Home

5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

This is a discussion on 5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacktastic007
I agree...the vision cone was legit!

I'm not too much of a fan of the whole cone thing. Not one of those things I can put in my little brother's hands and expect him to play well.

Last edited by jeebs9; 08-03-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember2
Many times I've been successful against the 20 yard drop back players by playing 3 deep or cloud zones. This keeps my players facing forward and in many spaces on the field to make plays. It's very annoying to face this style online. I know the blitz won't get there so I use my DB's and LB's in coverage. I'll typically take control of a DE and provide manual pressure to force a decision by the QB.

To the OP; i'd try corner blitzes to help with your contain issues. There's few nice double corner blitzes in the nickel packages. These plays have zone through the middle to help lower the risk. I find many players that like to run around aren't the most skilled in other areas and a few surprise CB blitzes (especially from the short side of the field) are enough to rattle them. Let me know what you think and if this helps.
Its really funny you said that. Because this did work a few possessions (I actually caused a few turnovers)....But then he threw quick passes right over them for 10 gains. Thats probably why I never came back to it. Next time I'll stick to it. Because a lot of corner biltzs were working.

Last edited by jeebs9; 08-03-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #19
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

For people like that I just run a ball control offense and do my best on defense....these type of gamers usually aren't too smart or skilled and so I can get a 12-15 play drive going and milk a quarter or so - that way I make it a 3 possession game for each team and thus if I get a stop or he throws a pick or something I pretty much win.

I actually had a kid do this me a couple weeks back with LSU, he was yelling SEC over his mic and just rolled out...he ended up throwing a pick in the endzone after running down the field with a WR at QB. He didn't get the ball back until the 4th Quarter when I was up 14-0.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
For people like that I just run a ball control offense and do my best on defense....these type of gamers usually aren't too smart or skilled and so I can get a 12-15 play drive going and milk a quarter or so - that way I make it a 3 possession game for each team and thus if I get a stop or he throws a pick or something I pretty much win.

I actually had a kid do this me a couple weeks back with LSU, he was yelling SEC over his mic and just rolled out...he ended up throwing a pick in the endzone after running down the field with a WR at QB. He didn't get the ball back until the 4th Quarter when I was up 14-0.
now that you said that, when i play someone like that im going to use ball control...as a matter of fact since they want to be annoying i can also...back in madden 2004 i had the bucs offense and i never snapped the ball until there was 1 second left on the playclock....and i ran the ball 40 times a game to 6 passes.....

since they want to be annoying i can also
Old 08-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #21
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhouston12
now that you said that, when i play someone like that im going to use ball control...as a matter of fact since they want to be annoying i can also...back in madden 2004 i had the bucs offense and i never snapped the ball until there was 1 second left on the playclock....and i ran the ball 40 times a game to 6 passes.....

lol..... I do that as well. Just set your gameplan to 'conservative'... it automatically milks the clock, but be careful, because it will only give you :12 at the LOS to make any pre-snap adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhouston12

That is how I look at it...plus then I get realistic results for my offense, since I get 4-5 min drives
Old 08-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #23
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Guys will never learn, stop playing randoms. Play people you know or atleast guys you see on OS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

This happpens because ea is lazy. What is so hard about creating a
temporary dely anytime the QB turns his back on the field of play. Ea could simply turn off the passing icons for 2 seconds and that would cure the backward running Qb or throwng across the field issue. How can the QB read coverage when he can't see the play.

For scrambling qbs I get in a dime and alternate NB blitz from each side. Also there are a couple of plays like cloud zone that put someone in the flat to cover a QB. Too bad zone is useless in the game. Also nickel Velcro works against players who scramble because they suck at passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »