Home

Passing Game Broken

This is a discussion on Passing Game Broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Passing Game Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
60%? What do you think their overall completion % should be?
55%?

I don't know if there is any where that someone has broken down the stats, but last season I guarantee you that Ryan Mallett had a HIGHER completion percentage for passes OVER 30 yards. He throws to hard. They've been working with him all spring to put some more "touch" on the ball for the short throws, so hopefully we'll see a massive increase in overall accuracy.

When it comes to the deep ball, Ryan Mallett is far and away the best QB in the country. It's his problem with the short passes that don't make him quite as clear cut as #1 overall. But we'll see. If he's made the necessary improvements in the short passing game, Arkansas will have its first Heisman trophy winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I've only noticed it with certain routes. Curls, ins, and comebacks are high risk. The curls the DBalways jumps the route, the in route is the oft cited physic DB,and the comeback route has a 80% completion rate -- to the wrong team.

However some routes work beautifully. Love throwing the deep out with a strong armed QB or a post route with no safety help.

Edit: The deep ball works fine. You just have to anticipate and throw the ball sooner than you think. Most college Qbs can't gun the ball 50+ yards downfield. You should know if the deep ball is open before you snap the ball.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 07-18-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #27
Rookie

coachk75's Arena

OVR: 2

If all else fails turn up your QB ACC & WR CATCH sliders
Old 07-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #28
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

I've thrown plenty of good deep balls that were caught by WR when he had a step on a guy. What do you want? To just be able to go downfield at will, whenever you want? Go play NFL Blitz. It's not realistic at all to be able to chuck down field all game long with 100% success. Teams in real life don't do it. Throwing the bomb on every play isn't realistic at all.

And 60% completion down field? Mallett last year completed 55.8% of his passes. That was all passes, not just 1 on 1 wheel routes against mediocre Purdue. I think you need to reevaluate what it is you want to accomplish on this game as far as realism goes before you spout off that anything is broken.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22686196

That is a well thrown deep ball. You can see the intended WR DeSean Hales get cleanly off the line and get a step on the DB and catch it for six. Passing game doesn't look very broken to me.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, I must agree the passing game is not very good on this one...I play on heisman and try to not touch the sliders at all...the dl get their hands on way to many passes that are intended to go 20+ yds and way too many dropped passes...
Old 07-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #30
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Cdon what level are you playing on? I'm having issues passing on Heisman level this year. I play with the Canes so I have the offensive firepower to move the ball however the passing game hasn't clicked for me just yet. I going to hit the lab tonight and work on my game and let you know what helps me out man!
I've been rockin' AllAmerican.... You mention the Canes and that is what I am getting at, I don't feel superior when using high powered offenses even against unranked teams. At least with the passing game that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Honestly being that he said he plays online ONLY, I think it is his internet connection speed or who ever he playing against connection speed that is broken. Or maybe his controller is broken.

Because if you only 3 for 20 in PRACTICE, then yeah that is a USER error. Because if passing online was broken, this board would be filled with threads with people complaining about it.
Yeah, it happened in PRACTICE so no lag issues or other player issues. What I was trying to achieve is a perfect situation (#1 receiver heading cutting towards the sideline with no safety help). Now, with an great QB and a good #1 WR, then you should expect to see results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
i don't get it. you'd prefer the receiver be able to catch it every time over the corner in 1 on 1? then even more people would complain. i don't think the passing system is broken at all. it's not mirror to real life, but that'd be extremely difficult with all the jostling that goes on today. have you tried user catching? normally when i get one on one coverage, if i know my guys not a speedster, i'll user it.
When I am using a great QB/WR combo vs an unranked teams defense what I would expect is good results. A great QB should be able to lead or lob it to the sideline to a great WR cutting to the sideline with decent success. Now when the WR is outmatched (think Revis) or there is safety help or a lackluster QB, then I am ok with getting shutdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
If it's 1 on 1 coverage and he's running stride for stride with your man- then why do you think he should catch the pass?
Real life QB's rarely throw to a receiver who is well covered. Look for the OPEN man....that's how the game is played in real life.
And sometimes people aren't open and you're gonna get sacked- that's what happens in real life too.

It's funny how we want our players to catch everything and when we are on D we've got no problem with our D men swatting down every pass. Human nature I guess.
Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne.... They get the job done against coverage all day. The best QB/WR combos in this game should do better than 3 for 20 against a mediocre CB. I believe a lot of people are just "throwing to the wide open receiver", heck I was doing that for a bit and having some success, but sometimes you don't get that wide open man and you have to throw the ball into single coverage and let your playmakers make the play.

After playing some more, I am really not that upset that man coverage is overpowered. I would rather it be this way than too loose like in 09. If it is going to be unbalanced one way, I would rather it be too effective. I am just upset that they still haven't figured out a way to balance man coverage. I have also noticed that there is some bad issues with players running into each other and throwing off their routes. I have seen a WR get stuck on another WR or TE and delay the whole route; this could be another reason people are seeing so many sacks. I am sure that they will patch it up and things will be better. The only bad part about that is that Madden will be available and that means a little less time for this great game.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #31
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Just played a game online and couldnt complete a pass to save my life every time I threw it d-line man and lb's would superman jump and knock things down.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 34

passing broken, coverage broken..everything is broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »