Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #705
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
guys, this thread has gone from informative, to bad, to ridiculous, to now boarderline pathetic.

This is supposed to be an informative thread on the patches. People come to this thread in hopes to find information on when the patch might be available and what it may contain. Instead, they are finding all this nonsense. Hell, we've got guys starting new threads in the forum asking questions that they should easily find in here, but they can't. This thread has become hijacked by people bashing EA, complaining about the issues that we've heard over and over and over again. We get it. The game has issues. People are upset. I completely understand people's frustration.

And then we have guys making comments that it would be nice if Adam would give some information. Or it would be nice if a gameplay guy came in here. If you were them would you? And even if they did, how would you find the info they post?

Guys, this has got to stop. This thread is for discussion about the patch, its arrival, what it contains, and updates from Adam, Ian, or whomever else from EA. This is not a thread to bash the game, the developers, or EA. So lets gets back to what this thread was meant for and knock off the rest of the crap that isn't necessary in this thread. People shouldn't have to sift through countless posts of this other nonsense to find the info they are looking for.

Wow!

Appearently some people don't read all the posts in a thread before they post or they read this and chose to ignore it. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt that people didn't read this so I am going to post this one more time in hopes that people will stop cluttering this thread with useless information that has nothing to do with a patch.

Guys, if your posts in nothing more than to bash EA or complain about the gameplay, post it in either the "Gameplay issues" thread or the "Impressions" thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE PATCH AND NOT TO DISCUSS YOUR ISSUES WITH GAMEPLAY OR EA!!!

If need be, posts will be deleted that are off topic and if need be, infractions will be handed out. There are plenty of threads in which to choose to display your frustration with the game, BUT THIS ISN'T ONE OF THEM!!!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 07-24-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #706
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Latest info we had was Adam said first patch would probably be out beginning of August-ish (few more days). This will fix the roster glitch and allow people to actually edit rosters without crashing

Online dynasty is not a patch, its fixed ont he server side and he said that should be done last night or tonight most likely. This will clean out the nonsense in the EA lockers and allow you to save your dynasty online and get back into it.

The rumored second patch has an ETA of September, but that is subject to change. It will encompass a few fixes on exlpoits (apparently there is a recruiting exlpoit), and kick returns/punt returns. All of this is subject to change. Stuff could be added or taken out, and the time could change.

There, now the latest post has patch info.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #707
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Question Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Latest info we had was Adam said first patch would probably be out beginning of August-ish (few more days). This will fix the roster glitch and allow people to actually edit rosters without crashing

Online dynasty is not a patch, its fixed ont he server side and he said that should be done last night or tonight most likely. This will clean out the nonsense in the EA lockers and allow you to save your dynasty online and get back into it.

The rumored second patch has an ETA of September, but that is subject to change. It will encompass a few fixes on exlpoits (apparently there is a recruiting exlpoit), and kick returns/punt returns. All of this is subject to change. Stuff could be added or taken out, and the time could change.

There, now the latest post has patch info.
The 1st announcement was the patch would be out in 5-10 days,
clearing MS certification of course. OMT mentioned this on the
16; "August-ish" goes well beyond that.

When is the 1st patch going to be released, period?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #708
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
The 1st announcement was the patch would be out in 5-10 days,
clearing MS certification of course. OMT mentioned this on the
16; "August-ish" goes well beyond that.

When is the 1st patch going to be released, period?
He has said NUMEROUS times that he can't make any guarantees. They have to develop it, then test it, then sent it to central control, then to Sony an Microsoft. Once it goes to Sony and MS (which it has) its out of their hands. Sony and MS could hold it up for weeks if the wanted. His estimate of 5-10 days was an ESTIMATE. Only Son y and MS at this point have an idea as to when it will be completely done.

And August-ish (if we assume Aug 1) would be 8 days past his estimate. Its not like Adam carved it in stone and said i 100% guarantee it will be out on this day. He didnt develop it, he didnt test it, he didnt take it to MS or Sony, he doesnt work for MS and Sony, he can only tell us what he has been told or knows

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:28 AM   #709
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Ah yes, forgive me for not staying on top of this think-tank / symposium:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, the initial 5-10 days was what we thought originally. Turns out not to be the case. This is why I am VERY hesitant to give dates. That whole 5-10 days thing was posted all over the intrawebs, so people are expecting it any day now.

I guess there is just a lot of video games going through certification right now, so we are now estimating a 15 day lead time on patches. I think this roster bug patch is going to be out in the first week of August, which is a bummer. Sorry guys.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 AM   #710
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Wow!

Appearently some people don't read all the posts in a thread before they post or they read this and chose to ignore it. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt that people didn't read this so I am going to post this one more time in hopes that people will stop cluttering this thread with useless information that has nothing to do with a patch.

Guys, if your posts in nothing more than to bash EA or complain about the gameplay, post it in either the "Gameplay issues" thread or the "Impressions" thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE PATCH AND NOT TO DISCUSS YOUR ISSUES WITH GAMEPLAY OR EA!!!

If need be, posts will be deleted that are off topic and if need be, infractions will be handed out. There are plenty of threads in which to choose to display your frustration with the game, BUT THIS ISN'T ONE OF THEM!!!
Sup country

I understand what you are doing (ya mod duties ) But this thread along about the patch has ZERO info. 5-10 days we should have it, that is it.

The community is going nuts with all these gameplay problems. I am sure you understand. We just want some kind of responce. So I am going to make a gameplay thread

Later brother
Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 AM   #711
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_a_double_k
Sorry to get tooo far off topic, but WHO is that in your avatar AuburnAlumni?
It's Charlotte Church.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #712
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Sup country

I understand what you are doing (ya mod duties ) But this thread along about the patch has ZERO info. 5-10 days we should have it, that is it.

The community is going nuts with all these gameplay problems. I am sure you understand. We just want some kind of responce. So I am going to make a gameplay thread

Later brother
Zero info?

I understand the frustration, but how is turning a Patch Annnoucement thread, that was put in place to provide information, into another gameplay issues thread going to achieve getting patch info faster?

Again, people who have questions about the patch shouldn't have to sift thru all of this other stuff to get that info.

And there is no need to start another gameplay thread. You have 3 to choose from, I'd say thats plenty.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »