Home

Passing Game Broken

This is a discussion on Passing Game Broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 AM   #33
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Passing Game Broken

One thing i liked to add is, where are the pass interference and encroachment penalties!? I'm year four of my Dynasty with those penalties at 100, and I've seen a grand total of 3 Pass interference calls, and 0 encroachment penalties. There have been plenty of blatant PI where the DB will interfere, but it's almost never called, and when it has been it called, it's almost never even appropriate.

And the encroachment thing really irritates me, it means that jump the snap has no downsides what so ever, and that doing hard counts will only result in false starts. Maybe someone else has had better luck, but for me this has been absolutely ridiculous.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 7

For myself, I think the main problem, at least on Heisman, is that players do not play to their ratings.

Too many times, the CPU drops a D-Lineman into coverage who jumps up like he is going to dunk a ball and swats it (or picks it).

It gets pretty frustrating when you have a guy open 15 yards behind a player who has 44 jumping and you see that player jump up so high that his feet are about 3 to 4 feet off of the ground (or higher). It just takes away from the fun factor when this happens.

As far as the coverage goes, I try to user catch all the time, so, sometimes I get position, sometimes, the DB gets it. However, I can see when there are times when the CPU DB runs the route before the WR even makes his break.

One thing I will say though is try the old Pump Fake on the deep routes. If nothing else, it makes the play look a lot sweeter. And guys do bite on it, so, that is just an added bonus right there.

Last edited by JMBOO; 07-19-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Not enough run-on sentences
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

My big problem are out routes. Obviously these are probably the toughest routes to throw in real life, but even IF the defender doesn't run the route first (which is pretty much 99% of the time), my throw is wayyyyyyy behind the guy.

I could understand if I was doing this with some garbage QB, but I was doing this with Case Keenum and it was nowhere close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #36
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

yea my passing hasnt been the best yet and the cpu throws the ball all over me because my coverage BLOWS. I dont know how but the cpu gets so wide open on offense its as if no one is even attempting to cover them.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:36 AM   #37
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

My problem with passing is the horrible coverage. The defenders just can't seem to figure it out. They get stuck in animations for a split second so guys can get open, they turn the wrong way, the safties don't pick up their man when they should, linebackers can't stay with tight ends over the middle, slants are pretty much money, same with drags, and flat routes.

I understand that some people may not see these issues, but I do. So yeah to me, the passing is broken. Its very unfortunate because so many other aspects of this game are phenomenal.

I hate to give up an the game because I was so excited for it, but unless these issues are patched, I won't be playing it much.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #38
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Here's the short list of problems with the passing & coverage game I have found in my first Dynasty season play through:
  • Ball arc is too low resulting in too many knocked down passes by Defensive Lineman and Linebackers
  • DBs/LBs react as soon as QB pulls arm back (actually had a rushing LB disengage, drop back 5 yards, jump 40+ inches in the air to knock down a ball that was 15 yards from the WR, crazy)
  • DBs/LBs can jump to the right/left as 'if' they have momentum, basically jump 5 yards to the right/left at a 40inch vertical, effectively warping to knock the ball down or make an interception (what happened to locomotion???)
  • Locomotion is NOT in effect at all times. I have replays of safeties turning around with NO footwork, just stopping, and 180 turn (like prior versions of the game 'before' new locomotion). This was something locomotion was supposed to fix.
  • GatorArms is a little too effective (just a little) and needs to be toned down. (really need a slider for it)
  • Inside/outside/up/down coverage means absolutely nothing as DBs will adjust before ball is released on the route, many times running the route better than the receiver.
They hacked up their locomotion implementation because the game wouldn't work without the hacks. Locomotion isn't locomotion if it isn't in effect at all times.

Last edited by Valdarez; 07-19-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #39
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Putting pass coverage at 40 for all american or higher seems to get the DBs not to mirror or run the route before the wide out even does.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #40
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
Putting pass coverage at 40 for all american or higher seems to get the DBs not to mirror or run the route before the wide out even does.
I'll try that, but I'll be surprised if it works. It's basically the same as Madden, and the DB's early reactions is how they provide more difficult AI coverage. It's a buggy implementation as the outside/inside/up/down coverage mean absolutely nothing, thus negating real football strategy/reads and real physics to a large extent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »