Home

Will you play with/against Alabama?

This is a discussion on Will you play with/against Alabama? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #41
Rookie

drewislegend's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Will you play with/against Alabama?

yeah i have had to deal with this issue a lot being a florida gator fan, especially the last several years.

People just accuse you of cheesing since you use them...it sucks. But it forces you to get acclimated to other teams as well. I'm glad UF is a little lower this year and that Bama is overrated so hopefully not as many ppl run off when they see Florida. But so many Bama fans are coming out of nowhere now since they won...I go to college in Birmingham and its absolutely ridiculous. I think this year i'm gonna try out some different teams like BC, South Carolina, and Oregon State this year online so i can try and find some other quality lower teams I can run with most of my games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #42
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
That doesn't sound very threatening considering Florida is still in the 90's overall and on offense and defense. Using Florida isn't exactly like an underdog in the game.
I wasn't trying to scare anybody, I was just saying I'll always use Florida no matter what. I didn't see but 1 or 2 bama fans last year online. I only played like 120 games though..
Old 07-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #43
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Yeah it's kind of frustrating. When Auburn had their undefeated season, I swear the state was 70% Auburn 30% Alabama. Of course, due to Alabama's success, I know a select few Auburn football fans in my high school. It's really pathetic. Having some little kid cuss at me (along with full grown men Alabama fans making fun of the VT shooting a couple years back, and with the whole dressing up to go to church theme) at the Virginia Tech vs Alabama game also directed my hatred towards Alabama and it's fans. I have a couple friends that I will bite the bullet and play against Alabama, but as far as online, I'll pass on that.
I don't think it has ever been like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
Yup just look at this thread it mostly Bama fans lol... I know there are some true fans but it's funny how they appear outta no where when they win. I'm sure if they lost a bunch of games this year you wouldn't see alot them again ..
Well for one it is a thread about Alabama so naturally most Bama fans would chime in.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 1

yes i willbe playing with my TIDE!! played all last yr against Tim Tebows over rated self!! no doubt, come on down to ttown baby.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #45
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy
I hardly play online in quick play now crap.Most of the people that play online these in the created rooms are chessers any how IMO . Also they either run the same dam no huddle crap , go for it on fourth down NEVER punting , going for every two point coverson .TO me that is NOT real football .
I agree with this, it's not real football at all. In fact, LOL, I remember calling out a few of these people in the East Lobby on NCAA 10 a few weeks ago.

The person I wound up arguing with had very little reading comprehension, as he told me to leave if I didn't like the game and thought it was fake, which I never even said. It was really amusing.

Plus, these cheesers are pretty easy to spot in lobbies. If their sportsmanship (handshake symbol) is a 1, they are the go for it on 4th down, cheeser, types 9 times out of 10.

As for the topic, yes I will both play as and play against Alabama. I don't see the big problem with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #46
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I wont be playing against them at all. The disparity between their ratings and the next best team is too high. If I liked them, I would use them very rarely.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #47
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
Yup just look at this thread it mostly Bama fans lol... I know there are some true fans but it's funny how they appear outta no where when they win. I'm sure if they lost a bunch of games this year you wouldn't see alot them again ..
I'm not even a Bama fan but what you're saying applies to virtually every team, in almost any sport.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #48
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
I'm not even a Bama fan but what you're saying applies to virtually every team, in almost any sport.
True true……

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »