Home

TOO MANY NO-HUDDLES

This is a discussion on TOO MANY NO-HUDDLES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: TOO MANY NO-HUDDLES

I'm playing a game cpu vs cpu with 10 min quarters, AA. Just started the 4th quarter. I use cpu vs cpu because it takes the human element out of the game.

Rutgers has 82 plays Total
Duke has 55 plays Total
I still have a full quarter left to play

score is Rutgers 38 - Duke: 21

It seems 10 min is too long with this no-huddle offense.

I hope this helps
Old 07-13-2010, 01:46 AM   #18
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

but a cpu vs. cpu game that you watch may not have the same results as a simmed game. I want my playes per game in my played games to be similar to the sim game stats which could possibly vary depending on team tempo.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:46 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
I'm playing a game cpu vs cpu with 10 min quarters, AA. Just started the 4th quarter. I use cpu vs cpu because it takes the human element out of the game.

Rutgers has 82 plays Total
Duke has 55 plays Total
I still have a full quarter left to play

score is Rutgers 38 - Duke: 21

It seems 10 min is too long with this no-huddle offense.

I hope this helps
That seems almost right in my eyes. On average in the NFL teams combine for 120+ plays per game. Since college ball is a lot more fast paced and you are running two no huddle teams, 130+ in the 4th doesn't seem to bad. Maybe 9 minutes is the perfect length.

― Plato
Old 07-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
That seems almost right in my eyes. On average in the NFL teams combine for 120+ plays per game. Since college ball is a lot more fast paced and you are running two no huddle teams, 130+ in the 4th doesn't seem to bad. Maybe 9 minutes is the perfect length.

Correct, 120 plays is NFL. How many plays would a college team run due to the no-huddle offensive?

The no-huddle in this game feels to much like a hurry-up offense.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...oHuddleOffense

In this blog they showed the team that they game the No Huddle to, and the type of no huddle that they run.

The offensive tempo of the CPU in EA's football games is almost always too fast, so it would make sense the it would be exacerbated in the No Huddle sets.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 15

Go do a comparison again canes. The average is 120 ranging between 115-130 plays for BOTH NFL and College. Check ESPN and look at 10 games last year in College.

Claystone, I'm like you..not sure if you remember me from the Madden forums but I am a huge CPU v CPU player as well.

I don't have the game yet, but try 8 min quarters and see if you get 120ish plays including sacks.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #23
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

I think you can change the tempo of the no huddle. It states in the NCAA blog "Some teams also like to run their No Huddle attack with a more aggressive tempo to keep the defense on their heels and limit their preplay adjustments. To set a faster Tempo in NCAA Football 11, you can go into your Gameplan options from playcall and select Aggressive under the Tempo section"

I wonder if you can change this for the CPU as well?? Anyone with a copy that can confirm or deny?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
I was worried about this when they touted Michigan running a no-huddle spread. I don't think any college team does it ALL THE TIME! Teams do it to establish a tempo and keep teams off-balance now and then.
Michigan definitely runs it. No, not all the time. But they don't in the game either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »