specific to them and the DB's as well. Teams with lights out defensive players will be rewarded.
NCAA 2011 - some other useless feature will be thrown in while screwing up the gameplay.
2012....yadda yadda yadda

You get the point. It's just give them a little from year to year to keep them coming back.

What they don't realize is that you get loyal customers from putting out quality material time in-n-time out. People will continue to buy as you make even little improvements. I'm not, regardless of what is addressed in the patch, buying this game sight-unseen EVER again. I've been burned for the last time. I don't put $60 of gas in my car and wasting it by just drive around in circle until the tank runs out, and I don't believe in essentially throwing away $60 bucks on this game.

It's ridiculous looking at the Madden box and see it say "32 New Features!" or whatever it says. To an idiot, seeing all that would make Madden a must buy, but to the rest of us, it's just typical spin. Half of that stuff is stuff that should be common place. EA is like the father bragging about taking care of his family. Don't talk yourself up to us about stuff your already supposed to & should be doing.
WOW!!!!!!!! You're on fire here:

When I first read this I thought you were going a little over the top but I went back and read it a second time and I have to admit that I agree with most of what you are saying.

I'm not here to bash EA. I really appreciate the EA guys for coming on here and not hiding from the problem. I think they know they have a HUGE problem on their hands with 09' and I'm glad they will at least attempt to fix it.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:17 AM   #694
Rookie

OVR: 1

very good points stoncold, thats exactly how I see EA working us. Its really not about making the best video game college football game, its about leaving us wanting more so that we feel compelled to buy next years installment. It will be like this forever because EA has no competition. If they did they'd be more inclined to make a 10 out of 10 game that would be an instant classic. To think this is the best they can do is nieve and completely ignorant. THey have the money, man power and technology to make a great title that could go down in history as the first best next gen football game but they choose not to.

I took my game back after renting it and finding that my dynasty would be unplayable until at least 2 major patches are released. At least thats $60 bucks Gamestop had to give back to me and maybe a good amount of people did the samething so at least Gamestop would take notice and let EA know that they had the most returns of their game ever. Thats a little too optimistic, but hey at least I tried to make a statment instead of complaining after I bought it and gave them my money.

Its like buyin weed and after you smoke it sayin it was the worst weed ever and then going to the weed man and sayin "fix this, this is the worst weed ever," and him sayin "well give it back," and you sayin "well I smoked it." The weed man will look at you crazy and say "thanks for the $20 and I promise I get a much better batch next week, be sure to check in with me." And of coarse you do.

They have your money people. I seem to remember that last year around this time I must of read 100 of posts and threads that said "I will not buy any EA football game next year." Where are you now? Did you take your own advice or did you fall for the hype and frenzy that is EA football? If you want them to fix things and to make drastic changes then don't buy their merchandise.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:35 AM   #695
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsus8091
very good points stoncold, thats exactly how I see EA working us. Its really not about making the best video game college football game, its about leaving us wanting more so that we feel compelled to buy next years installment. It will be like this forever because EA has no competition. If they did they'd be more inclined to make a 10 out of 10 game that would be an instant classic. To think this is the best they can do is nieve and completely ignorant. THey have the money, man power and technology to make a great title that could go down in history as the first best next gen football game but they choose not to.

I took my game back after renting it and finding that my dynasty would be unplayable until at least 2 major patches are released. At least thats $60 bucks Gamestop had to give back to me and maybe a good amount of people did the samething so at least Gamestop would take notice and let EA know that they had the most returns of their game ever. Thats a little too optimistic, but hey at least I tried to make a statment instead of complaining after I bought it and gave them my money.

Its like buyin weed and after you smoke it sayin it was the worst weed ever and then going to the weed man and sayin "fix this, this is the worst weed ever," and him sayin "well give it back," and you sayin "well I smoked it." The weed man will look at you crazy and say "thanks for the $20 and I promise I get a much better batch next week, be sure to check in with me." And of coarse you do.

They have your money people. I seem to remember that last year around this time I must of read 100 of posts and threads that said "I will not buy any EA football game next year." Where are you now? Did you take your own advice or did you fall for the hype and frenzy that is EA football? If you want them to fix things and to make drastic changes then don't buy their merchandise.

haha nice weed analogy! i agree with about 95% of what everyone's saying about the game.. yeah it sucks there are some major issues, but at the same time we have to be realistic.. To be honest, i highly doubt the suits really play the games their grunts make nor do they really care. most of those guys and gals are just smart and savvy businessmen and women. Bad thing with games like ncaa and madden, is that they HAVE to come out each and every year like clockwork BEFORE the seasons start.. with such a short timeframe to make a game, these programmers and developers are given a set amount of cash, with the timeframe taken into account, to make a game to come out in july or august... so i am sure its not just based on what game or whose making it, but they account their budgets into how long its in developement as well.. look at games like GTA4, MGS4, and Halo 3.. they were in developement for YEARS and cost millions to create.. its like being in a band.. the label gives you xxx amount of dollars, you take that cash and utilize it the best you can.. sometimes you have to sacrifice a good drum kit for some better production at the studio..or taking the van instead of having that new les paul.... and with us being in the so called "golden age" of gaming, profits are sky high and these suits are making record profits.. kinda sounds like the oil market, doesnt it?? with all that said, i'm still going to buy these games year after year.. I have to.. i love football too much to not be able to play it on my gaming consoles.. its almost to the point for my generation, growing up on tecmo bowl, that nfl video game football is as much of a past time as anything else... only thing i can hope for, is that the guys making the game, do it to the best of their abilities.. if it sucks, i'll trade it in for something else.. i have a slew of titles i can play on until gears of war 2 comes out
Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 AM   #696
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Word.

I'm done with it. I've said my peace. If they can't determine what many folks feel are big time issues that need addressing in the 793 posts explaining in detail what they are..... well....

Like I said....sure would be nice to hear something, anything in regards to our concerns regarding gameplay .

No need repeating what has already been said 1000 times over.

If they wont respond to the community leaders why would they respond to us?

See here;s the problem. the community leaders program is supposed to be like Congress or any elected official. they represent the larger community. they told Ian and all what the issues were, showed them at community day(per rhombic and moosetache) and you know what was done? Nothing.

Instead of using the leaders program as the tool it was intended to be...great feedback throughout the process and a small group that speaks for the masses through their websites....they have been turned nothing more than propagandists, or so it seems.

Report all the good stuff and hype but when it comes down to actually having input? Forget it.

Just my .02 cents.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »