Home

why does everyone look at the bad?

This is a discussion on why does everyone look at the bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: why does everyone look at the bad?

cdon2k - You cannot go by message boards to determine who is satisfied vs. dissatisfied. Why? Because people with issues and/or unhappy are the primary ones who post there. People don't sit and think "gee i'm loving Madden, I need to go tell everyone on the message board how much I'm enjoying it and still playing it all year round". However, if someone thinks "this is BS! This game is garbage, what the heck is EA doing?" then the first thing many of them do is run and post it somewhere to get it out of their system and hope it somehow makes the game more to their liking.

It's just human nature.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
cdon2k - You cannot go by message boards to determine who is satisfied vs. dissatisfied. Why? Because people with issues and/or unhappy are the primary ones who post there. People don't sit and think "gee i'm loving Madden, I need to go tell everyone on the message board how much I'm enjoying it and still playing it all year round". However, if someone thinks "this is BS! This game is garbage, what the heck is EA doing?" then the first thing many of them do is run and post it somewhere to get it out of their system and hope it somehow makes the game more to their liking.

It's just human nature.
That was probably one of the best posts here. The reason most people are on OS who post a lot is cause they have some kind of beef, whether big or small. ODogg wouldn't have 22,000+ posts if they had dreadlocks in NCAA lol. But if you are truly enjoying the game, a lot of people aren't gonna either post a lot, or even be members of a game forum at all.

Part of the problem is also that people have so many agendas when they're posting, it's not even funny. They'll even make up issues, or over exaggerate problems just to get people riled up and angry at whatever company (most of the time EA).
Old 06-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
I've never read an easier question on O.S. Here's your answer:

Last gen these games (Madden and Ncaa) would last you the entire year. That is no longer the case. You are LUCKY if these games last the entire season. For many, the games only last a few weeks. Madden and Ncaa used to be the perfect games for casual gamers/sports fans. A guy could play these games here and there or take advantage of how deep they were if he had time. This gen, most of our time has been spent dealing with issues just trying to get the games to play a decent game of football (failing by the way). The real bummer about the whole thing is that a lot of guys could just buy one of these games a year and be set (thereby keeping their gaming somewhat casual), but now due to these games being bad, people have to turn to the Call of Duty's of the world which they had no interest in to begin with. Does that answer your question?
Agree 100%...I dropped in NCAA 08 for PS2 last night just to compare it to the Demo and loved it (08)...it really made me realize how bad the game play really is with the next gen version of this game. It's really sad and disappointing. I think that's why people are so critical, EA was on the right track on last gen, there was nothing wrong with it. Had they built on that game god knows where the series would be..instead they completely retooled the game and it's never been the same...

...everyone who is scratching your head as to why people are so critical I'll put it this way, it would be like eating at Ruth Cris steak house and then comparing that to eating a microwaved frozen patty burger and wondering why someone would complain about the burger...its' garbage, it tastes like butt....that's why people complain. Yes the next gen version does some really nice things, but unfortunately those things don't have anything to do with the core game play...hence making it worthless in my mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 32

I think instead of looking at the "bad" I would refer to it more as a very cautious optimism. We all still have hope that EA can get it right but have doubts about some of their ideas and the implementation of those ideas.

EA just needs a little "kick in the butt" from time to time!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 0

Love this thread. I actually got banned from OS for making fun of all the people that bash this game LOL.

Everyone loves to b**** about this game, yet they buy it every year? Doesn't make too much sense...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It makes more sense than not buying it and bashing it.. LOL
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #39
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

It's just the nature of the internet. People have whined about these games since I've been on these boards. There is some serious revisionist history concerning the last gen games. I distinctly remember people drawing jeff luhr murder cartoons on MS paint back in 2005. To me the two football games have 1 or 2 great editions on each console cycle. For Madden it was 2003 and 2005, and for NCAA it was 2004 and 2006 (last gen). This gen it has so far been Madden 10 and NCAA 09, but I think NCAA 11 is going to join the ranks.

Honestly, for as much as people complain about these games, they sure do get a lot of playtime out of them.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #40
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalline
why does everybody look for the bad in the game. why cant we look for the good? the day the demo came out i couldnt put down the controller until it was time to go to work, i get on this forum and all i hear is flaming whats up with that yo?

Because sadly, without the hardcore fans of the series complaining, some things might never get done. If the dev team only had to comply to the complacent, positive thinking, oblivious, casual gamer, then the advancements in the game would be smaller than we're already seeing. There would be no incentive to improve the easily correctable mistakes. So complaining has its place to light a fire under EA's butt. I know it gets annoying to hear sometimes but the complaining and flaming highlights issues which would go unnoticed or un-talked about by the casual, complacent gamers. You should be thanking the complainers.. they demand an apology. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »